View Poll Results: Which game is best choice?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Ghost Recon

3 16.67%
  • Unreal Championship

7 38.89%
  • Mech Assault

8 44.44%

Thread: Unreal Championship

Question Unreal Championship

Has anyone played it or seen reviews yet? I am deciding between this and Ghost Recon. Ultimately I will have both, but the wife is limiting me this month!! I can't believe I just admitted that publicly. I loved playing the Rogue Spear games on line on PC and science fiction seems a little goofy to me but I really liked Halo, so I am torn between which one to go for first. Not to mention Mech Assault looks interesting as well.
    Anna Kournikova is the greatest modern-day tennis player!

I'd choose Mechassault out of those three you have listed. But, If I were you, I would wait until the 18th and get Splinter Cell.

Default Really?

Isn't Splinter Cell mainly going to entail sneaking around and trying not to be seen using very quiet techniques versus shoot and kill type stuff. I need some thought with my games but I don't want to get overly frustrated with being limited to stealth missions.
    Anna Kournikova is the greatest modern-day tennis player!

Default Re: Really?

Originally posted by Robflare
    Isn't Splinter Cell mainly going to entail sneaking around and trying not to be seen using very quiet techniques versus shoot and kill type stuff. I need some thought with my games but I don't want to get overly frustrated with being limited to stealth missions.
    yes it does invole a lot of sneaking around. But I don't think it is too frustrating. I would suggest picking up the OXM demo #13 and trying it out. It look like it has A LOT of potential.

trust me, I'm not one to be overly frustrated by games. That turns me off. But Splinter Cell wasn't frustrating. (at least in the demo).

I think that if you enjoy Ghost Recon, then you'd really like splinter cell. Think "one man recon team" (oxymoron, I know). Hope that helps.

If it were I, Mech Assult it would be. Just b/c I 'd eventually end up with all of them. But MA is my first choice.

I would go with GHOST RECON. I just picked it up along with Unreal Championship on saturday and they are both very good games but I would give the nod to Ghost Recon.

Default Re: Really?

Originally posted by Robflare
    I know I'm almost a week late getting into this post, but if you haven't made up your mind yet, I'd go with GR based on what you say above, especially if you have XBL.

I've played UC a few times, and IMO, it is one big 100 mile an hour frag fest. Just run and shoot. Very little thought required.

GR on the other hand is not overly limited to stealth. It does take some strategy to play, but you're not overly burdened with it. The experience on Live is unbelievable.

I have yet to play MA so I can't provide much information on it,. However, from what I have heard, it does seem to be a bit on the frag fest side, tho maybe not as much as UC.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Thread Information