Thread: What is the best NFL game?

Default What is the best NFL game?

I like both realism and options. What game is the best? Which ones have a franchise mode ect? Thanks.

For realism, I would say Sega's sports! NFL 2k3 so far has the best graphics.....But for options, Microsoft's NFL Fever 2003 is better cuz it supports Xbox Live! in the future.

I just love the reflections on the helmet! "Sega NFL 2k3"

HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

fever hands down!

Well, i say that it would be extremely hard to say because their are so many great football games coming out it is hard to tell which one is the best. But if you had to give a rough estimate i would say that the best football games of all time so far is the Madden series. But I would also say that the best new up and coming football series would be NFL Fever by microsoft. That series of games looks to be very promising.
    Games I Own:
    JSRF
    Halo
    Blood Omen 2
    Morrowind
    World Series Baseball

is that a screenshot of Sega's NFL 2k3 or a screenshot of the upcoming gamecube version of Zelda???

way too cartoonish for my tastes.

madden and fever were both very close last year, in my opinion. I expect them again to both be very close, with one HUGE difference....Fever supports online play, madden does not.

So, two games, both very good, one has online p[lay, one does not....guess which one is going to get left in the dust?

madden wins.....madden WINS
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by robnyack
    is that a screenshot of Sega's NFL 2k3 or a screenshot of the upcoming gamecube version of Zelda???

way too cartoonish for my tastes.
    Obviously, you have never played any version of the NFL Sega Sports series. Their football games are godlike in every way. Madden is rehash after rehash, fever just blows and Sega Kicks a$$. Every new installment of the Sega Sports series has a significant improvement, unlike madden. I bought the first madden for the ps2. It was good. I sold my ps2 a long time ago , purchased an Xbox and bought madden 2002. It's literally the same game.

Obviously, you have never played any version of the NFL Sega Sports series.
    Actually, I had the first two versions of Sega's NFL for the dreamcast. While the games were ok, they just always seemed to be lacking in excitement. Decent games, but definately back seat to Madden.

Now, I did not play last season's version, so I do not know, but I do know, Fever 02 and Madden 02 were both VERY good football games.

you have to admit though, the screenshots (shown above) of the latest Sega version looks pretty cartoonish, no? Not my style, brudda.

the one thing Madden 02 had that the others did not have (maybe Seaga did?) was the slider controls. This was a fantastic idea and let you tweak the game till you get the type of game you like.

Originally posted by robnyack

Actually, I had the first two versions of Sega's NFL for the dreamcast. While the games were ok, they just always seemed to be lacking in excitement. Decent games, but definately back seat to Madden.

Now, I did not play last season's version, so I do not know, but I do know, Fever 02 and Madden 02 were both VERY good football games.

you have to admit though, the screenshots (shown above) of the latest Sega version looks pretty cartoonish, no? Not my style, brudda.
    Like I said before, Madden is also a fantastic football game. As a matter of fact I love Madden equally to NFL 2K2. I couldn't get into fever though. The players looked like apes, the commentary was repetative and the graphics were blurry. Madden Had that actual nfl feel, because it has real announcers, something i wish sega would put in their games. And the coaches in Madden were a plus. I'm getting Madden and NFL 2K3. I'll rent fever and see if it's worthy of purchase.

This don't look cartoonish to me.

http://www.sgn.cc/football/sega_spor...2k3/xbox/7.jpg
    Last edited by consolegamer; 07-16-2002 at 09:53 AM.

Fever looks good also this year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thread Information