Thread: Dead Man's Hand!!!

Default Dead Man's Hand!!!

6 Words :Old Western coming to the Xbox.This game is one of a kind and brings back memories of that SNES western game.Here's the link read all about it.
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/391/391308p1.html

This should be an interesting,creative,and original title.
    ~1ne~
    Life Under The Sun(Chapter I:Ecclesiastes)
    Hidden Content

A big thanks goes out to the one and only awesome sigmaker GokuX

Might be interesting, we'll see
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Gracey's pointless trivia fact of the day:

The dead man's hand in poker is a hand that consists of two eights and two aces. It got it's name because those were four of the five cards that were in the hand of Wild Bill Hickok when he was shot down in a saloon in Dakota Territory in 1876. The fifth card has always remained a mystery.

Official wigger of XBA ImmortalTech's Avatar

looks good

I don't ever remeber actully playing a old west type game before, but this one sounds good and can't wait to see what it looks like when it comes out.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

I haven't played an old west FPS since "Outlaws" on the PC. It used the "Dark Forces" engine. I loved this game!

I will definitely buy "Dead Man's Hand" as soon as it is available. An old west game based on the Unreal engine?!?!? I'm there!

deserves a look
    We need a love bomb, to just blow us away, to freakin' blow all the lights out, turning night to day, hear it from miles away, a chance to make it right now, f*ck what the government says,
    We gotta save some lives now, is that OK?
    Hidden Content
    [Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ]

R.I.P. DZNUTZ. One Man We'll Never Forget Hidden Content

This is truly going to be a good year for gaming. I mean the variety of games out there is going to be phenominal. You got your Western, your '30s Mafia, your pirates, your space age, your every other run o the mill, your prehistoric dinosour huntin' tribes, your midevial fantasy games. Its truly amazing.

I am really looking forward to this year.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Sorry I've been away....Grandkids. Not that anyone missed me.
    Anyway, Here's the press release...

Wild, wild west shoot-em-up from Infogrames announced

Infogrames has announced a new first-person shooter for the Xbox, called
    Dead Man's Hand. The game has an Old West theme, is powered by Epic
    Games' Unreal graphics engine, and will feature online multiplayer through
    Xbox Live. Dead Man's Hand is scheduled to be published this fall under
    Infogrames' Atari label and will be an exclusive title for the Xbox.

“Dead Man’s Hand will be an amazing recreation of the Old West, from the
    high drama of showdowns to the window-smashing action of shoot outs to the
    bitter plights of vengeance,” said Steve Allison, vice president of marketing at
    Infogrames, Inc.’s Los Angeles studio. “By using the power of the Xbox and, the
    latest Unreal Technology together, Human Head is creating one of the best look-
    ing, best playing and truly unique first person shooters ever released.Xbox owners
    are in for a real treat, both in single player and against online foes through Xbox
    Live!”

In Dead Man’s Hand, players will step into the boots of El Tejón, master gunfighter,
    riding with one of the roughest gangs in the West, known as The Nine. When the
    ruthless leader of The Nine betrays El Tejón, El Tejón turns to a life of vengeance,
    vowing to put every member of his former gang six-feet under.

Besides straight shooting, Dead Man’s Hand incorporates unique gameplay
    elements taken from the Old West. Gamers will try their hands at blasting
    desperados from the back of their trusty steed and shooting it out on a moving
    train, ducking just before going through tunnels. In addition, as the game
    progresses, players will acquire “Legend,” a unique scoring system that awards
    points as the player blazes a path into Western folklore. When accumulated,
    Legend will allow gamers to pull off amazing trick shots and death-defying feats.
    Players will also be able to pick their own path through the game, revealing new
    mission choices as the game progresses.

Dead Man’s Hand is scheduled for release on Xbox in Fall 2003.

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Originally posted by Gameman732
    Sorry I've been away....Grandkids. Not that anyone missed me.
    Anyway, Here's the press release...

Wild, wild west shoot-em-up from Infogrames announced

Infogrames has announced a new first-person shooter for the Xbox, called
    Dead Man's Hand. The game has an Old West theme, is powered by Epic
    Games' Unreal graphics engine, and will feature online multiplayer through
    Xbox Live. Dead Man's Hand is scheduled to be published this fall under
    Infogrames' Atari label and will be an exclusive title for the Xbox.

