Thread: Playing Burned CDs?

Alien Playing Burned CDs?

Hey I just burned a CD and I tried putting it into my XBox to get some of the songs onto the harddrive and it gave me a message saying that it wasn't a recognized CD format or something. Does anybody know how to play burned CDs on an XBOX? Is it even possible?

_-BrOwN ZaNeY-_

This was answered in a thread a while back. You need to use CD-RW's; nothing else will work.

That's the only reason I have to curse Xbox, because CD-RW's are more expensive than plain old CD-R's.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

THANK YOU!

_-BrOwN ZaNeY-_

No prob.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I'm pretty sure the ol' box can't play MP3's, which is also d@mn@b!e of Xbox because MP3's are the most popular form of downloading songs nowadays. unless you have an Xbox modchip, you're out of luck.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

Alien

Wait, what? You can't put MP3s on it even if they're on a CD?! Are you sure about that?

_-BrOwN ZaNeY-_

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

They cannot be in Mp3 format. They have to be in regular audio format like .cda.

Have a look here at a previous thread

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...threadid=17041

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Default What about .wma files

I could be completely wrong, but I was under the impression that .wma files were alright. If that is the case, there are plenty of mp3-to-wma converters out there.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

Thread Information