Thread: NHL 2003 vs. NHL 2k3

Default NHL 2003 vs. NHL 2k3

Which do you guys think is better, EA's NHL 2003 or Sega's NHL 2K3? In terms of overall fun, graphics, gameplay, etc.?

-psylin

NHL2003. Try hitting the search button next time....

Gamerscore Whore

NHL 2k3 for fun, realism and xbox live. And yes the search button does wonders.

Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
    xbox live
    lol...

The young... and annoying Young_Fledgling's Avatar

well i have both now......

i like nhl 2003 for the season mode and for playing with friends

nhl 2k3 is good for online and realism mind u i do not like the franchinse mode all that much. and it has worse graphics.

SO ! if u have xbox live then nhl 2k3 if not then nhl 2003

THAT IS MY OPINION

Originally posted by wardpr68
    THAT IS MY OPINION
    I would have to agree.

NHL 2003 is a JOKE!

NHL 2K3 is the best damn hockey game period!

Hitz 20-03 is even better then EA's crappy effort this year.
    Xbox games I own:
    EPSN NHL Hockey 2K4 -- ESPN NFL Footbal 2K4 -- NCAA Football 2004 -- MOTO GP 2 -- Midnight Club II -- Pro Race Driver -- Coline McRae Rally 3 -- NHL 2K3 -- NHL Hitz 20-03 -- NFL 2K3 -- NCAA Football 2003 -- NCAA College Basketball 2K3 -- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 -- Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball -- Madden NFL 2003 -- NCAA College Football 2K3 -- MLB SlugFest 20-03 -- NBA Inside Drive 2003 -- NFL Blitz 20-02 -- NFL Fever 2002 -- NHL Hitz 20-02 -- Ralli Sport Challenge -- Sega GT -- Jet Set Radio Future -- Outlaw Golf -- NHL 2002 -- Nascar Thunder 2002

Gamerscore Whore

EA's hockey series is turning into its baseball series. Nuthin but a crappy game. Won't be long before they decide to redo the whole NHL game like they did with baseball.

Official wigger of XBA ImmortalTech's Avatar

i know that nhl 2003 it way better because you have more puck control and also the graphics are crasy. I think it's the best yet

Originally posted by SBC31
    NHL 2003 is a JOKE!

NHL 2K3 is the best damn hockey game period!

Hitz 20-03 is even better then EA's crappy effort this year.
    Saying something like that makes you look like a fan boy/n00b. Atleast give the game a fair assesment and people will repsect what your opinion is but just saying a game is a joke makes you look like you throwing stuff out there.

I've been playing EA's NHL series since the original Genesis version back in 1991 (Pipetender, you were probably still sucking on your thumb then...lol). I have loved many of the games, but 2003 is by far the worst EA has ever released. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Triple Play move and re-start NHL from the ground up. Hell, maybe this is why EA went and bought BlackBox games...lol! One thing that EA's NHL series could benefit from would be if producer Dave Warfield would quit or if they switched him to a new product.

The only thing that EA does better then Sega's title is in the graphics. Unfortunately, games require "gameplay" also. I'm not going to go into details about 2003, simply because after playing about a dozen games, I took it off my PC. I even gave it a chance on my Xbox, but returned the game the day after getting it (second hand).

On a minor side note, when will EA get the jerseys correct in the game. The Senators have had the wrong 3rd jersey for the last 2 years.....hello, this is a simple fix.

All I can say is that EA's 2003 is sub par for gameplay, gameplay is what I look for in a video game. EA did a great job with NCAA Football 2003, and I look forward to NBA Street 2. As for NHL 2004, well they have quite a bit of work to make this game a good one like it was at one time.

Hope this makes you happy now.

Oh, and if you go to gamerankings.com, you will see that for the Xbox, NHL 2K3 is ranked 6, while EA's NHL 2003 is ranked 116th. This is based on reviews from all over the web....enough said.
    Last edited by SBC31; 03-26-2003 at 09:56 PM.
    Xbox games I own:
    EPSN NHL Hockey 2K4 -- ESPN NFL Footbal 2K4 -- NCAA Football 2004 -- MOTO GP 2 -- Midnight Club II -- Pro Race Driver -- Coline McRae Rally 3 -- NHL 2K3 -- NHL Hitz 20-03 -- NFL 2K3 -- NCAA Football 2003 -- NCAA College Basketball 2K3 -- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 -- Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball -- Madden NFL 2003 -- NCAA College Football 2K3 -- MLB SlugFest 20-03 -- NBA Inside Drive 2003 -- NFL Blitz 20-02 -- NFL Fever 2002 -- NHL Hitz 20-02 -- Ralli Sport Challenge -- Sega GT -- Jet Set Radio Future -- Outlaw Golf -- NHL 2002 -- Nascar Thunder 2002

Thread Information