Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abducted!

Alien Abducted!

Contraband Entertainment is developing a new game for the PC, Mac, and Xbox. It's name, Abducted, its appeal. The BEST GRAPHICS EVER!. If this game ever comes out there will definetly be a big hubug about which game looks better halo 2, Doom ]|[ or Abducted. Personally I think It will go either to Doom ]|[ or Abducted. Here is some links to creenshots of all three games. Abducted. Doom ]|[ . And finally Halo ][ .

Decide for yourself.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

After reviewing what I tihnk are the best screenshots of the three. I think it will go Abducted, Doom 3 and then Halo 2.
    Abducteds best
    Doom 3s best It's the middle left picture.
    Halo 2s best
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 12-27-2002 at 07:24 PM.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

in Abducted, the character model is amazing, those are the best clothes ive seen yet (the way it shows wrinkes in the shirt and all). Those aliens faces look "painted on" though, hopefully it is fixed.

DOOM III definitely looks the best in my eyes, everything looks flawless. I can't seem to find a single thing that looks bad graphic-wise.

Halo II looks ok, I want to see some screens of some new outside levels or something, not much i can say, looks good from the very limited screens we have.

DOOM III has to be my favorite out of the three.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

halo 2's graphics are all rendered in real-time...what about the other 2 games? because pre-rendered graphics are not impressive at all.

Doom III looks the best to me. I loved that game when it came out and now it looks incredible.

RadRider

From what I've seen, it's basically a toss-up between Abducted and Doom III, the only difference being that I've actually played Doom III. I think at this point, Abducted is much flashier, employing more of everything that Doom III uses for graphical effects, whereas Doom III has a more realistic look.
    Halo 2 trails somewhere behind both of them. Sure the Master Chief looks good, but it's like the difference between making a car look real and making a person look real. Master Chief is wearing blocky armor, so it's very easy to look real. If the people models look as bad as they did in Halo 1, then the Halo 2 engine really hasn't been improved much over the first Halo engine at all.
    --edit--
    All the screenshots are rendered in real time for these games.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Doom 3's textures seem quite blurry to me, and I have 20-15 vision...but anyway, until I see actual gameplay footage, im not deciding.

Japanese developers are the only ones who can make a good survival horror.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

First off bruning Ranger, that has nothing to do with this thread. Secondly, just becuase its asian doesn't mean its good. ya damn racist fool!

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    First off bruning Ranger, that has nothing to do with this thread. Secondly, just becuase its asian doesn't mean its good. ya damn racist fool!
    Hey, I'm not an asian and I respect all races. It's just that I haven't played a good survival horror yet made by a Western developer.
    Now Playing

No more arguemnts about survival horror games. Only talk about Halo2, Doom 3 and Abducted!

If they would add lighting this would beat them all

http://www.fatbabies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1665
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

yes, Dino Crisis 3 does look good. However, I don't think it is on the same level as The three previously stated games. I mean they aren't even BETA yet. They are all in Alpha stages and they look that good!
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 12-27-2002 at 08:57 PM.

Not sure if they are those screens are the best for comparisons though since both Abducted and Doom III are high res PC screenshots while Halo 2 is actually off of the Xbox. Scale those other screens down to 640x480 and see the difference.

They all look to be impressive games though, including Dinocrisis 3.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

(keep in mind all screenshots posted in this thread are ingame!)
    Here are two other amazing games.
    Fable Screenies
    This website has a ton of B.C. screenies.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 12-28-2002 at 12:20 PM.

what was so amazing about that..

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    (keep in mind all screenshots posted in this thread are ingame!)
    Here are two other amazing games.
    Fable Screenies
    This website has a ton of B.C. screenies.
    Enjoy!
    Graphics of those games look good. Not as impressive as Dino Crisis 3 and Circus Drive.
    Now Playing

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    pre-rendered graphics are not impressive at all.
    RE and RE0 on Gamecube look pretty damn impressive

They may look good but any system can do those graphics. That is why pre-rendered graphics are not impressive. It is just like drawing a picture and putting that picture into the game. The console itself isn't actually doing anything as far as rendering goes. It is actually quite pathetic. All of the games I posted are rendered in real time. The system is actually making it look like that, it ain't some picture some shlob drew. That is why they are impressive.
    Last edited by MerimacHamwich; 01-04-2003 at 03:53 PM.

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    Japanese developers are the only ones who can make a good survival horror.

the correct comment would be that japanese are the ONLY developers that make survival horror games. other than alone in the dark (which started the genre, not resident evil) who else has made survival horror games other than capcom and tecmo? seriously, I dont know, the only ones I can think of are silent hill, RE, and fatal frame

Thread Information