Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **Official Boycoting EA Petition (Please Sign)**

Default **Official Boycoting EA Petition (Please Sign)**

Background: I have been through a lot of forums and nobody is happy with what EA is doing to the xbox versions of the games so we decided to start a petition.

The petition has been made and I invite everyone to sign who is tired of EA not including features in Xbox games. And yes I know that it probably won't make a difference, or EA doesn't care, but who knows, it could be successfull, and once EA hears about the petition they might start to realize that they cannot push us around.

Here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/BoycotEA/petition.html

This is the statement:

"We as Xbox gamers are tired of Electronic Arts (EA) Restricting the Xbox versions of Games. They are against the Xbox, and making the Xbox versions of games as good as the Gamecube and PS2 versions, therefore they are against us!

They said that they would give us Medal of Honor Allied Assault, then instead they are giving us a PS2 port of Medal of Honor Frontline. They give us Battlefield 1942, and take out the best part in the online gaming. They don't give us Tiger Woods 2002.They give us F1 2001 at the end of 2001, while in the beginning of 2002 they give PS2 and Gamecube F1 2002, and have not even announced F1 2002 for Xbox yet, so they might be taking the F1 series away from us.

And the worst thing they've done is: they are going to take the online modes out of the xbox versions of games in the future. Such as Madden 2003. And it is possible to easily make the online features available on the Xbox, but they just don't want to.

So We as Xbox gamers and those who sign this petition are boycotting Electronic Arts. Instead of buying their games we will buy games made by Microsoft and Sega Sports.

And if we are "hooked" on any particular EA game we will buy these games used, or new on websites such as Ebay, or half.com.

EA thinks that they can cut us off and restrict our options. NO!!! We are officially cutting EA off by not giving them our money, and buying used or competitors games."

Wow...

If you ain't happy, just don't buy it. Whats the point in not buying a game you really like just because you don't agree with the company's idealogy. There are reasons why EA does those things and they are certainly not "just to p1ss us off".

If they did something morally wrong then I'd understand a boycott, but these are standard business practices..
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

dude ea has been played out since the super nintendo...They are lame, and they are beginning to realize this. Fuc EA! Just don't buy there games! They make the same game year after year and add minimal upgrades! EA is weak, and who cares about madden online when we got fever2003 and nfl2k3!

I'm sorry but No, EA is publishing Buffy and I must have Buffy!!

The Frew-its of the Devil

Like everyone said, I agree... just don't buy their stuff. I'm sure the low numbers will set more of an example than your petition will. If it were up to me, EA wouldn't be churning their crap out on Xbox anyway. All their sports games are nothing more than ME TOO games anyway. Their hockey sucks especially bad. I say good riddence to bad rubish.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Battlefield and moh are the only ones I really care about. These two games look like they would be good online and I have been wanting to play a ww2 game online since ww2 came out on the comp and I couldn't play it since it is too slow. I just hope battlefield is on live because if it isn't that would just suck. But I thought ea was still going to have games for live just that they won't have sport games on live. I am probably wrong about this but I don't know.

Why don't you just stop buying the games. theres no need for a petition, they'll get the idea when nobody is buying theeir games on XBOX. I dont even see why you guys care, EA's games suck anyways.

I NEED NBA LIVE2002....ALL THE DIFFERENT SHOES
    Hidden Content

We all know that EA blows.

And like everyone said, just don't buy their games. That will do more damage than an online petition.

AND, if there happens to be an EA game that you do want, buy it used or trade for it. That way their sales numbers won't go up.

And the worst thing they've done is: they are going to take the online modes out of the xbox versions of games in the future.
    no, by far the worst thing they have done is to take away the online franchise mode from the pc version od Madden 2003. Online franchise mode was the greatest inovation to football gaming since the original Tecmo football....no exageration. Not only did they do away with it, but in doing so, they tried to minimize and marginalize Madden's most vocal and intense supporters...players of the online franchises.

If you never participated in an online franchise using madden for the pc, then you will have absolutely no idea the incredible fun and competativeness I am speaking of. No online for xbox this year?.....peanuts compared to the true injustice they have done.
    You have other football games to play online with. There are now no such thing as a online franchise mode....anywhere.

That is why I am boycotting them. No xbox online play? So what, go buy Fever or Sega....big whoop.

The Trash Man

Default Yeah...

