Thread: ?Xbox SlowDowns...?

Default ?Xbox SlowDowns...?

Hey all, I have had my xbox since christmas 2001, and it's a release date model, thomson drive, and always works fine. I felt like tryin those new missions out for Splinter Cell today, so I started my xbox up and all and started to play. I noticed that there were slowdowns in the gameplay... sortof like the FRAMES were slowing down and stuff. I didn't think much of it cuz my xbox has always worked 100% and still does. I also have noticed this in GTA3... has any1 else here noticed slowdowns in either of these games? (*Note: xbox works PERFECTLY fine for everything else*)

PEACE
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

yeah, i've noticed it in gta3 only when there's like a lot of cars. it's annoying.

I had slow downs on halo once. but thats only because it was scratched i belive. its like ne computer game it can only process so much at once
    Hidden Content
    Thanks for hosting my sig g-w-soupnazi

ive never experienced slowdowns on GTA

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

possibly bc ur playng a custom soundtrack?

I get slow downs and freezes on GTA Vce City , not on Gta 3 , But ALOT of other people have also, they are just bad ports, there is also freezes in Morrowind , I only get slowdowns on games that other people have also, all my other games work great ,

custom soundtracks do sometimes really bog down the system!

Thx guys for ur replys! I only get the slowdowns in GTA3 when there is ALOT of stuff going on, like cops after me, lots of cars around, shooting and other stuff. I guess it just the gameplay but I was just wondering if any1 else had some slowdowns too... anyways, PEACE
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

NBA Live 2004 slowsdown all the time. I am almost 100% sure though that its EA's fault and not my xbox's. If it really bothers you, try cleaning your xbox cd lense.

Originally posted by mitch2025
    ive never experienced slowdowns on GTA
    maybe you arent experiencing the fun with tanks, wanted level 6 stars, and all cops and choppers after you while you are in middle of intersection holding the shoot button for the tank....

trust me you will lag on that.... i did, i lag when it rains, i lag when i'm in the multilevel parking lot, i lag when there are LOTS of cars around.

i lagged in halo like once... maybe it wasnt even close to being a lag...

anyways my xbox is a first gen xbox, and no games freeze, but some games lag.... and those games are metal gear solid 2, and GTA3, i dont know about vice city, hadnt played it yet.... thesse are my own experiences...

maybe your splinter cell disc is scratched?

Thread Information