Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Petition

Starving College Student

Default Star Wars Petition

I think we should petition George Lucas to let Bioware write Episode III!

i mean....how could episode 1 and 2, written by lucas himself, be such crap, but a videogame by Bioware can have such an awesome plot with great acting (compared to episodes 1 and 2, at least), amazing plot twists (better than "Luke, I am your father.")...man..

I just beat KOTOR, and all i can say is...WOW...that was the best game I've played in a LONNG time...like..woah...like the last time i got this awesome feeling of accomplishment was when i destroyed teh Halo my first time, or after I killed Gannon in Ocarina of Time. I'm really blown away by the quality of this game...and how addictive it is...man....i dont think ive ever beaten a game of this length (gameplay hours) in as short a time as a did (days in real life)

man i cant stop gushing on about how great this was.

if you dont have kotor yet, buy it before i force-choke you!
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Im not to sure Bioware actually wrote the story. Im betting lucasarts had the story but Bioware actually made it an amazing game.

On a side note, im so amazed that you koopa has become such an xbox fan. I remember when you first registered you criticized everything Xbox. Now you have an xbox avatar!

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    Im not to sure Bioware actually wrote the story. Im betting lucasarts had the story but Bioware actually made it an amazing game.

On a side note, im so amazed that you koopa has become such an xbox fan. I remember when you first registered you criticized everything Xbox. Now you have an xbox avatar!

I could have sworn he was one of those that were against Xbox a year or so ago...I reckon I was correct. Ahh well. I guess that wasn't ever a problem anyway.

Oh.....and I agree fully with Koopa. This game is teh rule. I am nearing 50 hours of gameplay. I'm on the last world trying to become a sith so that i can get the last star map...

Member on the run

It's funny, I did the sith planet first! Those jedi killing creatures were pains, but I got through them alright! Also, I think Boogy is right here man, Lucasarts probably wrote the story, but Bioware just supped it up and kicked ass with it.

Oh yeah...petitions work SO well, especially when dealing with an egomaniac like George Lucas. Good luck.

like Hugh said....petitions never work..especially online petitions.....the only way to really impress someone is to get 200,000 actual signatures....now thats a petition

but even then, doubt it will work

but if you can get me 2,000 signatures...i'll give you a dollar

Default Re: Star Wars Petition

Originally posted by Koopa
    I think we should petition George Lucas to let Bioware write Episode III!
    I imagine it's way too late to allow the writers of KOTOR to write the third episode of a story arc George usually makes up on the spot... *sigh*

Although, Sending thousands of eMails to Lucas Arts and Bioware spewing the goodness about the StarWars KOTOR RPG... may just get another made. Especially if everyone actually buys a copy of the game and boost the sales up... Sequels generally get made by showing the game has a solid ability to make money. Similar to movies...

Let's get another KOTOR or KOTEOR (Knights of the Even Older Republic)

Send those positive feedbacks to Lucas Arts and Bioware
    Lucas arts Snail mail:
    Mailing Address
    LucasArts
    Attention: Product Support/Feedback
    P.O. Box 10307
    San Rafael, CA 94912

Bioware Snail and E
    Mailing Address:
    BioWare Corp.
    302 10508 82 Avenue
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Canada T6E 6H2

E-mail: contact@bioware.com
    Phone: 780-430-0164
    Fax: 780-439-6374

Of course both don't like unsolicited mail, I.E: Pictures, models, Script Ideas and or ame ideas... Just send a little note that says KOTOR KICKS ALL A$$!

*meh*

delphar
    teh sukXrz
    Hidden Content

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

I don't think Lucas Arts had as much to do with this game as you all would like to think. From what I remember reading in the months leading up to this game, BioWare's writers were responsible or everything. I'm sure there were certain guidelines they had to follow, but all in all, BioWare's KOTOR team wrote the entire thing. While George Lucas had veto power on the project, I'm sure, I highly doubt he had a lot to do with it (if anything).

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Originally posted by thrAsher
    I don't think Lucas Arts had as much to do with this game as you all would like to think. From what I remember reading in the months leading up to this game, BioWare's writers were responsible or everything. I'm sure there were certain guidelines they had to follow, but all in all, BioWare's KOTOR team wrote the entire thing. While George Lucas had veto power on the project, I'm sure, I highly doubt he had a lot to do with it (if anything).
    Good point, it is a licenced game after all... Bioware has hired some fantastic writers.. and they are currently working on two new RPG's for Microsoft games tudios based on their own Intellectual properties.. I wonder what they'll be. . .

delphar
    teh sukXrz
    Hidden Content

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Originally posted by Delphar7

Good point, it is a licenced game after all... Bioware has hired some fantastic writers.. and they are currently working on two new RPG's for Microsoft games tudios based on their own Intellectual properties.. I wonder what they'll be. . .

delphar
    Errr...."bad a$$", maybe?

