Poll: Should I buy it?

Thread: Should I buy Splashdown?

Question Should I buy Splashdown?

Well, I have been interested in this game since it came out for the PS2. Now, it came out on Xbox, and has been released? Has anyone played this game for Xbox or PS2, how is it? Gamespot said it is supposedly better than the PS2 version, and I have liked this game since it came out on the PS2, so what do you guys thing?

No one wants to answer, fine, I see how it is.
    Last edited by Xbox Owner; 06-27-2002 at 10:30 AM.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Rent it>>>>>>>>>>>>>.See if you like it>>>>>>buy it or ditch iy!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking Re: Should I buy Splashdown?

Originally posted by XBox Owner
    Well, I have been interested in this game since it came out for the PS2. Now, it came out on Xbox, and has been released? Has anyone played this game for Xbox or PS2, how is it? Gamespot said it is supposedly better than the PS2 version, and I have liked this game since it came out on the PS2, so what do you guys thing?
    Hey Xbox Owner I also was thinking about buying splashdown I really like the screenshots and what people are talking about it. I should rent it berfore I get it. I will check back to see what people say about this game.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Should I buy Splashdown?

Instead of making another thread, I am getting a game today but dont know what?

I already have:

Morrowind
    Hunter
    NFL Fever
    DOA3
    PGR
    Halo
    Wreckless

Which game should I buy?
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Re: Should I buy Splashdown?

Originally posted by faceoff508
    Instead of making another thread, I am getting a game today but dont know what?

I already have:

Morrowind
    Hunter
    NFL Fever
    DOA3
    PGR
    Halo
    Wreckless

Which game should I buy?

Hey faceoff508 have you every played MotoGP. I think it is a hot game me and my cousin played all yesterday very nice.
    Last edited by Nato King; 06-27-2002 at 11:40 AM.

I played gp on the oxm demo,..i think july..it's pretty awesome!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

well my friend works at infogrames...the developers of splashdown....i've heard even the ps2 version of it is better then waverunner for GC...oviously the xbox version is gonna be better then the ps2...so if that type of game is your cup of tea...i'd say go for it...i'm sho its probably the best game in that categorey to date.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    well my friend works at infogrames...the developers of splashdown....i've heard even the ps2 version of it is better then waverunner for GC...oviously the xbox version is gonna be better then the ps2...so if that type of game is your cup of tea...i'd say go for it...i'm sho its probably the best game in that categorey to date.
    I called my local gaming store, and they don't have it yet. I'm just going to buy it, because if I don't like the game, i have 10 days to give it back.

Default Duh!

I've never even heard of it
    I own Spiderman, Halo, JSRF, Project Gotham Racing, TH2X, Blood Omen2, Amped, Dark Summit, SSX Tricky, Azurik, Max Payne, Amped, Splashdown, Crazy Taxi 3, Dead to Rights, Toejam&Earl3, TH4, Myst 3, Hunter the Reckoning, Pirates, Test Drive and Morrowind on XBox.
    Systems are Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64 and GameBoy Advance Hidden Content

This game is great fun. That is, its great fun when it runs, and it isn't crashing.

So far in Career mode, if I try to change to a different racer, it crashes.

Also 12 games in when I go up against another rider in challenge mode, it crashes and I cant get any further in career mode...

I am about to throw the game out the window...

I bought an X-box for the sole purpose of not having to deal with hardware crashes, and constant patches. It looks like console game makers are now putting out buggy games to get them out the door quick too....

I rented it the other day..
    I have beat it on Easy and Medium.. and I've completed 10 races on Hard..

Only 10 more races to go and I beat the whole game...

It's pretty fun...

I say it's worth a rental..

but I personally wouldn't buy it..

It's nice that you can use your own sound tracks too

If you are not sure about buying the game I suggest renting it. I tried the game with Maddgames.com and was happy I did. Because I know I’m not wasting my money when I go buy the game.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Nobody will be able to tell you if you will like a game. You must play it for yourself and then you be the judge.

Thread Information