Thread: Steering Wheel

Default Steering Wheel

Afte dusting off my old PC racing wheel, and playing some Need for Speed 4 with it, I decided i want one for my xbox and ps2. I have a dest to clap them to and i can use petals easily as well. But what I am looking for is a universal wheel that will work with both PS2 and Xbox....is there such a thing and if so whats it called. If not are they like xbox to ps2 converters (or visa versa) and how do those work?

THIS IS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

I have one, It rocks!

Hey Fred,

That looks just like (except for the colors) of the strictly Xbox Racing Wheel by Mad Catz. Have you had any problems w/ it? The Xbox version I received as a gift, and I kept getting disconnect errors in Rallisport Challenge telling me to reconnect a controller and press 'Start'. I received this at least once every race. It was unbearable, so I returned it.

Originally posted by Smartparts
    Hey Fred,

That looks just like (except for the colors) of the strictly Xbox Racing Wheel by Mad Catz. Have you had any problems w/ it? The Xbox version I received as a gift, and I kept getting disconnect errors in Rallisport Challenge telling me to reconnect a controller and press 'Start'. I received this at least once every race. It was unbearable, so I returned it.
    Ive heard alot of peaple say this, but is it for the Xbox MC2 wheel or the Universal MC2 wheel?

Fred: Is yours the univesal wheel? HAve you used it on both PS2 and Xbox and does it work ok on both?

Hey Viper,

I had the Xbox MC2 wheel. That's why I'm curious about Fred's experience w/ the Universal. Kind of weird if the Universal MC2 wheel works better w/ the Xbox than the strictly Xbox MC2 wheel, don't you think? Why doesn't Microsoft offer more 1st party products?

I need a force feedback steering wheel for the XBOX.

The Xbox doesn't really need a steering wheel in my opinion. The brake and accelerate button is pushed with the L and R triggers. On the Playstation 2, a steering wheel was needed badly.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

Ok ok, I wasn't quite telling the truth.
    I don't have the universal mc2, I have the normal mc2 and works perfect (has never disconnected). I've had it for quite some time now and I've learned a few tricks and tips. You should be able to eliminate "disconnect" messages by turning rumble OFF in game options The normal mc2 has an advantage, (and its a biggie) the expansion bay! With an expansion bay, a communicator can be used (just keep dreaming of Lamborghini, PGR2 and Midtown Madness 3). And I hear the new mc2 has no rumble.

My Mc2 review

MicroCon Controller (get this!)

i have that steering wheel only mines silver and black.... its sweet.... but kinda hard to master on games like Project Gatham Racing where you slide a lot... but still its fun
    Last edited by The Jackal; 01-17-2003 at 12:43 AM.

Originally posted by The Jackal
    i have that steering wheel only mines silver and black.... its sweet.... but kinda hard to master on games like Project Gatham Racing where you slide a lot... but still its fun

Is yours the unversal one or XBox only? And have you ever gotten dissconnect errors?

Thread Information