Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dolby digital monster help

Originally posted by Toder
    Actually my Dolby Digital works just fine. The problem is that it doesn't work when i play games. Noone here, 18004MYXBOX, or monster know what is wrong. So as i said earlier i'm going to try a different xbox and if that doesn't work I will try different cables.

Ohh and I know i don't know everything and from what i've seen it seems that you are the one who has know-it-all complex.
    Go buy a Microsoft advanced A/V pack. Try it. Keep us posted.

Hell no!
    Get a Madcatz Ultra AV Kit and save 10$

Originally posted by Fred Gasman
    Hell no!
    Get a Madcatz Ultra AV Kit and save 10$
    Yes, get the ONE thing that we ALL know WILL NOT work!

Here is the reply i got from Monster.

Hi Tod,

I have a sneaking suspicion that if you were to try the Microsoft cable it would do the same thing. I took an optical cable home and tried it with mybrother's Xbox and my Sony receiver. There were no problems. It worked great!

Basically the fiber optic audio line acts as a pipeline, it doesn't regulate what comes in and out of it. The fact that you are getting audio from one and not the other, makes me think it is not the Monster Cable. To be safe you can, if possible, take the cable back to the retailer and see if they can exchange it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Monstrously,

Steve Hamilton
    Warranty Administrator
    Monster Cable
    455 Valley Drive
    Brisbane, CA 94005
    877-800-8989
    www.monstercable.com

All I can say is wow. This guy took his work home with him just to help me. Now what better support could you ask for.
    Last edited by Toder; 08-27-2002 at 02:42 PM.

I got the Madcatz av kit when the xbox launched. I could not get 5.1 on my sound system, so I called Madcatz.
    They said the first batch of av kits shiped, were defective. They sent me a new one (free of charge) and it works great. That was the first month of xbox, so I think they would have that problem worked out by now.
    Don't be such an ignorant turd smelling fool.

If you have an s-video input on the back of your tv, the Madcatz Ultra Av Kit is the one to get!

Originally posted by Toder
    Here is the reply i got from Monster.

All I can say is wow. This guy took his work home with him just to help me. Now what better support could you ask for.

Wow....and you actually believe him, too!

What did you expect from someone WHO WORKS AT MONSTER?

"Yes sir, our products are crappy and nobody should buy them. Of course it won't work."

Of course he's going to tell you the Monster is the best thing out there..he works there.

Have you tried the Microsoft Advanced A/V kit yet?

Originally posted by Fred Gasman
    I got the Madcatz av kit when the xbox launched. I could not get 5.1 on my sound system, so I called Madcatz.
    They said the first batch of av kits shiped, were defective. They sent me a new one (free of charge) and it works great. That was the first month of xbox, so I think they would have that problem worked out by now.
    Don't be such an ignorant turd smelling fool.

If you have an s-video input on the back of your tv, the Madcatz Ultra Av Kit is the one to get!

Uh huh. Yeah. Whatever

Nevermind the widespread reports on how crappy the Mad Catz AV kit is. Those thousands of Xbox owners must be stupid.

You just quoted my explanation of why those people (including me) complained about the defective product. Wake up, and get your head out of your a s s. If your going to quote me, at least read what your quoting.

Well guys i finally know what is wrong with my dolby digital. It wasn't my MONSTER cables as some of you were suggesting, but it was in fact my xbox. Today I went and borrowed my cousin's xbox and the dolby works fine with every thing else that i got.

Originally posted by Zion

Wow....and you actually believe him, too!

What did you expect from someone WHO WORKS AT MONSTER?

"Yes sir, our products are crappy and nobody should buy them. Of course it won't work."

Of course he's going to tell you the Monster is the best thing out there..he works there.

Have you tried the Microsoft Advanced A/V kit yet?
    I would think that if you have 15 years of experience in audio equipment you would realize that what the monster guy said was 100% correct. If the light is going through the cable on one type of output (ie DVDs) and it isn't working on another then it isn't a cable issue.
    Also, there is no reason to believe that this guy is lying about taking things home to work on them. I work for a company that the design engineers regularly go the extra mile to help our customers out with problems.

Toder, I am glad to hear that you know what your problem is, but sorry to hear that it is your XBox. Good luck on getting it fixed because Halo and Morrowind in Dolby Digital are AMAZING.
    Here's how bad I suck

Don't get a free IPOD - Hidden Content

old sig Made by professor_frink he is the sig man!
    http://hosting.reversedreality.com/user_images/jschelm/sig.jpg

Thread Information