Thread: Hitman 2 review at IGN!

Banned

Default Hitman 2 review at IGN!

Anyone know what it got?

Banned

Presentation
    Simple yet wholly satisfying. Don't be surprised when a movie based on this game is announced. The story is that rich. 9.0

Graphics
    Even though Xbox standards are getting tougher, the animation, environments and models are now merely great instead of flabbergasting. 8.0

Sound
    Best music since Halo and some might fine sound effects. Would a little surround sound be too much to ask? 8.0

Gameplay
    Thinking like an assassin is always fun, but this game gives you the option to play smart or play dumb and rewards you either way. 8.0

Lasting Appeal
    You can blaze through it in an afternoon if you turn it into a slaughterfest. Play the right way and you'll get plenty of life out of Agent 47. 8.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 8.4

damn, i might need this game. this gives it an average of 8.2 at Gamerankings

I picked it up today, it is SWEET! That is a very good review for Xbox haters- IGN. I gave my review on XBA. Check it out.

Thumbs up

I also picked the game up today. Its a great game. Thumbs up.

BTW: My game has frozen up twice so far and the music is repeating like a broken record. I don't believe its the game. I think it might be my box because this has happen on "The Thing" as well. Is there a disk cleaner especially made for the Box that you can buy in the stores to clean the lens inside. I haven't seen one. Please help?

Anyone have the PS2 review

All the sites are saying the xbox is far superior.

If IGN rules in favor of PS2 on this one, but they are indefinately cross off my xmas card list.

If IGN gave this a 8.4 and it always hard marking xbox games, this must really be cooking

It will be mine tomorrow

Originally posted by sectioneight
    Anyone have the PS2 review

All the sites are saying the xbox is far superior.

If IGN rules in favor of PS2 on this one, but they are indefinately cross off my xmas card list.

If IGN gave this a 8.4 and it always hard marking xbox games, this must really be cooking

It will be mine tomorrow
    PS2 Reveiw...

Presentation
    With artistic flourishes, excellent still shots, and great pre-mission presentation, Hitman delivers. 9.0
    Graphics
    High resolution textures, great architectural and good characters design, and solid sound effects. 8.5
    Sound
    Top quality sound effects and original music from the The Budapest Symphony Orchestra and Choir. 9.0
    Gameplay
    Control issues might bug some, but tthe flurry of pure stealth and sniping missions is addictive and engagaing. 8.5
    Lasting Appeal
    Given the open design, this game begs to be replayed several times. 8.0

Originally posted by xboxmaster2002

PS2 Reveiw...

Presentation
    With artistic flourishes, excellent still shots, and great pre-mission presentation, Hitman delivers. 9.0
    Graphics
    High resolution textures, great architectural and good characters design, and solid sound effects. 8.5
    Sound
    Top quality sound effects and original music from the The Budapest Symphony Orchestra and Choir. 9.0
    Gameplay
    Control issues might bug some, but tthe flurry of pure stealth and sniping missions is addictive and engagaing. 8.5
    Lasting Appeal
    Given the open design, this game begs to be replayed several times. 8.0
    Thanks

Sound got 9.0 for the PS2 and an 8.0 for the Xbox.

Ya..ok this makes sense. Plus PS2 Review have said there is some controll issues with the PS2, and not with the Xbox. Yet it gets the same score for control

Why I ever bother reading these things anymore I don't even know...

I only read reviews after I either rented the game or made a purchase; XBN mag gave shrek 6 and enclave 5, both games hit the graphics in the bulls-eye but enclave had more depth in the fun dept. proof is in the pudding that reviews are misleading most of the time.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 10-03-2002 at 07:13 AM.

You also have to remember that the guy reviewing the Xbox version is not the same guy as the PS2 person. They probably don't even give two squirts of urine what each other says and just write down what they feel is right.

I've played the demo of this game and the first level sold me...I was worried it was going to be a high intense action shooter from the movies and not like the first one where you actually had to think and move carefully. This game is what I'm lookin for
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

Starving College Student

you cant compare reviews across two platforms....there are different reviewers who have slightly different ideas of what a game should be. I think they (or maybe it was gamespot) even wrote an article about how comparing reviews across different systems doesn't work.

so don't do it.

it should be enough that we have a good xbox game on our hands, dont worry about accusing IGN of having bias or anything. They're still one of the biggest and best sources of info on the net, so you might as well learn to love them.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i could probably take 2 minutes and find out for myself...but i won't

by any chance does it have a multiplayer mode?
    death match?

No... It's not really that kinda game anyway...
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

Wow this game is great! Between this and Conflict Desert Storm I'm getting no sleep The openendedness lets you choose whether you wanna just go on a shooting rampage or just use 1 bullet to complete a level, and there are NUMEROUS approaches you can take in completing each level. I'm currently on level 3, but can't seem to make the hits, ahhhh well.

is the original hitman good? i downloaded it a long time ago, and ive never played it. lol

bust a nut

what a waste snoop lol

lol, how is that a waste? its not like i paid for it

Thread Information