Thread: For those of you who love numbers...

Default For those of you who love numbers...

I did this last month and you guys seemed to enjoy it, so heres this months figures (Source: August GI) Make what you will of the numbers, and realize this is from the August issue so some newer releases have not been included for either system.

PLAYSTAION 2

GAMES:143
    GAMES RATED 8-8.75: 30 (21% of Library)
    GAMES RATED 9-9.75: 22 (15 % of Library)
    OVERALL GAMES RATED 8 OR BETTER: 52 (36% of Library)

XBOX

GAMES:76
    GAMES RATED 8-8.75: 20 (26% of Library)
    GAMES RATED 9-9.75: 13 (17% of Library)
    OVERALL GAMES RATED 8 OR BETTER: 33 (43% of Library)

What i get from this...Quality over quantaty & close to half of the XBOX games are above average. Looks good to me.

It would also be interesting to see how the numbers fall from a different source, so if anyone has access to another gaming magazine that lists this info, use the same criteria and post it. Should be interesting.

wow.....only 143 games for ps2? Is that right? The way the "number of games" topic is always thrown around by ps2 fanboys, you would think that would be a far greater number.

Hell, by the end of the year, the ps2 fanboy arguement of "we have more games" will be null and void.

and I think we see about the qualitiy of the games from this thread. nice job.

yeah the ps2 fanboys do throw the more game thing around but that because of the backward compatiability which adds a load of games even though their not really ps2 games
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Thread Information