Thread: Steel Battalion - 250?!? What the...

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Default Steel Battalion - 250?!? What the...

Not worth it. Not by a longshot. I'd love to play it at least once, but its not worth that much cash...no way.

There was another thread about this topic, but its true I will never pay for a game that cost more than the system.

There was another thread like it already? Humm, well, if I dont see it on the first page, im not wasting time searching...so oh well.

WHAAAAAT

WHAT THE HELL MAKES IT SO SPECIAL?

I used to post here a lot.

Registered User johnny ownZ joo's Avatar

$250 for no game is worth it...but imagine how much it will be on ebay when they dont sell it no more

thats just a rumor. the real price isnt said yet. but most likely it will be 150. if capcom says 250 the will probly go poor cuz all the money they put into making it and all the controllers and games and no one buys them.

it won't be 250.00 it will be 150.00 why would they offer it in Japan for 140.00 (dollars not Yen for the uneducated Yen is what the japanese call thier money) and besides if they do try 250.00 and when no one is buying it Capcom will drop the price so don't worry, kinda pointless thread the first time even lamer the second or is this the third ,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Frostberg

I dunno, on the microsoft game page they already have a retail price set, and it is the same at ebgames.com and gamestop.com so they didnt pull the number out of the air...it had to come from a reliable source if even MS put it there.

frostberg ur new sig is awesome! and now even xboxaddict has it posted. capcom is stoopid if they sell it for 250. i could get 5 new games for that.

Originally posted by Tkf5000
    thats just a rumor. the real price isnt said yet. but most likely it will be 150. if capcom says 250 the will probly go poor cuz all the money they put into making it and all the controllers and games and no one buys them.

Sorry gang, it's no rumor.

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?s...lion:confused:

Frostberg

Originally posted by Tkf5000
    frostberg ur new sig is awesome! and now even xboxaddict has it posted. capcom is stoopid if they sell it for 250. i could get 5 new games for that.
    Thanks!

yep, I posted it at 6:29...I dont see how anyone would buy it...even if I did have $250 to blow I would never blow it on one game...especially because it's not like there is not a large selection of games...There are tons of new games coming out, and XBL will revolutionize everything! Steel Ripoff is just too much of an investment for the average videogamer, and probably most hardcore gamers. I'd rather play MechWarrior for the price. The controller is a breakthrough, but not worth the cost. I'd rather use a $20 computer keyboard...its just that for one game you do get ripped off. The controller is useless for anything else. To be honest, it doesn't look that good anyway...like 4/5ths of the screen is just numbers and levers anyway...XBL here I come!

Let's try that link one more time...

Steel Battalion $249.99

I called it back in February:

Oh, I think you can plan on spending $200+ for that controller. It looks like quality gear.
    $200 + $50 for the game = $250

In this case I hate to be correct. I'd love to see the price drop to $150 so more people could enjoy this game. Oh well. Next year it will be compatible with XBOX Live. Maybe the price will drop by then.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...ighlight=tekki

i looked at the screens... looks too "busy"

I used to post here a lot.

looks like huge ass was right...

Thumbs down

xbox.com says that this game can have up to 4 players. Do we need 4 of this controllers? Raise your hand if you're prepared to drop $1000 on xbox controllers?

Bill Gates (Raising Hand):
    bwn82k (Brian)
    Hidden Content

Chill, guys.......as the release date get closer..we should have a firm price. I can only go as high as $150....i have been waiting for this game for a while...the movies of the game in action look so cool.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Thread Information