Thread: Will Halo ever be de-throned??

Question Will Halo ever be de-throned??

I realize most of us really love Halo, let's face it, it was OUR baby. First title on OUR system. Plus a kick-ass game.

And i do realize with 300+ reviews it's not gonna be easy,(Of course there weren't too many games at the time either) but is there gonna be a title that bumps our Launch bad boy??

I find it humorouse though, that when a new contender flirts with taking over, we get a rash of short, mindless, "This game sucks" reviews. Somtimes they go as far as saying it isn't better than Halo in the review, which has got to raise some eyebrows as to the intent of the review. Was the review written to inform or just to make sure it doesn't tople Master Chief.

Is the loyalty to this game that strong?? Or is there really nothing better, yet.

Nothing will ever take away the greatness of this game, but why do i feel like there is this little underground movement to keep it on top.

Share your opinions with the inmates.

I beleive UC is going to knock halo flat off the mountain and become the new king.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Once again, opinions mix with facts and everyone jumps on the stereotype bandwagon...

Halo is NOT the best game. There is no BEST GAME...thats up to each person's individual opinion...Morrowind is the best game as far as im concerned...

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    Once again, opinions mix with facts and everyone jumps on the stereotype bandwagon...

Halo is NOT the best game. There is no BEST GAME...thats up to each person's individual opinion...Morrowind is the best game as far as im concerned...
    i agree with that but if we narrow it down to genres, I still stand by my first post.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

Dude, take a pill. I was talking about the Top 75 game list. And i hate all wagons, with or without stereos.

But you are correct, it's all opinion.

I have this game for nearly five months now. It was the first game I bought for my X-Box and I still play it and enjoy it immensely. No game I have played can achieve what Halo does. GTA3? Pah! MoH:AA? You kiddin'? Moto GP? Whatever.

Current fave games:

5. Jedi Knight 2 or Warcraft 3
    4. GTA3
    3. Moto GP (Joint with a few RTSs - Civ III, SC)
    2. MoH:AA (Joint with a few other FPSs)
    1. Halo

Sorry but I didn't think any game can topple my previous top 5 list so easily, but Halo proved me wrong. I love my FPSs (AvP,System Shock, MoH:AA*, Ghost Recon, Deux Ex, SoF, Half-Life etc) But Halo just beats the crap out of them. I expect that list to change by the end of this year though... probably with Halo still on top. Will Halo be toppled? Damn hell yes - but not in the very near future.

* Use to be my favourite FPS but then was toppled by Halo.

Does it have a irrational fan base? Some sort of hardcore fans keeping it alive? Well personally I really don't care. This game is great IMO and deserves totally to be the GOTY. Plus if you think about Mario, Sonic and Final Fantasy and their fan bases... Halos' is small.
    Proud owner of Halo: Combat Evolved

Originally posted by highlite23

And i hate all wagons, with or without stereos.

Do you also hate all types of bands???

Seriously tho, I think its going to take a lot of mass appeal to dethrone Halo. Another FPS might be able to do it or possibly and Action title. However, most of the other genres don't have the appeal to bring over fringe players. A game like Project Ego may be able to do it, but we will have to see. Maybe it will be dethroned by Halo2.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Originally posted by SkoalMint

Do you also hate all types of bands???

Seriously tho, I think its going to take a lot of mass appeal to dethrone Halo. Another FPS might be able to do it or possibly and Action title. However, most of the other genres don't have the appeal to bring over fringe players. A game like Project Ego may be able to do it, but we will have to see. Maybe it will be dethroned by Halo2.
    Yes SkoalMint, i also hate all bands, except for the greatest band of all time...................................THE CARPENTERS

"..............I'm on top of the world, lookin' down on..........."

Everybody........................

LOL

IMHO one major appeal of Halo is the same as Goldeneye. You can play online and have people over playing too. Drinkin some beers getting your ass handed to you with 3 buds in Halo is way better than being alone in a dark room playing quake.
    Neo... Follow the white chicken....knock knock

Hidden Content

Default Re: Will Halo ever be de-throned??

Originally posted by highlite23
    I realize most of us really love Halo, let's face it, it was OUR baby. First title on OUR system. Plus a kick-ass game.

And i do realize with 300+ reviews it's not gonna be easy,(Of course there weren't too many games at the time either) but is there gonna be a title that bumps our Launch bad boy??

I find it humorouse though, that when a new contender flirts with taking over, we get a rash of short, mindless, "This game sucks" reviews. Somtimes they go as far as saying it isn't better than Halo in the review, which has got to raise some eyebrows as to the intent of the review. Was the review written to inform or just to make sure it doesn't tople Master Chief.

Is the loyalty to this game that strong?? Or is there really nothing better, yet.

Nothing will ever take away the greatness of this game, but why do i feel like there is this little underground movement to keep it on top.

Share your opinions with the inmates.
    dx2, doom 3, and rtcw is gonna smoke halo ass like a crack head smokes away his life.
    poof! gone!
    TXB IZ GAAAAAAY!
    XBA 0WNZ!

Originally posted by Bundy
    I beleive UC is going to knock halo flat off the mountain and become the new king.
    And then Halo 2 will knock UC off the mountain, there will never be a real winner.

Nothing can match the power of Halo except for Halo 2.

Halo2 will de-throned it!! My Gamestop is starting to take preorders right now for Halo2!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Halo 2 is the obvious choice, but I think UC and Brute Force will give Halo a run for its money.
    Xbox Live............

ANY Mary Kate and Ashley Game , Uhhh Britney spears dance beat ,,,HELLLO!!!! there the best games EVER!!!! DUH!!! Like DUH!!! ,,,,,

Okay for Reals, I am sure I will like Splinter Cell better than Halo, but I love stealth games , slow creeping crawling lying in the mud waiting to kill your enemy , but as for FPS Halo is on top but I think when Doom 3 comes out we will think it rules until , Halo 2 of course
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Duality will take care of Splinter Cell and UC may pull me away from Halo for a while. You can't beat online FPS's!
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Halo is the king right now and i think that is the way it should be. It brought gaming to a whole new level. I don't know about u guys but system link was a real eye opener for me, and the system and that game in general had me sold. I do think Halo 2 will be better not just because it's Halo but because Bungie works hard to make it the best.

And i like bands and hate wagons also!
    Hidden Content
    mad props to BullseyeWTF for the siggy!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information