Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POW Impressions

Default POW Impressions

I got my hands on Prisioner of War, that is going to be released soon for the xbox. So far the game is definatly unique. You get shot down out of the sky and then, the game starts you off in a prisioner camp. There are two other prisioners when you start out and while the game progresses more prisioners come. The graphics to say the least are nothing special, if not on the more crappy side. The voice acting is horrible, and the cut scenes are really cheezy! I didn't play much because tetris was calling! =) Basicly you goal is to escape, you do that buy doing favors, and finding stuff that will help you thoughout the game, and hiding them in a chest in your room...I was still getting used to the routine in order to stay alive. So far the game dosn't really keep my attention, but then again I haven't got into it yet.....I will keep you all posted as I get further!

dude, how did u get it already? is it a pirated copy? did u get it from irc or something? man, i gotta get a modchip, but im so afraid of soldering it, cause ive never done that before.

Portable Mammogramistâ„¢ DrUnKtAnK's Avatar

Thanks Shaggy, please keep up informed. POW's concept sound interesting, but I kind of worried that there is no weapons.......Who know's I wait to rent it and make a decision. Thanks man.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high">Hidden Content quality="high" pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="180" width="470">

dude every game and more is comming out on irc! It is sweeter then hell! Quake 2x just came out, Castle wolfenstien is comming out soon as well as Quake 3! GTA3 has been a big rumor....I guess a group figured how to port pc games to the xbox!

DrunkTank - you don't have weapons or anything you are confined in a camp and have to sneak around try to get into restriced areas, do some "missions" for some people and so on....I don't believe you will ever get any type of weapon, it really isn't that type of game!

Originally posted by Shaggy
    dude every game and more is comming out on irc! It is sweeter then hell! Quake 2x just came out, Castle wolfenstien is comming out soon as well as Quake 3! GTA3 has been a big rumor....I guess a group figured how to port pc games to the xbox! Hey snoop there are quite a few sites that actually will mod the xbox for you!

DrunkTank - you don't have weapons or anything you are confined in a camp and have to sneak around try to get into restriced areas, do some "missions" for some people and so on....I don't believe you will ever get any type of weapon, it really isn't that type of game! So far the game has really been "lack-luster" so I am not expecting much! Hopefully it gets better!

That website is not loading because I am at work. But what IRC server and channel do you go to.

Originally posted by Shaggy
    dude every game and more is comming out on irc! It is sweeter then hell! Quake 2x just came out, Castle wolfenstien is comming out soon as well as Quake 3! GTA3 has been a big rumor....I guess a group figured how to port pc games to the xbox!
    oh my god, are you serious? dude, im missing out on a ton of stuff. i NEED my xbox to be modded, but i dont want to cause im afraid ill mess up. did u mod your xbox? if so, was it easy? can u explain to me how? im gonna do it, i have to. lol.

POW is out in europe

....is it really thats probably the release I got....enclave just came out on irc as well.

hey snoopy once my forums come back up on the site I mod I will let you know! If you want I will help you get hooked up...k?

yea. that would be sweet. do u have a dvd burner? i was wondering, someone on irc said that they burned a game, and it was 1.3 gigs for each cd. why wouldnt they just do it on one dvd? instead of doing it on 2 dvds? that just doesnt make any sense.

so far only a handful of games have to be burnt on a dvd....the others can be burnt on cdrw's, if the game fits fully on a dvd a group will release a cd version that has the intro movie downsampled, which isn't really noticable!

Shaggy, do you think you could PM me some info also. I am very interested in doing this. I had done with my friend's dreamcast and it was very useful.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Isnt this illegal? Your cheating the company and ruining the Xboxes futre.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

all my tutorials are on the forums of the site I mod! The service provider crashed so as soon as it comes up, I will let you all know! Just in case pm to remind me!

Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
    Could someone please explain to me what modding is?
    Its something illegal that criminals do
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
    O I see..how do you do it...
    jk can it ruin your system
    I am not kidding it is illegal. You need to be trained to do it. If you do it wrong your Xbox or your console breaks.

no, u shouldnt stay away from it. all you do is you have to solder a modchip to your xbox (you could break/damage your xbox if youre not careful, or if you dont know what youre doing). but if you do that, and its fine. then its the greatest thing ever. i mean, with a modchip for the xbox, theres no limits to what you can do. people are already porting pc games over to the xbox, and u need a modchip to play them. you can get linux on the xbox. you can play emulators on the xbox. its not just for pirating games. theres a ton of awesome stuff you can do with a modchip, so thats why ill probly get one

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    no, u shouldnt stay away from it. all you do is you have to solder a modchip to your xbox (you could break/damage your xbox if youre not careful, or if you dont know what youre doing). but if you do that, and its fine. then its the greatest thing ever. i mean, with a modchip for the xbox, theres no limits to what you can do. people are already porting pc games over to the xbox, and u need a modchip to play them. you can get linux on the xbox. you can play emulators on the xbox. its not just for pirating games. theres a ton of awesome stuff you can do with a modchip, so thats why ill probly get one
    and you frogot to mention it was illegal.

im debating whether or not to get a mod chip. Not for the xbox games, but for PC games, emulators, and linux...

EDIT: how much does a modchip cost? and your site aint workin
    Last edited by Plewis; 07-23-2002 at 04:59 PM.

Originally posted by faceoff508

and you frogot to mention it was illegal.
    yea, but who cares? its not like microsoft is gonna find out. thousands of people pirated the psx and hardly anyone got caught. the only people who got caught were the ones selling the games on the black market or online. but for what the xbox can do, you should really get a modchip

Thread Information