Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me with Dead to Rights

Default Help me with Dead to Rights

I need help.

I've been playing 'Escape the Prison' on DTR and I've been stuck at one part for a good 2 hours. In the Escape the Prison, there is a part where Jack Slate is underground beneath the prison. He gets to a place where he can no longer follow the dotted lines; there is a gap. So you go around, and it says that he has to get across using the ledge.

Please tell me how to get across this particular gap using the extremely slim ledge to the left. I tried leaping onto it, but it seems impossible to do so and get across; i've died already 50 times trying. I really hope there is an easier way.

Talking

Oh Man !!! You don´t have played the first "Tutorial" Level ???
    Go on the Wall with the red Button and then go on the other side ! It´s so easy ! I can´t believe you ask for that !

Man, lay off the guy.....so what it was something that took me a little bit to figure out. Boards are for help and not insults.....but than again that just shows what kind of lives we have.
    To be the man you first have to Beat him.

god man your the one that needs help. He is not talking about the tutorial level he is talking about the prison level.

That's about the third or fourth chapter.

-Borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Default thanks bayguy76

Yeah, it's a lot easier once you figure it out. Just to let you know, I figured it out before i read your reply. It's just that I crossed the first ledge (with the armor on the other side) several times using the leap, so I just assumed that you needed to use the leap.

I feel really stupid now that I look back on how suited the wall walk was for crossing the ledge. Its just there are so many different moves in DTR (like leaping, crouching, disarming, using shields or shadow) that i simply forgot about the wall walk.

Anyways thanks for the tip. The game gets ridiculously hard. I should have saved a question for a harder spot. Oh, HOW MANY CHAPTERS ARE IN DTR? I'm on 12.

15 chapters. Whoa you are far. I am about to start chapter 4.

This game gets better and better.

-Borka105

Originally posted by borka105

This game gets better and better.

-Borka105
    I'm glad to hear it, so far I've been kind of disappointed, but I've only just started playing.
    "There is no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.
    By the way is there anyone on board that knows how to fly a plane?"

where are you? You're still probably rusty with all the new moves. The more you play the more fluid you'll be.

In the beginning their are some tough parts, it might take you 5-10 tries to beat some parts, but in each try you get better and better.

good luck
    -Borka105

I agree with Borka, you'll get more fluid as you go. In the begining your just gonna get your ass kicked, but have patience and it will be alot of fun.

Don't feel bad people, in chapter 3 the prison level, i could not for the life of me pass the weight lifting mini-game, it was driving me crazy. I put it away for the night came back to it the next day and got it on the second try.

By the way, Chapter 4 is awsome, how much more gunplay could you ask for.

where are you? You're still probably rusty with all the new moves. The more you play the more fluid you'll be.

In the beginning their are some tough parts, it might take you 5-10 tries to beat some parts, but in each try you get better and better.

good luck
    -Borka105
    I just walked out of the club where you control the stripper and now I'm at the part where you're walking down the street for a bit. I'm sure I'll get better, I'm just not used to NOT AIMING!
    "There is no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.

dude, that part took me forever. I had a friend over and we were on that part for 1 hour.

bUT THE funny thing is that the more we replayed that part the more we were liking the game.

Remember, strategy is important. After playing through several times, you will figure out what to do to beat that part.

The game only gets better.

Also you are no where close to opening up the story. I think you should save your impressions after you get to atleast chapter 3. YOUR IN FOR A BIG SHOCKER AFTER YOU BEAT THE PART THAT YOU'RE ON.

-Borka105

Highlite, I loved the speed bag mini game. That was so fun.

Right now I am the part where-

SPOILER:

Jack just escaped execution.

dude, that part took me forever. I had a friend over and we were on that part for 1 hour.

bUT THE funny thing is that the more we replayed that part the more we were liking the game.

Remember, strategy is important. After playing through several times, you will figure out what to do to beat that part.

The game only gets better.

Also you are no where close to opening up the story. I think you should save your impressions after you get to atleast chapter 3. YOUR IN FOR A BIG SHOCKER AFTER YOU BEAT THE PART THAT YOU'RE ON.

-Borka105
    I can't not have an impression, but I am reserving judgement until I get further. As I said, it just feels weird playing a shooter like this without aiming.

u'll realize y it's like that later. u're still in the tutorial level.

-Borka105

Borka, your in for a big surprise now that your in chapter 4...all i can say is, TAKE A DEEP BREATH & REMEMBER YOUR STRATIGY COMMENT.

Let me know what you think of chasing Chow Fat to the club. ( I think thats his name) INTENSE SECTION!!

Oh, Good Luck.

Hey,
    Yeah i'm at the end of the 7th chapter right now and so far my impressions are that this game totally rocks. I had 4 of my friends that are ps2 fanboys over today to show them the game
    i showed them chapter 6 ***************SPOILER*****************

where you have control of the helicoptor and they were hooked and were so jealous, usually theyd find ways to make fun of an xbox game but not this one, they all are gonna buy it when it comes on ps2.
    so for allof you that are far in the game, what do yu think was the hardest part/chapter???
    mine is the middle of the grave level i think chap 5 or sumthing, i was stuck on this one part w/ low health at the start and it took me 2 friggen hours to get past the all the clowns around me while my health was so low......

Internet ehhhh?

I'm in love with my sadness
    (not really)

Anyone passed the part where the GAC agent is going crazy screaming 'What's the damn frequency?'

I have to return the game to Blockbuster; does the end, chapters 12-15, justify renting it one more time. I would love to buy it, but Xbox is just coming with too many potentially great games this fall.

Maybe I should trade my Xbox for a PS2. With only a couple of good games by Christmas for PS2, I'd save tons of money and be able to buy DTR for PS2.

The only thing I haven't like about the controls so far is the bullet-time diving move.

Seems like I just have to push too many buttons to take out more than 1 or 2 people. Probably get better as I get used to it, but for now I find it's easier to just not use it.
    RIP Dave

Default TOTALLY

yeah the whole diving/bullet time divingmode is weird. SOmetimes I am diving but not even facing or aiming at the enemies. But the game is pretty tight.

Im on escape from prison right now and im underground. I keep falling in the phucking gaps. ARG. It is an addictive game and im loving the disarms. I did this new one i think called around the block or something and u sit on the guy and shoot em. AWESOME

Thread Information