Thread: Xbox memory?

Default Xbox memory?

I have a question about the xbox memory. I have put over 400 hundred songs on my xbox hardrive and it still says 50 000 blocks left. I was wondering if anyone has succeded to use up atleast one block or if it is a glitch.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

ummm..your a staff member?

Skarp

I could call myself Skarp-XBA and have
    Justin "Queasy" Chandler in my sig and put that xbox picture

Then again the mods have not canceled his account so I am guessing he could be a mod.

Anyway to answer your quesion the Xbox had a huge amount of memory. Its no glitch.

Well, I'll wipe out what I wrote...this guy is a mod..lol

Adam Rivard (a.k.a. Adam-XBA)
    Role: Product Analyst | Contributing News Editor
    Eamil: adam@xboxaddict.com

Quote: "Working On It
    From the staff page...lol
    Last edited by Casper-XBA; 07-12-2002 at 11:50 AM.

Moderator = A Designated Staff Member That Controls The Forums/Chat

Staff Member = Someone With An -XBA After Their Name That Contributes To The Site (News, Reviews...)

Don't forget folks, there is a main page to this site with news!... Along with a staff page

Waffle.
    Last edited by maneatingcow; 07-12-2002 at 11:57 AM.

Originally posted by maneatingcow-XBA
    Moderator = A Designated Staff Member That Controls The Forums/Chat

Staff Member = Someone With An -XBA After Their Name That Contributes To The Site (News, Reviews...)

Don't forget folks, there is a main page to this site with news!... Along with a staff page

Waffle.
    Main page...where's there a main page? I dunno what your talkin about mec...are you sure you didn't have any special waffles today?

Monkeybone

Each HD is in 2 GB partitions. Each Partition is 50000 so even when you fill one or two you still have the other ones completely empty. I hope this answers your question.
    .:Grab a Spoon:.

Renegade of funk

According to this Official MS propanda guide that came with my Xbox entitled 70 reasons to own a Xbox, it's not a glitch. I'd like to know more, but my son accidentally threw away that little magazine with some other stuff. Anyway, I might be wrong but there was some secret to how the Xbox compresses and files memory. We all knew the HD held 7(?) gigs, but how the data is converted into memory blocks and how much room does that actually take was I think to be a secret. So they chose 50000+ blocks as a safe number to show even though that number is not the maximum amount the HD can compress and hold. I guess this is suppose to protect the method of file compression versus block assignment process.

I'm pretty sure I'm not talking out of my ass here. That was the impression that I got when I read that article.
    Any other theories would be appreciated.

MS never did officially release the number of blocks in the HD.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    ummm..your a staff member?
    Apearantly, there's an Anthony-XBA. i think that should be me, but what an imposter!

each some is compressed into .wma format. That's 1-3mb per song. It's alot of music to fill up 2 GB. Let alone the whole HD.
    .:Grab a Spoon:.

Exclamation Is storing MP3's on X Box possible?

Ok, what i want to know is if its possible to store MP3's on the hard disk of my X Box. Will the X Box recognize CD-R's or CD-RW's? Someone must know something.....
    "You couldn't fool me on the foolingest day with an electrified fooling machine."

Default Re: Is storing MP3's on X Box possible?

Originally posted by Mephisto
    Ok, what i want to know is if its possible to store MP3's on the hard disk of my X Box. Will the X Box recognize CD-R's or CD-RW's? Someone must know something.....
    No, you can't use MP3's or CDR's.

You can however use a CDRW in regular audio format. Nero will do the MP3 conversion for you on the fly.

I hate to rain on your parade guy's, but you are all way off. The HD hold's 312,500 blocks of memory. Also, that DOESN'T include the space for scratch disk function's. You'll have a tough time filling it up!!!! I believe this guy that said this, because I once had over 200,000 blocks and it still said 50,000+. I gave up on filling it, because I thought it was a glitch. But then this guy said it had 312,500, and I believe it. (makes sense..........about 4.5-5 gigs for the part you can see, divided up into little 16Kbyte blocks...then there is about 3 gigs left for the scratch disk area, about 750-1000 megs a game, divided into 3 area's. plug in the 4th game, and game 1's scratch save gets written over......you can test this out with game's like Halo, you only play 3 game's it loads fast to the level you were last on, put in the 4th game and it's the longer loading time then) Just used calculator.....4.77 gigs are used in the "50,000+" area of the HD. Probably about 2.7-3 left for the scratch disk area.

lots of blocks man.
    no worries

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

There's so much memory on the Xbox, i think it's very difficult to fill it all.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

Thread Information