Thread: Sega's mistake...

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Shocked Sega's mistake...

Can someone tell me why sega supports Sony when it has been beaten buy it two times. Sony"s Playstation defeated the Sega Saturn and Sony's Playstaion 2 beat up Sega Dreamcast. Yet Sega is giving the PS2 40 games. While the Gamecube 20 and xbox 14. This doesnt make sense. Can someone clear it up for me?
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

If you can't beat em, join em.

Default Re: Sega's mistake...

Originally posted by faceoff508
    Can someone clear it up for me?
    Sure....it's called M-O-N-E-Y. That's what business is all about.

thats what made me mad until i told myself that they would come around we should all just be happy that we are getting 14 games from a top notch dev/pub like sega.

Giggling @ A Hippopatamus

Originally posted by Keltiks
    If you can't beat em, join em.
    Keltiks, you said it all right there. Sega just wants in on Sony's business because they know that Sony is reliable and consistent.

Sega has very little expierence dealing with Nintendo and Microsoft, so they choose the one they know best, Sony.

Originally posted by WolverineX

Keltiks, you said it all right there. Sega just wants in on Sony's business because they know that Sony is reliable and consistent.

Sega has very little expierence dealing with Nintendo and Microsoft, so they choose the one they know best, Sony.
    The games that they made for Nintendo were best sellers. Nintendo's #1 publisher/developer is Sega. While they are 3rd publisher in Sony. And 5th with the Xbox. So there games are doing better on the Gamecube than on the Playstaion 2. Its all because Sega gives thier good developers to Gamecube and medicore developers to work on Xbox games.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

Banned

Sega are really licking sony's ass.. They need money and popularity and what better way than to promote throguh sony.

Games take along time to create. Alot of sega's games that are about to come out probably started initial production over a year ago. A year ago, no one knew exactly how well the xbox and gamecube would perform. Alot more security comes with making games for the PS2. In a year from now, if the ratio is the same, I will be suprised.

We may only be getting 14 games, but those include Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue 2, Toe Jam & Earl 3, etc... all top notch games. I have seen nothing on PS2 other then Shinobi that looks any good.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

and there probly staying with sony cause sega is so poor right now they cant even make there own system so they have to make games and sell them to get more money to make a top notch system and they probly went with ps2 cause its the best selling system out there right now
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

The underlying factor in corporations is that they will bend over backwards for any amount of money.
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

Sega supports PS2 with more games cuz....
    1) PS2 is D@mn old.....Obviously more games are on it.
    2) PS2 is getttin' weak....I mean Sony makes bad games and other developers made junky games. So Sega is the only helper.
    3) PS2 does not have many online games.....So far only ONE. FFXI. So Sega is the other and only online helper.
    HALO: FPS Evolved

Hidden Content

Games I've Owned: Halo: Combat Evolved | MotoGP: The Ultimate Racing Technology
    "Can't Wait" List: SegaGT 2002 | Halo 2 | Blinx: The Time Sweeper | Project Ego | Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Official XBA "Swear Free" person.
    Official XBA "PS2 Guys" hunter.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Originally posted by cityson
    Sega supports PS2 with more games cuz....
    1) PS2 is D@mn old.....Obviously more games are on it.
    2) PS2 is getttin' weak....I mean Sony makes bad games and other developers made junky games. So Sega is the only helper.
    3) PS2 does not have many online games.....So far only ONE. FFXI. So Sega is the other and only online helper.
    Ummmm, FFXI isn't the PS2's only online games, what about Tribes:Arrial Assault, Socom, Frequency(Yay), Madden, Twisted Metal: Black online, etc. etc.? It's easy how some people so easily forget. While the Xbox DOES have the best online plan, Sony's is still pretty good. Oh, and I would'nt call Sega in need of monet, because last year it still made over a Billion dollars, the only reason they aren't making consoles anymore is because, even though the Dc was a kick ass console, it didn't sell all that well, and Sega realized that after the Sega CD, 32X, Game gear etc., that most people had just lost faith in them.

Default Re: Sega's mistake...

Originally posted by faceoff508
    Can someone tell me why sega supports Sony when it has been beaten buy it two times. Sony"s Playstation defeated the Sega Saturn and Sony's Playstaion 2 beat up Sega Dreamcast. Yet Sega is giving the PS2 40 games. While the Gamecube 20 and xbox 14. This doesnt make sense. Can someone clear it up for me?
    yes.. if you can't beat them, join them. I would do that also if I got screwed over. They are obivously looking for the biggest and best market to make games for. it's a financial decision...

i think about money, sony has the most consoles out there. the playstation 2 may be showing it's age..but the old girl can still put out some great games. a lot of people are still on the fence about the xbox...i think you have to go where the sales are...
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

So every comapny wants money? I see.

Thread Information