Thread: Madcatz controllers

Thumbs down Madcatz controllers

I own 4 controllers, 2 original MS controllers and 2 regular Madcatz controllers.

Both Madcatz controllers have failed me, the thumbsticks have broken. It seems that the mechanism that keeps the tension on the thumbstick is easily damaged. I am 25 and take very good care of my system, but during a routing multiplayer game of NHL Hitz, these 2 controllers crapped out on me. The thumbsticks no longer sit in place and are leaning off to the side with no tension to keep them in place. I have sent an e-mail to madcatz to see if I can get replacements. I just wanted to share this info with some of you who may be contemplating buying these controllers.

I own a mad catz controller and I have never had a problem with it. In fact I consider it to be more durable then the ms controller!

Default Re: Madcatz controllers

Originally posted by Chronik
    I have sent an e-mail to madcatz to see if I can get replacements
    They should, mine too the left trigger broke, i sent an email
    and they just ask me my name, and where i bought it, 2 days
    after i got it, i was REALLY surprised, they did'nt even ask me to
    return the broken one!!! They did'nt even ask me for the serial #
    of the controller(hey guys don't get some bad ideas)!!

so you should have an anwser!!

I hope so, I read on the website that they garantee their products 5 years. I don't have the bills anymore, but I can supply S/N's and so on.

Originally posted by Shaggy
    I own a mad catz controller and I have never had a problem with it. In fact I consider it to be more durable then the ms controller!
    I have had them for over 8 months now and did not have a problem until now, but I found it odd that they both gave out with the exact same problem at the exact same time.

I like my MadCatz controller except for the right thumbstick is too far toward the middle.

I have been using the Xbox controller as I feel more comfortable with it.
    Xbox LIVE Beta Tester

Gamertag= MAGGOT VOMIT

Xbox
    Harman Kardon AVR510 DTS A/V Reciever,
    Harman Kardon DVD50 DVD Player,
    Infinity Speakers: RS5 Towers, CC3 Center, BU2 12" Floor firing Sub, RS3 Rears.
    Sony KP-41T25 RPTV

Two things I don't let people borrow, My Car and My Wife cause someone could throw a Rod in both of 'em.

I have always hated third party accessories. They always feel so cheap and break a lot faster. I never buy third party unless I have too.

Thread Information