Thread: Resident Evil or Silent Hill???

Default Resident Evil or Silent Hill???

I would just like your imput on how you like Silent Hill cuz I have played Resident Evil and I want to know how Silent Hill compares to RE and what is better about each game. Thanx

Both have good graphics. Both have good storyline. Both have zombies (iguess u could call the stuff in SH zombies). Both have ranged and melee weapons. Both have puzzles. SH is scarier. RE is more action packed than SH from what I remeber. Both have unlockable features but SH has more. Both have multiple endings and multiple main characters.I havent played either of these games in months.

RadRider

Silent Hill is far scarier than Resident Evil, so I'd choose Silent Hill. Besides, Resident Evil has possibly the worst control scheme every invented.
    But I do have to say that Silent Hill has, by far, the worst voice acting I've ever heard in any videogame.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

If this was 1996, maybe Resident evil. But not now. Lets get original.

Originally posted by RadRider
    Silent Hill is far scarier than Resident Evil, so I'd choose Silent Hill. Besides, Resident Evil has possibly the worst control scheme every invented.
    But I do have to say that Silent Hill has, by far, the worst voice acting I've ever heard in any videogame.
    I dont know about that, ever play HoTD2? that has some pretty bad voice acting. im not sure because i havent played SH in a while but HoTD is pretty bad.

silent hill 2 sucked major c0ck. lol. it wasnt scary at all. the first one was much scarier. resident evil is way better than silent hill, i think

Morrowind is scarier than them both. I hate getting hit from behind unexpectedly, and the thunder the first time you hear it...amazing.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    Morrowind is scarier than them both. I hate getting hit from behind unexpectedly, and the thunder the first time you hear it...amazing.
    You know what i think that over and over aain. Morrowind scariest game ever! I get really scared when i start moving the right thumbstick to look around and i hear my own footsteps, man i start runnin and turn around feeeling like a idiot. And those rats youll be walking midin your own business havent swung your weapon for like 2 minutes and wam it makes this loud noise and u jump outs your chair (well maybe not but its scary). Anther thing is when its like 12am and u cant see jack and u go into a really dark cave and u dont have a torch\lantern\candle and u cant se nuthin and these zombies beat the crap outs you (well maybe they scare the crap outa ya, not kil ya).

I hate when I get hit from behind, especially by cliff racers...I get so damn scared...but thats only because its unexpected...

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

please the ne Re remake for gc is the ISSSSHHHHH...way better and scarier then Shill...i thought that game was a piece of crap///,maybe i didn't give it a fair shake....but in re to someone saying that re has the worst control scheme eva...

the controls, fixed camera angles , slow pace, and those door cut scenes are all implemented to give a a good feel for a horror game......what do u want to do....do cartwheels and backflips off walls?..,.if the controls were like that..the game would be way to easy and wouldn't give u a suspenseful feeling.

My biggest gripe with Silent Hill 2 was that the monsters were not a threat. Even on the hardest difficulty this game was a cynch to play through. I never felt I was in danger and hence the "survival" portion of Survival Horror was gone. Good game but could have used some tweaking to be classified as great.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

Thread Information