Thread: gamespot!! now that not fair!

Default gamespot!! now that not fair!

wTF!! how can that be the saem game got a better result for the ps two !

I am talking abou t nfl for the box, they said that it's a really good game and all but when u check the ps two version they liked it even more, now how the ... this can be?!

Default Re: gamespot!! now that not fair!

Originally posted by odpr
    wTF!! how can that be the saem game got a better result for the ps two !

I am talking abou t nfl for the box, they said that it's a really good game and all but when u check the ps two version they liked it even more, now how the ... this can be?!
    That's understood and expected...
    They review games based on how much this certain game pushes system's capabilities...
    Meaning that this game was about everything that could be done on PS2, where Xbox version could've been enchanced more...

Default Re: Re: gamespot!! now that not fair!

Originally posted by AcidJazz

That's understood and expected...
    They review games based on how much this certain game pushes system's capabilities...
    Meaning that this game was about everything that could be done on PS2, where Xbox version could've been enchanced more...

Ummm, excuse me. That is just nonsense. A game should be reviewed by how much fun it is, not how well it pushes the capabilities of a console. A movie gets reviewed on the story and entertainment value, not how well it plays in a certain theatre using a certain projector.

That argument about why PS2 games rate higher has been made up by PS2 fanboys and it, and gamespot, should smarten up and stop it immediately!!!!!
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

Default Re: Re: Re: gamespot!! now that not fair!

Originally posted by Mercury

Ummm, excuse me. That is just nonsense. A game should be reviewed by how much fun it is, not how well it pushes the capabilities of a console. A movie gets reviewed on the story and entertainment value, not how well it plays in a certain theatre using a certain projector.

That argument about why PS2 games rate higher has been made up by PS2 fanboys and it, and gamespot, should smarten up and stop it immediately!!!!!
    I'm not sure who is being a fanboy here...Every game has to be reviewed based on system's capabilities...You're saying that GBC games or games for NES would get 0.1 these days..? Why, they used to be fun and some people(including myself) are still playing their NES games...

This "I'm-Anti-Gamespot-because-they're-PS2-fanboys" movement was something made up by Xbox fans...

ACIDJAZZ is right on.

Unless I am blind, NFL2K3 is probably the most dated football game out. It also does nothing to push the xbox power. Their are no load times, and for a football game, that tells you something.

In the end, 2K3 is still the most realistic feeling and playing football game out.

I love it.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Actually, Gamespot has a 20 minute video on gamespot live which explains the difference....

Online Play! which they were able to try on PS2 but not on the Xbox. They actually say that if xbox live was working now, they would definitely recommend nfl2k3 for the xbox as the football game of the year.

The video is really good and you should all watch it if you are upset with their football reviews.

Originally posted by noodles
    Actually, Gamespot has a 20 minute video on gamespot live which explains the difference....

Online Play! which they were able to try on PS2 but not on the Xbox. They actually say that if xbox live was working now, they would definitely recommend nfl2k3 for the xbox as the football game of the year.

The video is really good and you should all watch it if you are upset with their football reviews.
    You'd think a huge site like Gamespot would already have access to Live, but I guess not. They must have to wait like everyone else.

AcidJazz kicked all ur asses
    TXB Member
    Hidden Content

Why yes he did.
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Thread Information