Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Bout Max Pain Yet?

Question Anyone Bought Max Pain Yet?

I was gonna pass on this game until I seen the jaw dropping commercial on TV the past week or two and am starting to consider getting this game. The story (from what the commercial was boosting) looks very interesting. I need an action/adventure game for my Xbox, but I wanna know what does anyone that has bought and played this game think about it?

I appreciate any comment that beyond just saying it's all this and that without explaining themselfs why it is! Thx.
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 12-30-2001 at 06:53 AM.

Well if you havent tried the PC version, im sure its probably just as fun on the xbox, though you'd be missing out on some of the interesting mods/3rd party maps.

I was gonna get it but i was short on cash at the moment, but u can almost like freeze time to dodge bullets almost like in The Matrix so I'm really interested in getting it

So that's why it was going in slow motion in the commercial?
    I thought they were just trying to add to the suspence!
    Matrix like gun shots/dodging huh? Now that's a plus!

I'm sure the XBOX version is nearly identicle to the PC version, since the hardware to run the code is virtualy the same. That having been said, it is a great game. There has only been one consistent complaint by those who have played it extensively, and that is the fact that the game CAN be finished in 10-15 hours. Does that mean you WILL finish it in 10-15 hours? No, not likely. Not because of your gaming skills mind you, but because you will want to do some levels over and over again because its that good of a game. I own the PC version, and plan on renting the XBOX version this week. I'll tell you what I think after that.

Frostberg

If you have a good PC system its cheaper to buy the PC game than the Xbox version...its all if you like using the mouse and keyboard or a controller more

I love my mouse and keyboard for FPS, works wonders with my set-up
    Hidden Content

Aim: WoodrowDaHoBo

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Is there going to be a keyboard and/or mouse setup for the XBOX?

Frostberg

nope, never...dont look for em as MS wants the console to not feel like a PC

Default Max Payne Rocks!

I love that game! Buy it dude!

I really do think Max Payne plays better with a controller. This is only shooter I can say that for though.

yeah i just beat it last night and let me tell you it's one of the better games out there, their is nothin like flyin towards a guy in slow motion as he bullets fly over your head and you let off a shotgun blast into his chest at almost point blank range
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

I just bought it the other day, and I must say, it's quite the game. Definatly worth the buy, if you have enough. The story keeps you in the game HUGE. I've played it on my PC also (I d/l a ripped version of it without voices, was kinda boring with no story) and I'll say that once you get used to using your controler to play, it's actually easier and WAY less complicated then mouse/keyboard. It's a great game! It looks the same as the PC version, but it's BEAUTIFUL none the less. If you have surround, turn it on, it's amazingly easier with it because you know what direction to shoot... not like on my PC.

It's a GREAT game, and shootdodging is very useful, but it takes getting used to aiming while flying through mid air... co-ordination is a must for this shooter!

my ripped version had sound....hmmm....
    Hidden Content

Mine had sounds.... but when the comic strips ran, you read them, there was no backround voice... know what I mean ??

I like max's story telling better then my reading.... His way of saying it is great too...

Frostberg

arrr me mates of the software pirate high seas! See how buying a game is much better than downloading it? Actually downloading it might want to make you buy it too so I guess its ok

you cant return computer games and they cost up to 70 dollars, I dont want to buy something I dont like
    Hidden Content

Frostberg

I still dont see how people are returnig Xbox games tho, they must know people at the store, because my eb is really firm about the no refund once opened policy.

Ninja....

Read this "review" of Max Payne I posted awhile back on here

<a href="http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4398">VAN on Max Payne</a>

Originally posted by VAN
    Ninja....

Read this "review" of Max Payne I posted awhile back on here

<a href="http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4398">VAN on Max Payne</a>

thanks for the link VAN, you did a really good in-depth review for someone whome is not a pro at it.
    i just got my OXM today and they gave it a respectable 8.8 out of a possible 10.0
    I think i'll give it a shop this week. I seen it in my Sunday paper for $44.99 so I guess i'll save $5.00 on it!

Thread Information