Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fps master controller

Default fps master controller

i am thinking about getting a fbs master controller and i have no idea if it is worth it do any of u peeps know????

I checked it out at Best Buy this weekend to see how it feels. Cosmetically, it looks and feels kinda cheap.

Functionally I think it may have an advantage.

The A, B, X, Y buttons are located on the both the right and left handles as trigger buttons that you would hit with your middle and ring fingers. Then there is the actual triggers as well. The purpose is to keep your thumbs on the analog sticks at all times. The black and white buttons are the cheapest buttons by far and look like they were just thrown on. They are in a decent location though.

I may actually buy it and review it, but only from a place that allows returns. Would hate to get stuck with a bad controller....again.

It was definately comfortable to hold.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

i might grab one b/c i spilled pepsi on one of my type-s controllers. or i could just clean it... :-\

hmm

It's getting decent reviews out there for what thats worth...
    Reviews

I need to go by CC and see if they've got em.

Thanks Frag. The reviews are pretty favorable. I may look into getting this one.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

ok i might get one but what games might are good for the controller (I play lan halo matches every month)

Originally posted by bababanachos
    ok i might get one but what games might are good for the controller (I play lan halo matches every month)

Off the top of my head, I'd say...................FPS
    RIP Dave

This looks like a cool controller. I don't know how much advantage it would give you though. Maybe a very slight edge in some close quarter combat (if there were melee atttacks like in Halo). I don't know. I'll wait for one of you shmucks to get this and tell me how it works in the real world of Xbox Live.

I hadn't heard about this controller yet but I think I may buy one. While I was playing Halo, I had thought that a controller like that would be really helpfull but I had no idea someone would actually make it.
    XBox Live games I own:
    -Return to Castle Wolfenstien
    -Halo 2
    -Fable
    -Splinter Cell

Personally I didn't like the feel of it and the only reason i say that is my hands were too big for the button lay out. My finger didnt rest comfortable on the buttons along the two handles. Now i do think if the controller fits your hands well it would be good.......atleat they have it so you can hold on the controller before you buy it. Too bad there couldnt be a controller with some type of gel sensor pads that would sense where your fingers were and then by pressing a certain finger on the gel, it would activate a function. So say everything the same on that controller but instead of having the buttons along the handles, have the gel sensor pad there.............now that would be the s**t

Fidelis Ad Mortem ScottTheKilla's Avatar

Originally posted by bigcheat
    Personally I didn't like the feel of it and the only reason i say that is my hands were too big for the button lay out. My finger didnt rest comfortable on the buttons along the two handles. Now i do think if the controller fits your hands well it would be good.......atleat they have it so you can hold on the controller before you buy it. Too bad there couldnt be a controller with some type of gel sensor pads that would sense where your fingers were and then by pressing a certain finger on the gel, it would activate a function. So say everything the same on that controller but instead of having the buttons along the handles, have the gel sensor pad there.............now that would be the s**t
    As long as the ad campaign doesnt have any gellin like magellan slogans lol

Seriously though this controller looks kinda cool. Too bad its not cordless though but not too shabby for $29.

I think the joy sticks need to have a good feel like the microsoft ones. Also they need to be tight in movment...not a loose stick. I'd like to try one though. To bad you cant rent controlers at blockbuster.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

Can som1 plz post a pic of this thing? I really wanna see it but havent seen a pic of it yet...
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

Originally posted by T-FiNGeR
    Can som1 plz post a pic of this thing? I really wanna see it but havent seen a pic of it yet...

Originally posted by RagunCajun
    To bad you cant rent controlers at blockbuster.
    You CAN rent controllers at Circuit City. Can you say "30 day money back guarantee with no questions asked"?

Originally posted by FragMaster B

You CAN rent controllers at Circuit City. Can you say "30 day money back guarantee with no questions asked"?
    Haven't seen this at any retail store. Only online. Is it in your Circuit City?
    RIP Dave

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Haven't seen this at any retail store. Only online. Is it in your Circuit City?
    Haven't been to CC in a while. May be time for a trip. Lynx said earlier that he fondled it at Best Buy...

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

I wana hold this thing and then i will decide of its that much better. I hate the narrow controller S's along with ps2 controllers. This seems to be in that sort of shape. Maybe gamestop will have one.

Yeah it was out at Best Buy, but I checked Circuit City yesterday (was going to try the 30 day money back guarantee) and they didn't have any. I asked and the guy didn't know what I was talking about.

Edit: A quick check. CC doesn't even have it on their online store so doubt they are getting any anytime soon.
    Best Buy has it though online.
    Last edited by LynxFX-XBA; 11-19-2003 at 03:11 PM.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA
    Yeah it was out at Best Buy, but I checked Circuit City yesterday (was going to try the 30 day money back guarantee) and they didn't have any. I asked and the guy didn't know what I was talking about.

Edit: A quick check. CC doesn't even have it on their online store so doubt they are getting any anytime soon.
    Best Buy has it though online.
    Thanks for the info Lynx. You saved me a trip down there to look. I'm sure I'll be in CC sometime before Xmas. I'll be on the lookout and alert the media if they do happen to get it.

Thread Information