Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did I just play KOTOR for 10 hrs straight?

Take It As It Comes TegSkywalker's Avatar

Shocked Did I just play KOTOR for 10 hrs straight?

Yup just took a break from Knights of the Old Republic around a half hour ago and phew... my eyes are tired. Picked it up today around 2 pm or so and been going at it non stop.

What an engrossing game! I haven't had this much RPG fun since Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation! I have been reading a few threads about people saying that this game isn't for everyone and so on. I say... give the game a chance!

I used to hate RPGs in the pre-Playstation era (FF3) but they have really grown on me in the last few generations which included FF7, Xenogears, the Shenmue series, and of course KOTOR.

Definately worth the $50.
    Current Xbox Live Games: Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Splinter Cell: PT.

Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Default Re: Did I just play KOTOR for 10 hrs straight?

Originally posted by TegSkywalker
    Yup just took a break from Knights of the Old Republic around a half hour ago and phew... my eyes are tired. Picked it up today around 2 pm or so and been going at it non stop.
    Hmmm. We only thought that Matrix warrior Neo was learning Kung Fu during his lengthy session with Tank ... but in reality, he was actually playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic!

TANK: Hey, Mikey -- I think he likes it. How about some more?
    NEO: Hell yes.... Hell yes.
    MORPHEUS: How's he doing?
    TANK: Ten hours straight. He's ... a machine!
    Last edited by selowitch; 07-18-2003 at 08:22 AM.

Talking

I've played about 15 hours in the first 2 days!! I LOVE IT!

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Originally posted by Papke
    I've played about 15 hours in the first 2 days!! I LOVE IT!
    Wow. I havent quite played as much but I did play for about 5 hours straight today. I JUST got my lightsaber *spoilers*

Im not to sure if I was doing the right thing but I guess Im supposed to go into that area where there is a lot of tall grass and the rabid dogs. I couldnt get into that door so I went around and fought that jedi (i didnt even talk to her, im darrrrrrrk! lol) I got killed shortly after that. Am I on the right track?

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

**SPOILERS**

If you're talking about that Juhani girl with the messed up pony-tail thing, then yes you are. That's the last part of the jedi trials.

**SPOILERS**

If you're talking about that Juhani girl with the messed up pony-tail thing, then yes you are. That's the last part of the jedi trials.
    Well, I didnt pay to much attention to her hair but I know right before I was going to fight her, she froze up my 2 other party members.

Yeah, that's her.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

are you guys off taris yet?

Yeah, I got off Taris this morning. I'm about to leave the next planet you visit, Dantooine. This game is addicting.

Hey Pap, did you solve that case? I thought I did but I ended up being wrong. If you did solve it, did you get anything? Is it worth going back and getting right?

Did you all do all of the mini quests on Taris? or did get get the F off the planet as soon as you could?

Also....what level were you when you left Taris?

Originally posted by Fosho
    Did you all do all of the mini quests on Taris? or did get get the F off the planet as soon as you could?

Also....what level were you when you left Taris?
    I did the card game and the battle arenat (beating it gives you dark points! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA). And I got the syrum for the hospital or whatever. But again, I refused to give it to them BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I did the arena battle up until the last guy.....and i saved the 2 peeps in the lower city that had the disease and gave the serum to that hospital and......i couldnt find the girl of that old man down in the sewers.......dunno where she was down there.....

Taris was fun....this new planet im on is uber. Grassy......loads and loads of foos to kill. I wanna beat them all. ALL OF THEM I TELL YOU! ALL OF THEM! I'm doing my last test to become a padawan.

I have a Blue LightSaber. WUWU! IM UBER! They asked me waht i wanted to do......i just said KILL IT! lol and they agreed i needed blue.

this game is so fun. I cannot wait to play again......i'd still be playing right now........but my dad woke up and wanted to watch tv..........i guess im not going to sleep now lol!

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    Hey Pap, did you solve that case? I thought I did but I ended up being wrong. If you did solve it, did you get anything? Is it worth going back and getting right?
    I solved the case. You don't get anything in return except the quest being done. lol. I'm in the ruins right now, them droids in there are hard as hell. I think i'm just gonna go back out and lvl up some more on them doggies. I might just go back and kill the mandalorian leader, who i would've killed earlier but i got scurred. :o
    Games i own: Halo 2, Burnout 3: Takedown, Rainbow Six: Black Arrow, Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden, Unreal II, Midtown Madness 3, Halo, State of Emergency.

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    Alboogy, I got that stupid case wrong too, so I went back and redid it, but you only got more XP I think. I'm pretty sure you don't get any light or dark points.

Edit* Cheedoh beat me to it, but I didn't see his. Oh well, now you know for sure that you only get more xp.

Originally posted by cheedoh

I solved the case. You don't get anything in return except the quest being done. lol. I'm in the ruins right now, them droids in there are hard as hell. I think i'm just gonna go back out and lvl up some more on them doggies. I might just go back and kill the mandalorian leader, who i would've killed earlier but i got scurred. :o
    Just use a bunch of ion grenades and equip ion blasters/rifles, Strength boosters help A LOT when fighting these 2 droids.
    Stun droid seems to lowers its defense as well.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I have a total of 7 lightsabers now. I have my own double-bladed one that I put a green crystal and a power crystal in. These crazy mofos tried to jump me on Tatooine and when I finished them off I got a short lightsaber. Then I have 5 other regular ones from various people. Whenever I try to use 2 at a time I miss almost every attack tho. So I stick to my disruptor rifle or my double-bladed lightsaber.

Alboogy, I got that stupid case wrong too, so I went back and redid it, but you only got more XP I think. I'm pretty sure you don't get any light or dark points.

Edit* Cheedoh beat me to it, but I didn't see his. Oh well, now you know for sure that you only get more xp.
    Alright, then I will just skip it. I was afraid if I did solve it that I would get light points and my guy cant have that! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Wheres the crystal cave! I haven't found it yet. And where's that droid that one chick wants me to find?
    Games i own: Halo 2, Burnout 3: Takedown, Rainbow Six: Black Arrow, Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden, Unreal II, Midtown Madness 3, Halo, State of Emergency.

Originally posted by JJaX

Just use a bunch of ion grenades and equip ion blasters/rifles, Strength boosters help A LOT when fighting these 2 droids.
    Stun droid seems to lowers its defense as well.
    The sherruk dude keeps killing me.

Edit: Never mind he's dead now, i just ran around in circles letting my party members shoot him.
    Last edited by cheedoh; 07-19-2003 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information