Poll: Are you getting Apex?

Thread: Anyone Picking Up Apex?

Question Anyone Picking Up Apex?

The game looks quite innovative with its construct-a-car feature and over 50 tracks. I might rent it first, though.
    Green = Good
    Red = Sucks
    I own all of the following games
    Halo, Crimson Sea, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Morrowind, Blinx, Dead or Alive 3, NFL Fever 2002, NFL Fever 2003, Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Whacked!, Splinter Cell, Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO, Phantasy Star Online (preorder)
    NightCaster, Blood Wake, Fuzion Frenzy, Hitman 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Totaled!
    Wish List: (Until Summer)
    Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive: XTreme Beach Volleyball, Sea Dogs 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Midtown Madness 3, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Hidden Content Former Xbox Live Beta Tester.

Rent first. According to the reviews, the construct-a-car feature isn't as deep as I was hoping it would be. Maybe next time. And the driving tends to lean on the Ridge Racer (arcade) side, rather than the, preferrable, Gran Turismo (sim) side. The story mode you have to go thru does sound intriguing tho. Not sure if it's worth more than that.
    Halo: Combat Evolved (9.5) || Dead Or Alive 3 (9.0) || NBA Live 2002 (8.0) || Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x (7.0) || NHL 2002 (8.0) || The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || Sega GT 2002 (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || MechAssault (8.5) || Unreal Championship (8.0) || Sega Sports NFL 2K3 (8.5) || Dead Or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (8.5) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (9.25)

Listening to Fur Patrol's Pet LP & Starlifter EP albums (Hidden Content )
    Reading Halo: The Flood by William C. Dietz (Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Sounds like an excellent concept, but horrible excecution. They should treat all serious racing games like Nascar games. They are all fairly realistic driving sims, but just on a... circular... track.
    Green = Good
    Red = Sucks
    I own all of the following games
    Halo, Crimson Sea, MechAssault, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Morrowind, Blinx, Dead or Alive 3, NFL Fever 2002, NFL Fever 2003, Rallisport Challenge, Jet Set Radio Future, Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Whacked!, Splinter Cell, Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO, Phantasy Star Online (preorder)
    NightCaster, Blood Wake, Fuzion Frenzy, Hitman 2, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Totaled!
    Wish List: (Until Summer)
    Panzer Dragoon Orta, Dead or Alive: XTreme Beach Volleyball, Sea Dogs 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Midtown Madness 3, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Hidden Content Former Xbox Live Beta Tester.

renting it first..

I already have PGR, Sega GT2002, and Nascar Thunder 2003

Apex
    Midnight Club 2
    Midtown Madness 3

All games I am interested in.. But that is to many freaking racing games hehe.

I was thinking I'll rent Apex.. and if I like it better then Sega GT 2002 I'll trade it in towards Apex.

*quote* (quote button seems to not be working)
    renting it first..

Apex
    Midnight Club 2
    Midtown Madness 3

I was thinking I'll rent Apex.. and if I like it better then Sega GT 2002 I'll trade it in towards Apex.
    *End Of Quote*

What happend to Mercedes Benz, Pro Race Driver, Lotus Challenge, Lamborghini, and most importantly Project Gotham Racing 2

so many racing games coming out this year, I can't wait!

Apex sounds and looks good but since theres so many other racers that are coming out this year I'll have to rent it first.
    Xbox Games I Own-Halo 2, Forza Motorsports, Gran turismo 4, Mech assault 2: Lone Wolf, Rallisport Challenge 2, Toca Race Driver 2, Burnout 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime Streets of L.A, WWE RAW 2, WWF RAW, Midtown Madness 3, Enter the Matrix, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, X-Men Next Dimension, Spiderman, Spy Hunter, Amped, Munches Oddysee

Originally posted by Boomer
    *quote* (quote button seems to not be working)
    renting it first..

Apex
    Midnight Club 2
    Midtown Madness 3

*End Of Quote*

What happend to Mercedes Benz, Pro Race Driver, Lotus Challenge, Lamborghini, and most importantly Project Gotham Racing 2

so many racing games coming out this year, I can't wait!

Apex sounds and looks good but since theres so many other racers that are coming out this year I'll have to rent it first.

I forgot about Pro Race Driver and PGR 2.. but the other oens I'm not interested in. I don't like the racing games focused on a certain car .. example : Mercedes Benz, Lotus Challenge....etc..

Although they may look good, I would most likely get to bored of them.

So the list now is
    PGR 2
    Pro Race Driver
    Midtown Madness 3
    Middnight Club 2
    Apex

That's alot of racing hehe

I will be picking it up. I am just waiting for eb to get it in, in my area.

Even though the graphics are subpar the gameplay isn't that fun, mainly because the AI

cheats. if they hit or even touch your car they are able to pass you. and you lose your position

by 3 cars . You also lose your position if you hit their car .

In the Intro it appears you can knock cars out of your way while maintaining the lead.

Actual gameplay is different.

I want a racing game with grudgematch style capabilities !

there's nothing like playing bumper cars and knocking the other cars around while still keeping
    the lead.

I am not talking about hitting a wall or crates or other objects that would warrant you lose your position by 3 cars.

I am talking about car Bumping and Ramming.

In Project Gotham you can keep the opposition off you by Bumping or Ramming them.

you don't get bumped back 3 cars , because it all depends on how well

you can Recover control of your car.

In Apex you don't get the Satisfaction of Recovering , you get Penalized !

What about the AI , are they Penalized ???

No , they can Recover and take the lead ,

also maintaining their speed while you will losing your speed - in the same situation.

2 words - Unbalanced Gameplay.

Another example of good and fair gameplay is Nascar Thunder 2003.

Here as well you are allowed to bump the competition and keep your position if you

Recover. in the real world of Nascar you are not allowed to bump and ram , but that's real life.

Most people buy games to escape and do things that you can't normally do in real life.

You said " that in all racing games you played you lose your lead " , Well iv'e given 2

examples from a few of the best Racing Games in existance that you don't.

-Think fun , Make it fun , So we can all have fun-

Last edited by cya punk; 02-20-2003 at 09:41 AM.

A good game for you to get then would be Pro Race Driver, you can bump, smash, your oppenents off the track, and then they will try to do the same back to after you have done it a couple times, no I don't know this from experience, I read it in a review, I'm not sure from which site, I think it might have been BH Motorsports.
    Xbox Games I Own-Halo 2, Forza Motorsports, Gran turismo 4, Mech assault 2: Lone Wolf, Rallisport Challenge 2, Toca Race Driver 2, Burnout 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime Streets of L.A, WWE RAW 2, WWF RAW, Midtown Madness 3, Enter the Matrix, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, X-Men Next Dimension, Spiderman, Spy Hunter, Amped, Munches Oddysee

Smile

Cool , yeh that's more like it ..........thanks bro
    Last edited by cya punk; 02-20-2003 at 08:36 PM.

Thread Information