Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone play conflict desert storm????

Wink anyone play conflict desert storm????

Anyone here know if it is worth buying Conflict Desert Storm? I like that style of games but I am wondering about gameplay, graphics, and stuff like that. Any reviews would help!!!!

THE REAL BOSS

1 word

AWESOME
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Youv'e got it MentorsXbox? I have been considering going to EBWorld all day and picking this up. Too many good titles are coming out at once. I won't know what to buy. Quite a predicament indeed!.

At any rate, could you tell us more about it? (I.e. graphics, gameplay, sound, etc...)

Thanks

Yeah, really TMX, more than one word would be appreciated.
    RIP Dave

THE REAL BOSS

I guess i should have given more detail
    but doesnt that ruin the hipe of the game?

Anyways guys graphics are great, gameplay is some of the best i have seen on xbox, you can play 3 players at one time in CO-OP mode in 3rd person. Sounds is very realistic and mimics the real life counterparts in all aspects of the game.

The beginning starts off slow and boring due to the face u just sit and stair at brown sand!

Otherwise guys this game is by far one of my favorites to date on xbox. I would give it a 8.8 out of 10.

Thanks for the little review. I can't wait to play this game, I just wasn't sure about the gameplay and cameras. This game should help me get through the next month or so until Rogue Spear comes out.

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by hqcosniper
    Thanks for the little review. I can't wait to play this game, I just wasn't sure about the gameplay and cameras. This game should help me get through the next month or so until Rogue Spear comes out.

Dang i just seen a 7.7 review that sucks.

I could care less about these crappy reviews they said the same thing about DTR and that game kicks arse.

I also read you can play 4 player CO-OP after mission 3

anyways on a downside i also heard you can beat all 11 missions pretty easily in 11 hours

GOD i hope not

yea this game rocks, there is 4 player coop after 2nd or 3rd mission. i agree totally with the earlier review but one thing i will say is that this game is 10x as fun in coop. oh yea, ive played for about 4 hours with a friend on easy and im at about the 8th mission or sumthin. might wanna try normal because i only died and restarted a level like 3 times. basically we were just kicking ass the whole time.
    Last edited by ibloshtup; 10-01-2002 at 07:07 PM.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

I have it. It kicks ass. NUF said!!!

It's first in a series, and so it's got some first-round shortcomings that probably account for the couple of mediocre press reviews I've seen -- less than perfect control and B-grade graphics. The game itself seems very fun, from the little I've played so far. Can't wait to continue. I like this style of gameplay a lot.

I picked up conflict and commandos last night. I love these kind of games and its about time Xbox got war games. I played desert storm for about 2-3 hrs and so far it's in my top 3 games i have played. The first level was average. I was kind of disappointed when i first put it on but it gets alot better after level one. If you like strategy games commandos is a blast. It's the kind of game that you need alot of patience and you won't beat anytime soon. These two compliment each other because if you want to run + gun throw conflict in. If you feel like a mixture of planning your attack, stealth and shooting throw in commandos. I like both these games very much so far

confilct rules..thats all there is to it..damn
    Got boom box?

oh man, it's not fair lol, just don't have the cash for all these games..

I hope these games are gonna be rentable soon.. I want to play!

If you want to make sure Conflict Desert Storm is worth buying, download the computer version demo. I was interested in that game, but luckily i played the demo and saved 50 bucks. Test the game out for yourself. I thought the controls completely ruined the experience. Everytime I wanted to shoot an Iraqi, the controls were too crude and i had to switch to sniper mode.

As for the graphics, I'm not impressed. The missions were okay. The only thing I really liked about CDS were the explosives. Blowing up a tank with a rocket launcher was a lot funner than shooting Iraqis.

I suggest buying Hitman 2 and maybe renting CDS after playing Hitman.

No, don't judge the game based on the demo. The Brits were all saying how much better the game is than the demo.

Default Fixed income

"Youv'e got it MentorsXbox? I have been considering going to EBWorld all day and picking this up. Too many good titles are coming out at once. I won't know what to buy. Quite a predicament indeed!. "

I wish i had your job where i could just go out and buy what ever games i want at any time.
    F***, that reminds me. I have to pay my rent.

Thumbs up I finally got it!!!!!

I like it, I mean it doesn't blow me away or anything but its solid. Like I said, I just needed something to hold me over until Ghost Recon comes out on Live. It'll do until then, I'm sure I'll even play it when I have Ghost Recon so thats all I could ask for. Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm a Marine and we don't have much money (money is not why you join the Marine Corps) so I can't waste money on games I don't know much about. Thanks again.

Default Re: Fixed income

Originally posted by boogya1
    "Youv'e got it MentorsXbox? I have been considering going to EBWorld all day and picking this up. Too many good titles are coming out at once. I won't know what to buy. Quite a predicament indeed!. "

I wish i had your job where i could just go out and buy what ever games i want at any time.
    F***, that reminds me. I have to pay my rent.
    You've got it all wrong man. I can't afford to buy all the great games coming out. Thats the predicamemt. At any rate I got CDS and while the controls are difficult to get used to, I'm enjoying it greatly.

Default desert storm

since i cant go out and buy the game, i rented it.

"IT'S SWEET

Question Can't put my finger on it

I rented this over the weekend and it just didn't grab me. Maybe it was the cheesy training mode, but I really was not impressed. I am a big Tom Clancy series guy, and this just was not up to par with those games. It looks like a cross between a Nintendo Kids' game and a true war simulation game.
    Anna Kournikova is the greatest modern-day tennis player!

Thread Information