Thread: Why couldnt Microsoft.......

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Why couldnt Microsoft.......

Why couldnt Microsoft make Splinter Cell an Excluisive!! If they did that the Xbox would have its very own Medal Gear Solid. But Microsoft didnt ask Ubisoft to make it an excluisive. But oh well!!

I also have a queation, is this game a time excluisive?\

Also: Will they make the graphics worse so they can run it on the PS@?
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

Because MS makes many mistakes and why couldn't they make HALO an exclusive? (Sig&avatar)

Originally posted by DanieLudacris
    Because MS makes many mistakes and why couldn't they make HALO an exclusive? (Sig&avatar)
    lol but seriously look at what I found:

Best Action Game:

Halo
    (Bungie Software for PC)
    Shown to only a select few at E3 '99, Halo has been building buzz all year long. So it was no wonder that people waited in line for up to an hour to see game designer and uber-brain Jason Jones show off the Halo engine and a movie that left every jaw in the room on the floor. Everyone with a pulse who saw Halo at E3 2000 is feverishly anticipating its release. We were no exception.
    - Aaron John Loeb
    Chairman, Game Critics Awards

Runner Up: Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Gray Matter Interactive/Activision for PC)

This was the winner for best action games in the E3 of 2000!!

http://www.e3awards.com/past.html#99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

Default Re: Why couldnt Microsoft.......

Originally posted by faceoff508
    Will they make the graphics worse so they can run it on the PS@?
    obviously! lol. they'll be soo bad, the ps2 is bad at bump mapping. and its probly bad at lighting, which is what makes the game awesome. lol. anyway, i think its an exclusive for 6 months

Well, good thing its being designed for the Xbox. Then it'll be ported to PS2 after being downgraded. Haha, I cant wait to compare them!

just compare wreckless on xbox to the port on PS2... my eyes started to bleed...

anyways... i'm not that interested about this game... i'd rather wait for MGS2: Substance.
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Originally posted by hook-worm J
    Well, good thing its being designed for the Xbox. Then it'll be ported to PS2 after being downgraded. Haha, I cant wait to compare them!
    So true. This is a great point though, why the hell isn't splinter cell an exclusive!! It looks to good for any other system!!
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

if you want a comparison check this out

Xbox Wreckless

PS2 Wreckless 1

PS2 Wreckless 2

Look at the horrible attempt to make reflections and circle wheels and the sparks how they are just yellow

man ps2 sucks
    Last edited by (¯`·._); 06-21-2002 at 10:03 PM.
    (¯`·._)These Filthy Hands(¯`·._)

Originally posted by (¯`·._)
    if you want a comparison check this out

Xbox Wreckless

PS2 Wreckless 1

PS2 Wreckless 2

Look at the horrible attempt to make reflections and circle wheels and the sparks how they are just yellow

man ps2 sucks
    hehe, those ps2 screens are bad!

hahahaha thats great the ps2 version sucks and gonna suck for splinter also
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Why couldnt Microsoft make Splinter Cell an Excluisive!! If they did that the Xbox would have its very own Medal Gear Solid. But Microsoft didnt ask Ubisoft to make it an excluisive. But oh well!!
    Because no matter how much money Bill Gates gets he will never control the industry... he cannot tell a developer what to do. I guess he could just buy Ubisoft, but I do not think that it is for sale.

PhReeK out!
    PhReeK out!

Hey as long as there built for XBOX and ported "DOWN" to PS2 i could care less, they look like crap on PS2 which after a while is going to start grating on PS2 owners nerves............TOO BAD, SO SAD, BYE BYE!!

Default Re: Re: Why couldnt Microsoft.......

Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK

I guess he could just buy Ubisoft, but I do not think that it is for sale.

PhReeK out!
    That's probably what he would have to do to get it exclusive. Think about it, in order for third-party games to be exclusive to X-box, the developing companies have to have some immediate incentive that would compensate for not gaining anything from the 30 million homebase of the PS2. It's easier to convince them for the PS2 than it would be for the X-box. The next best thing I guess is to get them to agree to a time-exclusive or get the games to be developed with the X-box capabilities more in mind than the other consoles, like with Wreckless.

It's Metal Gear Solid not Medal Gear Solid. I'm sorry but it was just bugging me that some people don't know how to spell the name of one of the best selling games in history.
    Jou mothafuka!

*walks into thread*

Graphically Splinter Cell owns Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. I haven't played Spliter Cell (obviously), so I can't compare the gameplay.

Tactical/steathy missions are the best!

*walks out of thread*
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Default Tell me about it

Originally posted by Adema

It's Metal Gear Solid not Medal Gear Solid. I'm sorry but it was just bugging me that some people don't know how to spell the name of one of the best selling games in history.
    Dude, I hear ya. People spell Morrowind wrong all the time (marrowind, morrowing, marrowing, and etc.).

People shouldn't have the right to talk about a game they can't even spell right. ***** like that flat out annoys me...
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Cuz they cant and out of all the 3 consoles,the xbox has the smallest user base.
    Make me feel it................Make me feel alive again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im like you i have no name

Splinter-cell is time exclusive,and who knows, maybe by 2003 M$ will have made an offer they can't refuse,look at munchs odd world this was to be released on the ps2 and was sonys mascot, but anyway xbox gets it four months before other consoles. Also check out the video mag {game informer}the preview on splinter-cell basically say that xbox will be the only power plant to showcase this game. I played mgs2 and from what I read about splinter-cell mgs2 will have to hand over the belt.

Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 06-22-2002 at 06:37 AM.

Het people, did you know that METAL Gear Solid is going to be on the Xbox first and then to the ps2 8 months later. HAHAHAH! Only problem is that METAL Gear Solid will have the same graphics as the PS2!!

If you read the august OXM it says that ps2 wont have bumpmaping. And if they are ps2 graphics who cares because we will have games with better graphics and better gameplay. Like brute force.

Thread Information