Do you remember the Dreamcast? Well when you do stupid petitions like this you are increasing the chances of making Xbox a Dreamcast flop. The one major Developer Dreamcast was missing was Electronic Arts, and look where its at now. If EA sees sale losses in Xbox compared to the PS2 and Gamecube, they are more than likely going to stop churning out games. Then you will all be begging for them to bring their games back. I'd just reccomend being happy with what we have. Who cares if they are porting a great game? Its still fun I have nothing against it. Madden comes out in August, live in November. I won't be playing Madden come November, so that doesn't affect me. As far as playing a WW2 game online, that is one thing I never want too do. I think a serious war like WW2 should be made a single player game, for there are idiots online that would kill your own soldiers and make a mockery of what many people went through. It's not the end of the world if EA ports us games from other systems, frankly, I am quite happy with it. All their games are fun, well the Sports and War ones, not 007. Just be contempt and hold out, I am sure that soon enough we will be satisfied.
    *~The XBA Trash Man~*

**Taking The Trash Out**

Umm, who cares? Do you honestly think EA is purposely holding out features to **** off xbox owners? They are a business. They will create a product based on what the market demands. Obviously the cost of adding extra features outweighs the added revenue that said "extra features" will generate. Part of your little diatribe bashed them for games that haven't even been released yet. I guess some zit-ridden 15 yr olds know more about business then a major player like EA. Ugh

if we dont have ea..xbox sales will go down even more..cuz alot of people like it..cept me, lol

Default Re: Yeah...

Originally posted by bbchs_trash
    Do you remember the Dreamcast? Well when you do stupid petitions like this you are increasing the chances of making Xbox a Dreamcast flop. The one major Developer Dreamcast was missing was Electronic Arts, and look where its at now. If EA sees sale losses in Xbox compared to the PS2 and Gamecube, they are more than likely going to stop churning out games. Then you will all be begging for them to bring their games back. I'd just reccomend being happy with what we have. Who cares if they are porting a great game? Its still fun I have nothing against it. Madden comes out in August, live in November. I won't be playing Madden come November, so that doesn't affect me. As far as playing a WW2 game online, that is one thing I never want too do. I think a serious war like WW2 should be made a single player game, for there are idiots online that would kill your own soldiers and make a mockery of what many people went through. It's not the end of the world if EA ports us games from other systems, frankly, I am quite happy with it. All their games are fun, well the Sports and War ones, not 007. Just be contempt and hold out, I am sure that soon enough we will be satisfied.

The difference is that Sega alienated all their fans with the Saturn debacle, plus they were billions in debt, plus the Xbox already has more top notch games than the Dreamcast ever had.

Keep in mind I love both my Dreamcasts....Sega just didn't know what to do with it. Not having EA on board was just a drop in the bucket.

Skarp

EA is coming out with FIFA 2003 the same time that it will come out for PS2
    EA is coming out with Tiger Woods 2003 the same time that it will come out for PS2

NFL 2k3 will be better than Madden anyway. That series is going the wrong direction.

I've never EVER been a fan of any EA game. In fact, when I look at a game to rent/buy, if it has EA on it I immediatly put it down, unzip my pants, and pee on it. Those games are much better as urinal patties than anything else.

Skarp

Originally posted by Demon Alcohol
    when I look at a game to rent/buy, if it has EA on it I immediatly put it down, unzip my pants, and pee on it.
    Whoh, me too...

I got it. Okay here it goes... don't buy their games

am I a repeater or what?
    1 XBOX, 12 Beers, and a bag of pretzels, is this heaven or what?

You might want to add that EA is the only publisher to put out a game that doesn't even abide by the specs of the Xbox. I'm talking about Agent Under Fire and not supporting 480p during half of the game. I wouldn't play that game anyway but it just adds to the reasons why I won't play any other EA game.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Man these petitions are just plain stupid. A company does what's best for them and they don't give a rat's Arse what people think. They have bills to pay and employees to keep on.

EA is giving us xboxers a lot of games. And even if they don't upgrade the games to use the xbox's features, they are still good games. Not worse than their games on other systems. AS far as I'm concerned NHL2002 is better playing than the PS2 version.

So we are not getting online from EA. BIG DEAL! They are obviously not prepared to put their games online. They are doing it for the PS2 but their is no real infrastructure for online on the PS2. So no one will really be paying attention to how their online games play. So they aren't ready to go full tilt, which they would have to be if they went online with their games on the xbox.

I wish people would smarten up. The only thing this petition might do is push EA away from the xbox for good. And then we are all screwed!
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

Thread Information