Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my local newspaper bashes xbox

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

Default my local newspaper bashes xbox

what an idiot.
    this guys knows NOTHING!

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mc...ng/4366540.htm

Member on the run

You're right! He's an idiot. How can he say that there are no exclusives that are causing a buzz when you have games like deathrow, shenmue 2, tekki (though some won't go for it b/c of the price), sudeki , etc...

edit.. and that's not even mentioning XBOXLive.

ok...that was just g @y.....

some people are just really stupid....

THE REAL BOSS

what an idiot
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

bust a nut

i hope that idiot dies

It's jack a ss's like this guy that brings out the fanboy in me. take it from me, Microsoft is not known for dabbling in a product, it see's what it wants and it stops at nothing to get. In 2 to 3 years Microsoft will own most if not all the game developers including sega. Sony is done for in 2005 or will not be so relaxed in the reaping of the harvest. Go Microsoft!

No great exclusives?!?!: Halo, JSRF, PGR, Morrowind... (dont wanna name the rest)

How could anyone compare with xbox's christmas list?: UC, XBOX LIVE!!!, Ghost Recon, Mechassault, SPLINTER CELL!!!, etc., etc., etc.

ps2's christmas list: GTA:VC,....... yea thats bout it

GC's christmas list: Metroid Prime ................ yea thats bout it

California the land of idiots and pot heads!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

LOL, I bet that retard dosent even know what Microsoft is...

what a dumb@ss
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Owned And Operated by Yours Truely

RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

the guy is g @y? how do you know that?

When these Big Media sh*tbags can't get at Microsoft like they want to (for political reasons) they go after the "kids" who support Xbox gaming. F*ck those pieces of sh*t.
    Did you read this POS LATimes article?? He quotes one disgruntled programmer, two or three obviously anti-MS "analysts", and throws in a suspiciously anonymous quote from a "publishing exec" --- I suspect that that one, for sure, is a complete fabrication.

Welcome to post-modern journalistic ethics 101, my friends. It's actually a serious and sad lack of ethics on those "journalists'" part. Xbox bashing is something that identifies a sad excuse for a human being right away.
    Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
    - Parkinson's Law

Default go out and buy a 2nd xbox the sega

bundle i did this week now im playing 8 people on halo and using sys link for ts2 also and deathrow when i pick up 2 copies..

it s a great deal nothing wrong with 2 xbox 'x linked

just keep spreading the word on the xbox. what a great system it is . which it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Default Re: my local newspaper bashes xbox

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    what an idiot.
    this guys knows NOTHING!

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mc...ng/4366540.htm
    I totally agree with ya (checks forehead to see if shes runnin a fever or somethin)

Might know that they would actually quote someone from Gamespot to back up what they are sayin...imagine that

What a flaming ***...
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

Why does everyone think M$ is trying to beat Sony... Geeeez.. Whatever!! I think i could point out at least 20 things I disgree with... EVERYONE>> ITS EMAIL TIME>>>>
    Hidden Content <------Deleted because I was a bad boy and was going to be punished if I didnt...Im scerd..

I agree that there is a lack of games out there ready to attract new gamers, but I do think that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance will attract a lot of NEW gamers to xbox (though its not exclusive.. it is this holiday season)

Perhaps Spliter Cell will be a major hit. It very well could be the single player third person gaem XBox is missing. Sure Dead to Rights was amazing, but it really didn't get popular... but I think Spliter Cell has the potential to get as popular as (let's say) Devil May Cry for Ps2.

Unreal Championship may also attract a few eyes due to the publicity surrounding Tournament 2k2... but those are the only three I really see... and its a bit mixed.

I don't get it... it isn't that great for Nintendo either. They only have Metroid... they can count Mario Sunshine out of the picture as well as Star Fox for selling consoles as their sales have already dropped.

I see HIGH HIGH HIGH potential for PS2 and GTA 4.

I'm not counting xbox out, but its not as bad as the journalist is setting it out to be. And I think it was inappropriate for the journalist to mention the guy who hates his XBox at the beginning. I know some of my friends don't like their PS2s... they just get tired of it.

I hoep someone actually reads this and absorbs a bit of my opinions and sees why I think this.

I agree that the articl DZ pointed out was garbage. A literal piece of trash. However I do believe that M$ needs to advertise more and more. I can't tell you how many times I saw the commercial for Metroid Prime on tv last night for GC. And evertime I see a game that is on multiple platforms, it always seems to show PS2 in big letters and theres the green x down at the bottom next to GC.

M$ needs to advertise XBL and show gamers what it is capable of doing. A 30 second spot with 8 people playing "Unreal" 4 vs. 4. and then at the end show the world that they are playing at opposite coasts. OMG You know how much intrest that would fire up.

Good god, whata F***en dumbass. I want to kil that guy!

Thread Information