Thread: Verizon & Microsoft Team Up

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Verizon & Microsoft Team Up

Verizon and Microsoft are teaming up to deliver innovative, high-speed, digital subscriber line (DSL) Internet access and services that can be offered across the country over Verizon's 34 million DSL-capable access lines. The agreement expands upon the companies' existing relationships in the wireless and online information services arenas and furthers their commitment to providing a superior broadband experience to customers nationwide.

The co-branded service will combine premium Internet services and content from the MSN network of Internet services, the No. 1 online destination worldwide, with high-speed Internet access and world-class customer support and features from Verizon Online. The result for consumers will be a customized browser featuring unique Internet services and applications that are designed for top performance over Verizon broadband connections.

Once it's available early next year, the co-branded Verizon Online with MSN service will become the preferred Internet service offered to all new and existing Verizon Online DSL customers. In addition, Verizon Online DSL will become the preferred Internet service offered to MSN Broadband Internet Access customers in Verizon's service area. The service will be available to all MSN Broadband and Verizon Online residential DSL subscribers where Verizon Online offers DSL service.

Verizon will be the primary provider of DSL and core telecom services for the new co-branded service and will promote special offers for a variety of our product lines, including local and long-distance calling, caller ID, call waiting, voice mail, print and electronic yellow and white pages, directory assistance, wireless and more.

The co-branded service also lays the foundation for future delivery of individually or jointly developed premium offerings, such as file sharing, collaborative browsing, Internet-based voice services and unified messaging,

--Teamxbox
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I dunno if that good or not because I didnt read it.....but I have Adelphia digital cable and I do plan on playing Xbox online...

YES !!!!!! I can finally get dsl in my area when they do that then. I have been waiting for this just because of xbox live. Your all dead now once I get on there. And pres where do you live in pa becasue adelphia is all around me but I got stuck with service electric.

hmm..
    this is very good news..
    now peeps who dont have broadband necessarily..
    will have a better chance of gettin it..
    good work m$

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Originally posted by E-Xbox
    hmm..
    this is very good news..
    now peeps who dont have broadband necessarily..
    will have a better chance of gettin it..
    good work m$

peace
    like me....even tho I can still get it, lol.

this is good for me in case att starts charging for bandwidth.

This is sweet. Hopefully more people will be on Xbox live.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Wait, hold on a second...

Can you hear me now?

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    Can you hear me now?
    hahahhhehe

I hate verizon

I Wonder if they Will offer Some Kind Of Package Deal!!!
    That Would Be Sweet...
    Save Some $$$$!!!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

it seems to me like Microsoft really wants to push this Live service to as many people as possible....

i think there is no more doubt that Live will be a success... Microsoft wouldn't be pushing all these mini Live projects if it was worried about it....

right?

Before you get too excited you should know that DSL is range-limited. You must be within three miles of your POP (telephone company point-of-presence) for DSL to work. MSN being involved changes nothing in that regard.

I really don't care for Cable. My friend has Roadrunner and although it's fast, when you got like the whole town on it lags tremendously. My friend that has DSL never had the problem plsu he's got the static IP (I think that's what it's called) and gets ping of like 36 when there are 20 players in a room for MOH:AA which isn't that bad compared to the 136 my other friend gets. BTW, I heard Verizon has the worst DSL service out. Is that true? Signing off...

Thread Information