“Dead Man’s Hand will be an amazing recreation of the Old West, from the
    high drama of showdowns to the window-smashing action of shoot outs to the
    bitter plights of vengeance,” said Steve Allison, vice president of marketing at
    Infogrames, Inc.’s Los Angeles studio. “By using the power of the Xbox and, the
    latest Unreal Technology together, Human Head is creating one of the best look-
    ing, best playing and truly unique first person shooters ever released.Xbox owners
    are in for a real treat, both in single player and against online foes through Xbox
    Live!”

In Dead Man’s Hand, players will step into the boots of El Tejón, master gunfighter,
    riding with one of the roughest gangs in the West, known as The Nine. When the
    ruthless leader of The Nine betrays El Tejón, El Tejón turns to a life of vengeance,
    vowing to put every member of his former gang six-feet under.

Besides straight shooting, Dead Man’s Hand incorporates unique gameplay
    elements taken from the Old West. Gamers will try their hands at blasting
    desperados from the back of their trusty steed and shooting it out on a moving
    train, ducking just before going through tunnels. In addition, as the game
    progresses, players will acquire “Legend,” a unique scoring system that awards
    points as the player blazes a path into Western folklore. When accumulated,
    Legend will allow gamers to pull off amazing trick shots and death-defying feats.
    Players will also be able to pick their own path through the game, revealing new
    mission choices as the game progresses.

Dead Man’s Hand is scheduled for release on Xbox in Fall 2003.
    WOW, those pics look nice. I might just keep my Eye on this game.
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

More Dead Man's Hand info....

Through an epic single player story of vengeance and betrayal, the player will
    travel the American Frontier, experiencing bar fights, shoot outs, stagecoach
    chases and other definitively Western scenes. Dead Man’s Hand captures the
    grandeur, action and drama of the Old West with six-shooters, rifles, black
    hats, horses, hombres, dancing girls, riverboats, saloon poker and many other
    iconic images.

Saloon poker also plays a major role in Dead Man’s Hand. Players will sit down
    for a poker game before each mission as a bonus round. If successful, the
    player will earn bonuses such as additional Legend, health or ammo. The player
    then decides whether to gamble their initial earnings for bigger bonuses. However,
    they could lose all of their bonuses in the process.

More than 20 adventures will challenge gamers, through the deserts, hills and
    towns of the old southwest, across the mountains and mine shafts of the great
    northwest, and in the riverboats and cities of the Midwest. Missions will take place
    upon vast maps that feature detailed indoor and outdoor locations, from rickety old
    saloons to sprawling mountain vistas to dark mysterious mineshafts.

Players will have nine different Old West firearms to choose from, each modeled on
    the real pistols, shotguns and rifles that made the Old West famous. Other weapons
    include knives and dynamite, as well as fixed Gatling guns and cannons that will blow
    enemies clear into the next county.

Players will be able to compete against other Xbox owners via Xbox Live! as well as
    against friends in their living room in split screen multi-player mode. A variety of
    competitive and cooperative play modes will be available.

Utilizing the power of the latest Unreal technology by Epic Games, Human Head has
    developed an amazing recreation of the sweeping vistas and rustic canyon towns of
    the American Frontier. The sophisticated in-game physics engine will make hats fly

off enemies when they are shot, bad guys fall off roofs, knock over barrels and bust up
    furniture as they drop; and wagons and carts buck and bounce realistically as they race
    across the desert floor.

Human Head’s unique “Semi Persistent World” technology (SPeW) enables varying
    terrain through mountains, deserts, prairies, and river valleys. This technology enables
    multiple missions to be played on the same map and reveals new missions as the

game progresses. In addition, SPeW allows for many items that get changed or destroyed
    in one mission to remain destroyed when players return on later missions.

Wow! Those screenshots sure are pretty... and Infogrames is one of my fav developers. I'm not a big FPS fan, but I'm certainly glad to see the gaming companies broadening their horizons as far as subject matter is concerned. How many more sci-fi shooters do we really need?

Merimac was right... with the diverse time periods of games coming out this year, it's going to be a great year for gaming. Maybe when it's all over, I'll own more than 3 games!

BTW -- I just downloaded the demo for "Outlaws" on the PC. It's primitive, but still fun. You might want to try it while you wait for "Dead Man's Hand".

Good call! Where did ya' down it from? How large a file?
    (pity for the poor 56kers)

this game looks amazing. Im gonna have to have about a thousand dollars to kill off my I want list........its up to like 15 games now

Thread Information