Thread: The Beauty of Second Hand

Talking The Beauty of Second Hand

Some fellow videogame pastimers such as myself have found the truly incredible premise of getting crap you want in exchange for your old crap to be a beautiful thing. Most of the world of electronic joy is, well, a bit pricey for the common man. Just wanted to clue the world in on a few excellent deals to be found at your local flea market, second hand game trade house, or Tuesday Morning.
    Imagine finding once $50 Playstation games for $5. And when I refer to games I automatically exclude low brow work. How about Majora's Mask with expansion for $30 (only saw once for $25). Now you're thinking, "who cares, I'am an x-box addict and I want my titles".
    That is the point of this little post, to inform x-box fans that such titles as Splinter Cell are now hitting second hand bins. A friend of mine procured this lovely item for a trade and $10. Not bad at all for a mint condition if I must say. Apparently, the costly x-box production fees make for a tradehouse of pennywise gamers:
    although most of the more seasoned players already knew this, I just wanted to throw this thrifty tip out into the open for the next generation or the part of the community left in the socratian hole.
    Oh, and a Morrowind still in its plastic wrap was found for $20 just after X-mas in a second hand area. Apparently someone didn't get what they wanted and didn't have sense enough to exchange it.

P.S. Only a few months ago the local super walmart held a very large clearance sale for various GBA and X-Box games, ~$20 a piece, so watch for those too.

I get alot of games once they drop to the bargain bin, a few second hand. But mostly I just wait for the price to drop. For instance Splinter Cell is $29.99 this week at Best Buy.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

If I want cheap games, its off to blockbuster or software etc. At blockbuster I found Wreckless for 6 dollars, and at software etc., I got SegaGT2k2/JSRF for only 10 bucks.

Thread Information