Thread: Gone Gold

Default Gone Gold

What exactly does gone gold mean. on the main page it says commandos 2 has gone gold. i would like to know what it means. thanks.

K-Rock

Default Re: Gone Gold

Originally posted by K-Rock
    What exactly does gone gold mean. on the main page it says commandos 2 has gone gold. i would like to know what it means. thanks.

K-Rock

My first assumption would define 'gold' as the number of game copies sold. I think it's categorized as Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Like a 'bling bling' rapper going platinum means they sold over 1 million album copies.
    bwn82k (Brian)
    Hidden Content

I think it's the term used for a game that has finished development, but hasn't yet been produced. The programming for the game is done, but commercial copies still need to be made. In any case, it means that the game is only a few weeks from being released.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

thanks guys any other reasons?

Gone gold means gone into production. Started production of the game, but it may not be done yet.

http://www.gonegold.com
    http://www.consolegold.com

you can find a lot of information on games that have gone gold in those websites. that's where I got all my release date information

The term means that the game is done and is ready to begin production (making the CDs or DVDs). It is called this because the master disk is (or was usually) gold colored.
    Look at something cool then imagine it
    here:

Thread Information