:wink:

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

Originally posted by thrAsher

Errr...."bad a$$", maybe?

:wink:
    yeap... I reckon. . .

delphar

BTW: I eMailed Bioware today and just got a response... "Thanks for you support" basically. . .
    teh sukXrz
    Hidden Content

Starving College Student

first, yep i was the anti-xbox guy waay back...2 years ago i think..or 1 i dont remember...summer before the GC and xbox launches. after awhile i just kinda got disillusioned with gamecube, and got an xbox, but kept my cube for zelda:WW..

yeh and uh the petition was a joke guys

*MINOR SPOILERS*

oh and i went to kashyk first, cuz i wanted to see teh wookies

then manaan cuz that twi'lek told me to meet the genohardan guy there..
    then tatooine , then uh.....got captured by the leviathan, then that sith planet, then the starforge stuff..
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

first, yep i was the anti-xbox guy waay back...2 years ago i think..or 1 i dont remember...summer before the GC and xbox launches. after awhile i just kinda got disillusioned with gamecube, and got an xbox, but kept my cube for zelda:WW..

I knew it. I wasnt 100% sure though. But now I do remember, it was you, the Nintendo fanboy and Devil May Cry, the PS2 fanboy.

BTW, I apologize for being off-topic

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Starving College Student

Originally posted by AlBoogy

I knew it. I wasnt 100% sure though. But now I do remember, it was you, the Nintendo fanboy and Devil May Cry, the PS2 fanboy.

BTW, I apologize for being off-topic
    yeah i really liked devil may cry....he was a smart guy. misguided, but smart

wat ever happened to him?

oh yeah, but my favorite was miyazaki...that guy was the biggest nintendo zealot i've ever seen...i mean usually he had good arguements, but he often resorted to insulting people's inteligence, mothers, and sexual preference man it was fun to post alongside, or sometimes against, that guy...

miyazaki, cheers to you

but yeah most people hated the guy.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

yeh and uh the petition was a joke guys

*MINOR SPOILERS*

oh and i went to kashyk first, cuz i wanted to see teh wookies

then manaan cuz that twi'lek told me to meet the genohardan guy there..
    then tatooine , then uh.....got captured by the leviathan, then that sith planet, then the starforge stuff..
    Koopa I remember way back when you were anti-Xbox. Didn't you start a "Hell freezes over" thread when you got your Xbox? Glad you converted over to Xbox. I only wish we could get SF to really get an Xbox too.

I don't think you will have much luck convincing george lucas to let someone else rewrite a movie he wrote before episode 4 was even in the theaters. He wrote 9 episodes when he was hired to write the movie in the first place and they started out with episode 4 through 6 and now are showing the first 3 episodes. which we already know how it will end.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default exactly

Bioware couldnt change much of the plot because we all know how it end. They can't just go like "Anakin DOESN'T turn into Vader... HA!!!" or something. I think what your looking for is Bioware DIRECTING Episode III, and I doubt that'll happen. My guess as to what happens in Episode III, Emporer/Senator/Chancellor Palpatine kills Amidala (cant remember her first name right now) then says that some Jedi did it, and makes him go to the dark side. Oh, and Boba Fett swares revenge on Mace Windu for killing his father. And Lando Calrissian will be introduced in some respect, as will a young Hans Solo and Chewbacca. Maybe we'll see the card game between Lando and Hans. Again, all my personal opinion. Lets see how good my predicitons are in a couple years...

Default Re: exactly

Originally posted by Jerred B
    as will a young Hans Solo and Chewbacca. Maybe we'll see the card game between Lando and Hans. Again, all my personal opinion. Lets see how good my predicitons are in a couple years...
    I will punch the person sitting next to me and throw my popcorn at the screen and leave if that happens.

So your telling me you want to see a Young solo and baby chewy causing trouble rugrats style.

OH...MY.....GOD......No....

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Toder
    I don't think you will have much luck convincing george lucas to let someone else rewrite a movie he wrote before episode 4 was even in the theaters. He wrote 9 episodes when he was hired to write the movie in the first place and they started out with episode 4 through 6 and now are showing the first 3 episodes. which we already know how it will end.
    9 episodes? does that mean he still has to make 7-9?

Wha the hell was lucas thinking when he created Jar Jar binks anywayz?

Wondering Around

as of right now, he will not be producing episodes 7 - 9. He's stated as much.

Thread Information