Poll: What is your opinion on this lineup?

Thread: Konami's Lineup

Thumbs down Konami's Lineup

Konami's Xbox Release Dates

Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams 01/08/2002
    ESPN NFL Prime Time 2002 Early January
    ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding 01/17/2002
    ESPN International Winter Sports 01/29/2002
    ESPN NBA 2 Night 2002 02/05/2002
    ESPN MLS Extra Time 2002 03/26/2002
    ESPN Winter X Games Snocross 03/26/2002

Is it just me or is this one sad lineup. I see nothing impressive, maybe Silent Hill 2, but the rest is crap. The ESPN series is probably the lamest sports brand ever (except when Fox Interactive tried for one year). Honestly how many people are even going to consider buying these games?

Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams 01/08/2002 - If you want more nonsensical puzzles (item A in slot 1 item B in slot 2 etc.) and clunky combat thats your proplem. Its never really lived up to the Resident Evil series either, but Survival Horror on the Xbox is weak and this is one of the few titles for fans of that genre on Xbox.

ESPN NFL Prime Time 2002 Early January - Its tough enough with Madden, Fever, and NFL 2K2 all being excellent games

ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding 01/17/2002 - Amped and SSX Tricky - T.K.O. - and there already is an underdog in Transworld Snowboarding

ESPN International Winter Sports 01/29/2002 - huh?

ESPN NBA 2 Night 2002 02/05/2002 - NBA 2K2 nuff said (and Live for you EA sports masses)

ESPN MLS Extra Time 2002 03/26/2002 - no competition and Sega's World Series Baseball has been notoriously poor but if High Heat comes to Xbox toss it (plus who wants to play baseball when you have other more worthy sports?)

ESPN Winter X Games Snocross 01/17/2002 - Well if you like snocross its your only option but it does not look to impressive

I dont know where Metal Gear Solid X is, maybe secret, but it better be coming to make up for this. And hey maybe Im wrong and by some miracle of who ever your god is or better yet the unitation of all the gods under one gaming front these games will be good (ha).
    Last edited by Deathwish; 12-07-2001 at 08:06 PM.

Question

Anybody disagree?

No, I agree totally... I just wish Konami would make a Jurassic Park game..... O, and I guess I'll check out that "MGSX" game too, whatever that is....

j/k

Sports games are not my bag. Thumbs down.

Thread Information