Thread: Ah snit, I got the black screen of death!

Default Ah snit, I got the black screen of death!

So I wuz flying high up from Knull to Gnisis to get a Televani house member to vote me as horrator and I went to go look at my map and the fuker turned black and said
    "Disk may be dirty or damaged. Press A to retry"
    So I retried and it fukin restarted ... I haven't saved in awhile either ... GRRRR there went an hour of playing time down da mufucan drain. Neone else get black screen of death?

Hidden Content border="0" alt="">

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I did...when I was trying to save. Then the game got messed up...thank God for back up saves, eh?

jshaudvitis

never had the blak screen but when i was jumpin down from the arena in vivec to the water it made a loud buzzing noise and scared the ***** out of me and froze

10k.

I save like every 15 minutes. And I also keep backups, just incase something like that happens.
    Last edited by Alien; 07-08-2002 at 12:41 PM.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I save before a journey to somewhere, when I get there, sometimes while im inside if it's safe, when I get out of the place, and after I drop all my stuff at my house. I save all the time, I hate doing things twice.

I was on the fighters guild quest to vas. When I tried saving right outside the temple thingy i got a dirty disk. But I saved before I left for Vas so no biggie right? Wrong I tried saving over my last save and ti got corrupted. Ilost 3-4 hours of play time!!!!

Sometimes I think you get into buggy areas fo the the game--like the canal level of St Olms.
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

lol. i save everytime i do something. right before i sell or buy anything or anything i always save. ive gotten so used to saving and now if it ever does do the sick thing again,i would lose like 1 minute of gameplay lol. sometimes it will save on a file called
    "restore" too.

jshaudvitis

in the tower of dawn in the treasury i stole the ebony armor and then went to kill the ordinator as he was fallin to the floor it froze TWICE and i got no messege of dirty disk it just made a loud buzzing noise

Thread Information