Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaman

Default Seaman

Anyone else play the original one on the Dreamcast. I love this game, I mean it had Lenard Nimoy doing the commentary. I am so stoked about Xbox getting Seaman online. Can you imagine all those smart aleck seamem online. Hopefully It'll take advantage of the headset.

I hadn't heard this title was coming to XBOX. I always this this game sounded interesting.

how do you play seaman online? and it was great for the dreamcast.
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

I don't know, but can you imagine breeding your Seaman online!? Man, if you thought the first one was odd! How about flinging your poo at other Seaman!? Ahhhh, I want it now.

Frostberg

Fill the rest of us what Seaman is? The only thing I have ever seen is in a magazine where there was a mic card or something in the DC controller and little sperm things running around the screen...

thats all it is....
    t00 1337 f0r j00 and j00 and j00....this 1337s for j00 and j00 and j00 and j00.....

it was fun for dc but i didnt know they were getting it for x-box

Frostberg

WTF IS IT??

a sperm thing that swims and talks, no point whatsoever....
    t00 1337 f0r j00 and j00 and j00....this 1337s for j00 and j00 and j00 and j00.....

I never did get a chance to play this game, is it any good? What's the point of it? (just bored & wondering)
    And that's all I have to say about that.

Frostberg

okkk why is it fun? If theres no point in the game...umm you just look at sperm travel around...yeahhh what a waste of $50!

Well here's the thing. You really couldn't call it a game, in all actuallity it's more of a sim pet on crack. Basiclly you raise this tiny egg to a full grown Seaman that's basiclly a frog with a human head. You have to talk to these ill temperd things to try to make them like you and grow a larger vocabulary. When they are first born they only make baby noises like gu-gu ga-ga, then thier voices start to change and they now start saying the words you thaught them. I had 9 in my tank and they started to kill eachother off once they ran out of room. The prey would yell things like, "save me jebus!" and "Dieing tickles". Tooken straight out of the simpsons. They mate, fling poo on the glass and ask wierd questions. You can tell them anything through the microphone, give them names, pick them up, smack them, tickle them, even kill them. It's just one wierd game.......er....sim that has to be played to apreciate. It will have you so attached to these freaky looking things that you'll start to question your sanity.

Frostberg, If youv'e only seen a magazine ad, who the hell are you to call it a waist of money? You'd have to be pretty stupid if you're going to judge a game by it's ad. First play it, then say whatever the hell you want about it.

Frostberg

Well I was trying to ask WTF it was...as you can see in my previous posts. If you would also read what other people said you would see why I was confused! It still sounds like a waste of money though considering all the much better games out there..

I know that you said WTF, that's how I knew you know nothing about the game and shouldn't have called it a waist of money. If your'e going to make a judgment on 1337h4x's one line statement, "a sperm thing that swims and talks, no point whatsoever....", then your'e a dumb ass. You don't even know if he played the game! For one, they only look like little sperm for about the first 2 hours. What about Monkeyman? He thought it was a fun game or maybe you didn't read what other people said. Frostberg, remind me not to trust any of your reviews, I want to make sure the person has played the game before calling it a waist of money.

Frostberg

Ok well I dont think that raising sperm that have human heads that you can talk to sounds fun to me, so its a waste of money for ME, not for you. IMO there are better games out there, and on MY list you wont see seaman

ign's review of Seaman

They thought it was good.

Frostberg

Well im sure in august 8th 2000 it might of been a good game. Im talking about now there are better games to buy. Id rather have Project Ego, Medal of Honor: Allied Assult, Brute Force, Battlefield 1942, Wreckless, Elder Scrolls III, MGSX and so on I dont see how seaman will be worth the money. I think the fad of having "creatures" has wore out. Can you say "Pogs'?

lol, read that whole review in full, you will pI$$ your pants oh my god thats funny... i will buy that game in an instant

It was at the exact instance where the thermostat fell below 20 degrees that the Seaman began to throb and grow. Suddenly, I felt a little ashamed. Partially because I have just used the words "throb", "grow", and "seaman" all in one sentence

ok... doesnt that make you want to keel over laughing...

Frostberg

You're knocking a game that everyone says they've etheir enjoyed or are intrested in and you haven't even played it. You need to take that stick out of your ass and play it. Then you can call it the worst game ever made and I wouldn't give a rats ass because that's your opinion. Nooooo, I didn't know that there are better games coming out on the Xbox.(you stupid $hit) Why you think seman is a fad, bewilders me. In order for it to be a fad it would have had to be very popular with the uninformed public(you). And no it's nothing like those key chain giga pet things that you're eluding to. But then again you wouldn't know that becuase YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME!!! In fact this was probably the first review you've seen for the game. I swear you're an ignorant little boy.

wwfraven2k

That's some funny stuff! The game is full of twisted humor like that. I hope the new one will be a little bit more adult. I can't wait to go online with this thing.

Frostberg

Well thats my opinion, like I already said! I dont care one bit if you love your little seaman. I just dont find fun in taking care of a little sperrm looking thing with a head that gets eaten and does things while you sit there and look at it for hours. Dont cry about it now. Im sorry if you love it to death and I dont. Sounds a lot like the things I was reffering to. Ity starts out as a little sperm thing, grows up...lives for a little while and eventually dies. I didnt call it the worst game ever either. If you are looking for that go look at "extreme paintbrawl". I just said it isint fworth the money TO ME because there are better games than taking care of a virtual pet/person thing. I guess you didnt read my previous post where i capitalized things like MY and ME because I hoped they would bring to your attention that it is MY opinion and that maybe you love seaman. I dont care. I can look at a game and read about it and tell if I like it. This doesnt even break into my "shell" of games I like. I dont want to raise a silly creature thing. If its so popular and great Im sure any one of my DC friends would of talked about it and Im sure I would of known. We all made fun of it and were cracking jokes about it when we saw the silly tadpole with a goofy face. Yeahhh thats not for me

Thread Information