Thread: Don't be too careful with your controllers!!!

Default Don't be too careful with your controllers!!!

I wiped off my controllers with glass plus wipes after every long session of play. I noticed a chalky substance on my controllers after awhile(the 2nd controller was hardly used at all). My A button was very unresponsive. i had to really push it down hard to get any response to it, so I took it apart to see if the chalky substance was coming from inside the controllers. It was very clean inside. I then realized I had broken my controllers by being too careful with my Xbox and acessories. I went out and bought some s-controllers that I absolutely love. I could have done the Wal-mart swap trick, but I wanted to try the s-controllers. What a difference. They totally kick ass!!! I won't be wiping off my controllers with glass plus wipes or any other solvents anymore. It never harmed my Dreamcast controllers or ps2 controllers so, I figured the Xbox controllers would be ok as well. Just a heads up to everybody, because my paranoia cost me $60.00

At least I have s-controllers now and what a difference it is!!!

the Chalky Substance is your Dead Skin , I have it too so do alot of people , My A button only sticks on certain games , but the S controllers rulle , I still love the original but Im a Big guy with big hands ,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

my B button sticks quite alot... and Im playing spiderman lately.. which sucks cause thats kick

I used to post here a lot.

RadRider

Just for the record, I've used the Controller S at a Microsoft Demo, and I think it's the most terrible controller since the Dreamcast's.

So far I've only had minor problems with my controller. The 'A' Button seems to stick - I have to press it fairly hard to get a response while in menus in certain games, but I haven't noticed it during gameplay, and none of my brothers have noticed it. And from what I can tell, it's only happened to the first-player controller.

HMMM i havn't had ANY problems YET. Oh and for the record, i LOVE the S. I think its the best controller, well, ever.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

That third party controller, the big ass one made by Imagine or soemthing, that is terrible.

I dont have any problems with my first party controllers because I use my shirt to wipe them down.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Default left stick

the left stick on one of my controllers is broken... during use it will always push to the right(even if pointed to the left) quite and annoying problem...

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Sleeping

not a problem here although sometimes it asks you to reconnect the controller sometimes even when it is plugged in, but it only does that for halo
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

not a problem with my controllers.

The S is the best controller ever invented IMO.

I usually player single player unless I have people over...... So my other two original "larger" xbox controllers are like new.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

i am extremely careful with my xbox and accessories (expect for the 2 times i threw the controller on the floor). i have that "chalky" stuff in the crack on my controller a lot. (you should see the kiosks... NASTY!) i have never used the controller S.. haven't seen the need to becuase my controllers are just fine. no buttons stick or anything.
    ha..

Originally posted by NomadLLama
    i am extremely careful with my xbox and accessories (expect for the 2 times i threw the controller on the floor). i have that "chalky" stuff in the crack on my controller a lot. (you should see the kiosks... NASTY!) i have never used the controller S.. haven't seen the need to becuase my controllers are just fine. no buttons stick or anything.
    I'm kinda glad my controllers broke, because I got the s-controllers and they kick serious ass!!!

Thread Information