Thread: APC and Linksys

Default APC and Linksys

There are different models of the APC SurgeArrest Game Manager available and there is also a new Linksys wireless item coming for wireless gaming.

Linksys Wireless

APC Game Manager

I definitely like the Wireless thing. It's a pain in the ass to have to do wires to try to get a LAN going in between rooms sometimes. Hopefully this will relieve some of that lol.

oh NOooWww it comes out....I already hammered a long ass Ethernet cable around my room....ah well

Once it becomes more of a nice price, my home network will be wireless too, have a PDA that I want to make Wi-Fi too.

I know what you mean Piccolo, I have my cat6 tacked up around the wall also. I will be first in line for the new Linksys hardware whenever it comes out. I have sent an email for a tentative date and I will post the information when I get it.

The APC hardware is available but Bestbuy and Circuit City for example do not carry it for some reason.

EX2K3 Man

Thumbs up Linksys Prices

This WGA11B, should start to be shipping out to the retail stores about the 4th week of July.

If you have pre-ordered this online through www.amazon.com or www.buy.com then these pre-ordered products will ship out early next week.

Thank you.
    Linksys Sales Team

I looked up the prices, www.amazon.com ($69.99) or www.buy.com ($64.66), the list price is $116.00.

EX2K3 Man

Retired Giveaway Guru BigJosh359's Avatar

Default Re: APC and Linksys

Originally posted by jwissing
    There are different models of the APC SurgeArrest Game Manager available and there is also a new Linksys wireless item coming for wireless gaming.

Linksys Wireless

APC Game Manager
    We gave away the APC Game Manage during the 30 Day Giveaway. It's nice!

Make sure it's firmware upgradable to the new IEEE 802.11g standard that has just been ratified - has the distance of A with the speed of B...

The 802.11b part is WGA11B ($79.99)
    No, this is not upgradeable to the G format.

There is a separate device for 802.11g (54mbs), that part is WGA54G - $159.99. Coming out later next month.

I just got a 54Mbps WAP yesterday. It's so SWEET! I love the speed and freedom of surfing from anywhere in my house from my laptop.

Thread Information