Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If U Got A Email On The 21'st About.....

Default If U Got A Email On The 21'st About.....

if u got a email saying u will receive a link to the website to buy ur kit. ****IS FAKEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!1111 I TALKED To a representitive and they told me there is a 50/50 chance that the email is fake. so i got my hopes down about beign in the beta. but i got a email today that is an update about it. im happy for u guy that got the email. not the fake one.

The Frew-its of the Devil

I got a mail today telling me that I won't be in the beta test... (
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

ye sorry man. i got the update one too.

Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
    I got a mail today telling me that I won't be in the beta test... (
    did it actually say that ur not gonna test? i got one that said: Thanks for wanting to participate in the Xbox™ Live beta. Here's a quick update on our progress...

We selected our initial beta testers this week and will be adding many more over the weeks to come. If you have not yet been contacted, we will be contacting you on or before September 20th regarding your status to potentially be included in our beta test program.

We want to thank you for your willingness to participate in the program, but want to let you know that we have many more applicants than we have openings. However, remember that this is just the beta, and we're working feverishly to bring to you the actual Live service on November 15th, 2002. This is when we will have made the necessary tweaks to create the ultimate online gaming arena for you and your friends.

In the meantime, check out http://www.xbox.com/live/ for the latest news and updates.

Thanks again for your desire to participate in the Xbox Live beta.

-Xbox Live Beta Team

i got that one. its basically saying that you didnt get picked.

kind off. but its fake

The Frew-its of the Devil

I agree with Snoopy!
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

its fake my e-mail came from Xbox.com [XBOX@csmtp.net] lol
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

hmmmm I got the same email from Xbox.com[XBOX@csmtp.net]

So.. Is it real or fake... Could someone who got a legit email from m$ please look at there header and see if it says Xbox.com[XBOX@csmtp.net].. Report back please..

I got that email too. its wierd that it doesnt have a xbox.com ending to it but i still have my survey one and it has the same email address. So its not a fake. sorry dudes.

Default XBOX Live

so i got this... is this a fake? ... i was kinda wondering cause when i go to the place to register, the site looks different. The XBOX sign seems squished. And it lacks the links around the xbox sign a t the top of the screen... here is the email i got :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been chosen
    to play among the few. The connected. The Beta Testers. Now all you've gotta do is sign up and subscribe. Click on the link below to get started.

So what's included in your Beta Starter Pack?
    12 months of high-speed gaming starting at the end of the Beta, plus free play during the Beta.
    Be one of the first to create a Gamertag and start building a rep.
    Limited Edition Xbox™ Live Beta Starter Pack containing:
    Xbox Communicator headset and module
    Setup DVD
    Handy reference guide
    Games, including the prerelease, online-only version of NFL™ Fever 2003 - exclusively for Beta Testers.
    Bragging rights - we told you from the very beginning that you'd get them. Well, here they are. So not only will you be able to boast about actually playing Live, you'll be able to brag about actually helping build it.

All of this for only $49.95! That's about what you'd pay for just one game.

-Xbox Live Beta Selection Team

To say thanks for playing and participating in the Beta, we're throwing in some additional high-speed game play, on us. So you'll play for nothing until the scheduled official launch in November 2002. Hurry, this offer expires September 9th, 2002!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We respect your right to privacy. You may remove yourself from our mailing list at any time by clicking http://www.xbox.com/myxbox/unsubscribe.asp.

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | ©2002 Microsoft Corporation.

OK here is the pic of the site that has the registration... it looks phonny to me...gimme yer opinions... i was so close to filling in the form for my credit card... glad i looked at the forum!

YES THATS IT. BUT IF U KNOW THE SITE IT DONT MATTER. they will only allow u to buy the kit if u where picked. ms allows u to register as soon as they send u the email saying ur picked.

so wait.... that is the fake or isn't?? thats the one my friend got... he don't have an xbox so he forwarded it to me... i got the update one!

Originally posted by Johny.
    so wait.... that is the fake or isn't?? thats the one my friend got... he don't have an xbox so he forwarded it to me... i got the update one!
    That COULD be the proper site... but just to be sure, you can feel free to e-mail me the link to the site that you have. I can easily verify it for you. If you do not have the $61 to pay for the kit... please pass along your friends info to someone nice.... and helpful... and with an odd username... like me Otherwise I will have to try my chances with the selection on Sept 20th

Waffle.

<i>Edit: My e-mail address is: dustin@xboxaddict.com</i>
    Last edited by maneatingcow; 08-24-2002 at 01:28 AM.

MEC love the sig!
    Chicken!!!!Ehehehee! I'm gonna eat YOU!
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    MEC love the sig!
    Chicken!!!!Ehehehee! I'm gonna eat YOU!
    talk about freeposting

ok here is the actually pic i got when i opened the link... the register form... is this a fake? nm file too big... but i open email and i get the u made it ... blah balh... pay 49.95 and get madden etc.... blah blah... click here to register... then i get the form... fake or not?

Originally posted by Johny.
    ok here is the actually pic i got when i opened the link... the register form... is this a fake? nm file too big... but i open email and i get the u made it ... blah balh... pay 49.95 and get madden etc.... blah blah... click here to register... then i get the form... fake or not?
    Forward it to dustin@xboxaddict.com

Don't have to give me the personal info, just the mail. I can then tell you if it's real.

Originally posted by CyberBOMB
    I got that email too. its wierd that it doesnt have a xbox.com ending to it but i still have my survey one and it has the same email address. So its not a fake. sorry dudes.
    Thanks bro!

Thread Information