Thread: Is there ever going to be a Final Fantasy game for the Xbox

Question Is there ever going to be a Final Fantasy game for the Xbox?

I know I posted this on the Xbox live forum as well but at the time I thought there was only one RPG forum lol.

Anwyay, does anyone know the answer to this question? cause really it's about the only thing keeping me from buying an Xbox, sure all the other features are cool, especially that on-board harddrive, stroke of genius no more memory cards, and there's already a lot of good games out (can't wait to get a copy of LOK: Defiance). But really wether or not there is going to be a FF game out for it sometime in the near future would really do it for me and probably a lot of other fans of the FF series, that and a DBZ game, something a little like Budokai but not so lame in the story mode.
    Last edited by eldraco247; 12-07-2003 at 01:37 AM.

In any short term time... No... not even close.... but who knows in the future...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The Resident Metalhead darkfusion's Avatar

Unfortunatly no that's one of the reason's I kept my PS2, aswell as getting to play MGS3, GTA4 and GT4! however I think there are some pretty cool RPG's coming to the Xbox next year, so all is not lost! Xbox need's some more Japanese developers!

Give KoTOR a try in the meantime, I don't even like Star Wars but it's a pretty solid RPG!
    Hidden Content

masquerade and revel in your opulence.
    writhe unfettered by your stabs at ignorance.
    swim through hues and whispered tones of heresy,
    a dozen strokes to run your blood cold enough to believe
    remember me?

Sony owns a large share of Square-Enix, so the answer is no.

because FF will never go to the XBox, I'm asking for one for Christmas. FFVII is the best and I can play it on the PC!
    cant stopp the Hopp

ScottyC-XBC

Can play every final fantasy but 10 on your PC

No, it won't come to Xbox, but look at all the games that won't go to the PS2

Fable
    Jade Empire
    KOTOR
    Halo 2
    Ninja Gaiden

And a lot of others. 1 game for all of those great game? It is your choice, but I would go with the Xbox for sure.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

I don't think that the Final Fantasy series will ever be seen on the X Box. But really, why not buy one anyway. PS2 and X Box have their advantages and disadvanteges, and with the price of the X Box right now you mine as well just go buy it. Most people spend more money on a video card than what they are asking for it right now, and if you own both systems, then which system has what games becomes irrelevant.
    "You like them spinnen' tires, DO YA?!?!"........Joe Dirt

Talking Ok

Alright all good points but still would get a PS2 first over Xbox anyway cause unlike with the Xbox, PS2 doesn't need a kit to play DVDs that costs about $50can.

PS: Merry Christmas

Thread Information