Thread: American McGee announces Oz!

Default American McGee announces Oz!

front page of XBA:

American McGee puts his signature touch on another classic children’s tale. This time the Lands of Oz are visited in a prequel adventure to the original books that will take you on a colorful journey through a unique world filled with dozens of interesting characters and stories.

"Oz offers a diverse world and large range of characters to explore and meet." said American from his Hollywood design studio, "I’m really excited to be working with such rich material and amazing technology." Oz is being produced for the Microsoft Xbox and PC and is scheduled for release some time in 2004. The Oz soundtrack is being produced by Media Ventures. A line of Oz toys will be hitting store shelves soon. A book and film deal are to be announced.

--------------------------------------

I played American McGee's Alice and it was one of the coolest and most original games I'd ever played. I hope that Oz follows in Alice's footsteps with crazy twisted levels and characters. Looking forward to hearing more about this game as we go along..
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Sweet, cant wait...

wonder what story is after this one
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

to bad its not the oz from hbo.

Member on the run

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    to bad its not the oz from hbo.
    From the screenshots at G ayspot, the game looks more like that stupid sequel the WIZ than OZ!

I played American McGee's Alice and it was one of the coolest and most original games I'd ever played.
    So did I and I loved it from start to finish.I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.
    Caught a lite sneeze,
    dreamed a little dream,
    made my own pretty hate machine.

Hidden Content

I thought Alice had an amazing story (one of the best of any video game ever made), but the gameplay just couldn't live up to it. Hopefully they'll do something other than the strict platform jumper formula on his next game. I'm not a big fan of platformers...

The Alice movie should be incredible though...

In art class in grade nine my teacher showed us a Russian "interpretive" artists version of Alice in wonderland. Needless to say it say messed up! I don't know if the movie coming with the game will be as bad.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

is american mcgees alice good? i downloaded it, but only played it for like 10 minutes.

I was hopeing for HBO Oz
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    is american mcgees alice good? i downloaded it, but only played it for like 10 minutes.
    Ya.. its not at all like the Alice in Wonderland story. Its got the characters in it... but they're all twisted and demented. The whole thing is actually quite well written.. I won't spoil the ending for you, but I will say it was one of the coolest endings in a game I've played so far!

Master Gracey: I agree... even though I really enjoyed Alice, I hope they incorporate new game elements into Oz.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

yea. the movie was pretty twisted too. lol

i wish they would release alice onto the xbox!
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Thread Information