Thread: Squaresoft Working On A game for XBOX

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Shocked Squaresoft Working On A game for XBOX

RPG fans have been salivating at the though of what else they might bring to the table. Well, if my source is correct, we MAY have an answer:

Chrono Break.

...The third in the 'Chrono' series of time-travelling RPGs (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross), few solid details exist as yet. However, apparently Square are interested in utilizing the Xbox's built-in Hard-drive. This rumour fits, as SEGA's 'Blinx', a time-bending platformer, is also being developed to make full use of the Hard-drive. See a common theme between these two games?

Time-travel.

Imagine an RPG where multiple worlds can exist independant from each other, and a gaming environment where you could jump between them... A memory-intensive task that only a hard-drive (or massive memory card) would be capable of dealing with.

...All of this is interesting in light of Final Fantasy XI's slow sales performance in Japan due to PS2 Hard-drive shortages and disc compatability problems. Clearly having a built-in drive saves potential buyers from forking out money for a game AND a hard-drive, too.

http://www.xboxau.com/news.php?id=ne...?id=1406072079

This might only be a rumor but Final Fantsy for the GC was a rumor. and now it became true...
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

The difference was that the final fantasy rumor started when Nintendo gave square a bunch of money to fund a joint GC/GBA project. There is no evidence like that pointing to an xbox game.

It would be cool, but I really doubt it.
    "Have you ever played Zelda, and you're like, 'Man, that game would be cool if the guy I just talked to hadn't said all that crap about fairies and light?' What if they said something that was good? I mean, it's not like a whole new genre to make games that have depth and a story."

-- Tim Schafer --
    Hidden Content

xbAWOL

blinx is made u dont lover him, blinx is a game being devloped by artoon and published by m$, not sega, even though both r good, u hurt blinx's feelings

whoever makes what, these sound VERY good

I used to post here a lot.

whoever makes what, these sound VERY good

Originally posted by Caliadar
    The difference was that the final fantasy rumor started when Nintendo gave square a bunch of money to fund a joint GC/GBA project. There is no evidence like that pointing to an xbox game.

It would be cool, but I really doubt it.
    ?? MS has come through on alot of things we've expected and I don't think this is too far outta reach... MS has been making tons of very lucrative deals with Japanese firms.

i hope a chrono game comes to the box
    Hidden Content

Props to lllSmokelll for the sweet sig

Originally posted by MixMasta
    blinx is a game being devloped by artoon and published by m$, not sega, even though both r good, u hurt blinx's feelings
    Yes and No, the music and Sounds are being made by Sega's Wave Master(they do the music & sounds for all sega games) and have only made one game(Roommania #203) Plus artoon is made up of Ex-Sonic Team members!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

sega has alright sound... but sony for sure owns that department

Chrono Break. Awesome. I need it.
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

This is music to my ears!! Thanks for the info faceoff!!

Man, a chrono game on xbox would be so sweet!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Dont get excited its only a rumor.... but rumors do come true. Just pray.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

cool a crono game. tnx for th info. but im not to excited. i can live without the game if it is a rumor. too bad i never finished the first one and i never played the second.

Originally posted by MixMasta
    blinx is made u dont lover him, blinx is a game being devloped by artoon and published by m$, not sega, even though both r good, u hurt blinx's feelings
    Er...yeah, right. I have no idea what thoughts you were trying to express but I'm sure they were brilliant.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of SquareSoft, but getting them to work on XBOX would be a major coup for Microsoft.

When did squaresoft announce FF11 was coming to Xbox?

Originally posted by dave_m123
    When did squaresoft announce FF11 was coming to Xbox?
    who said that?

This was from the link

"Since Xbox America announced Squaresoft's Final Fantasy XI would be coming to our system of choice, RPG fans have been salivating at the though of what else they might bring to the table."

Originally posted by dave_m123
    This was from the link

"Since Xbox America announced Squaresoft's Final Fantasy XI would be coming to our system of choice, RPG fans have been salivating at the though of what else they might bring to the table."
    I geuss its another rumor!!

Thread Information