Thread: I need help Enchanting in Morrowind

Default I need help Enchanting in Morrowind

OK, I got a soul gem, got a soul, and went to a mage. I asked him to enchant it for me. I used my axe. So, he does what he has to do, I go out and start a fight to see what I can do with it. Well, how do I use it? I tried picking it out of my magic, and tried using my sword, but nothing special seemed to happen. All I need to know is how do I use my enchantment? Do I need to be well trained in something?

when u look at the wepon in the menu screen is it in front of a blue spiral type background . . . if so then it is succeddfuly enchanted and u can equip it normally and fight with it. . . . if u enchanted an ax then when u use it its your ax skills that effect if u hit the target or not . . .
    Your off the squad!
    Take That!

did you choose a spell to use?

i enchanted an ebony long sword last night i bought a soul gem that was charged for 60,000 gold, then i bought a fire spell to use with it. This sword freaking rocks now, WOW!!! it is capable of dealing out 100pts of damage

anyways back to your problem you need a soul gem and a spell of some sort to enchant an item. You cannot enchant something with just a soul gem it won't work, you need to choose a spell

I did chose a spell. I chose some sort of fire damage spell.

did u choose for type of enchant the "cast when strike" i think that is what it is called. When i first did mine i choose the wrong effect and i had to go into my magic and select a sword and cast the effect. You need the "cast when strike" thing. i will get you the name of it when i get home i don't got the game at work.

If it's "cast when strike", does that mean there will be some sort of fire damage to them when I hit them?

where did you buy the 60,000 drake soul gem?

Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
    If it's "cast when strike", does that mean there will be some sort of fire damage to them when I hit them?

yes thats what it means, so that is why my sword can do almost 100pts of damage.

I got my soul gem from a mage in Balmora i stole some glass armor at ghost gate and just traded pieces of that armor for the gem

i stoled that same gem

How do you get a soul in a gem?

buy a soul trap spell and use it on any animal

Thread Information