Thread: Sega GT Grand Prize Problem

I play video GAMES. Xbox_Die_Hard's Avatar
    A small town that exists to only the ones who live there. (Lindale, Texas)

Default Sega GT Grand Prize Problem

I dont know how to what to do to win the grand prizes in the event races on sega gt 2002.

HOW?
    All yOur Base aRe Belong tO Us.

Forget about it.....and buy Burnout 2.
    Won't get stuck in this game !
    Sega Gt Sux - the cars are all over the place......
    Sim sux....Arcade Rules !!!!!!!

Originally posted by Xbox_Die_Hard
    I dont know how to what to do to win the grand prizes in the event races on sega gt 2002.

HOW?
    I think I can understand your question despite it's structure. I'm guessing that you're looking for advice on how to win the Special Prizes and not the Grand Prizes, which makes it sound like the Winning Prize. Of course, to get the Winning Prize, you need to place first in the race. To get the Special Prize, is a little trickier. You have to pull off a come-from-behind win to get the Special Prizes. Event Races are all 2 laps. So, after the first lap you have to be either 4th, 5th or 6th place when you cross the line. Then, when you finish the race, you have to be either 1st, 2nd or 3rd respectively. There are 2 different ways to try this. One is to get into 4th, 5th or 6th place and stay there for the entire first lap, then try to get to at least the required place before the end of the race. The other way is to try to get ahead of 1st, 2nd or 3rd place and keep them behind you until the end of the first lap and let everybody pass you, then they will not be so far away when you try to regain your lead. I hope this is what you wanted to know, and that you understand these instructions.
    Halo: Combat Evolved (9.5) || Dead Or Alive 3 (9.0) || NBA Live 2002 (8.0) || Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x (7.0) || NHL 2002 (8.0) || The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || Sega GT 2002 (9.0) (Hidden Content ) || MechAssault (8.5) || Unreal Championship (8.0) || Sega Sports NFL 2K3 (8.5) || Dead Or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (8.5) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (9.25)

Listening to Fur Patrol's Pet LP & Starlifter EP albums (Hidden Content )
    Reading Halo: The Flood by William C. Dietz (Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

I had the same problem myself. I could easily win the charger then the chevelle in the drag races, but was very confused about the special prizes in the other races.
    Thanks...

thanks man, that sounds convincing enough.....
    by the way, how did you figure that out?

haha im in the same situation

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I was trying to find that out myself last night when i got the game. I got the charger and chevelle, but i think I sold them both...i'll have to see when i saved last because i messed up on one part and didnt save...oh well. This game is very fun, except for the part where you have to pick a pile of crap car in the beginning...

The real solution to your problem would be to put the game in your microwave and turn it on for 45 seconds, and NEVER THINK OF IT AGAIN. This game is so bad that those 45 seconds will give you more enjoyment than playing the game for an eternity.
    "Ive come to hate my own creation. Now I know how god feels."
    -Homer Simpson

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by JackTheStripper
    The real solution to your problem would be to put the game in your microwave and turn it on for 45 seconds, and NEVER THINK OF IT AGAIN. This game is so bad that those 45 seconds will give you more enjoyment than playing the game for an eternity.
    i think its just you that sucks...because I have no problem with the game.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

i think its just you that sucks...because I have no problem with the game.
    Good god....I think I actually agree with EHW for once....
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

This game is so tough it's f&*$ing ridiculous. You can really only win the license tests by luck, unlike in Gran Turismo 3 where there is skill and practice involved. I bought this game when it came out and i still havent beat the last license test with the Jag.

Originally posted by Variation

Good god....I think I actually agree with EHW for once....

Heh, luck. If you plan on beating that test by luck then i have no idea how you even got to that point. Yes the game is difficult but obviously not impossible. I mean would you rather play a game that takes no effort and you can beat in 45 minutes or something?

Thread Information