Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the XBOX really handle...

Default Can the XBOX really handle...

Games like Halo 2, Doom 3?

I've seen excellent screen shots of both games but they were both just renders from PC stations...Can the XBOX output those incredible graphics? Because if it can, why do we need an XBOX 2, these 2 titles by themselves are pushing the envelope of technology all on their own.

I saw a couple shots, and I'm more than impressed, but I wonder if they beef up the pixels for show, or will the game's resolution match whatever their showing us now...what do you all think?

These two images below shock the hell out of me, I never thought I would be playing a game like that in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Brimstone D.; 03-14-2010 at 01:17 AM.

The xbox can even do better.

This is MY HOME

I don't think Doom 3's graphics will look like they do on the screenshots. But those Halo 2 pictures you had are probably what it will look like. Also what is the diffrence between the pictures you posted?

Originally posted by bobby9989
    I don't think Doom 3's graphics will look like they do on the screenshots. But those Halo 2 pictures you had are probably what it will look like. Also what is the diffrence between the pictures you posted?
    Their isn't a difference in pictures, I just posted the cleanest and best looking Halo 2 shots I could find...but t_howell You just got me more excited to hear that and hopefully it ends up looking like that, they look more than impressive.

wow these games r goin to be the best console games i have ever set eyes on...i think the xbox can do even better so they can surly handle Halo2...then there is Doom 3 and i no that it can handle it but r the developers willing to take the time to make the xbox version look just as good as the PC version...thats wut im worried about...btw i believe that for the most part the screens u r seeing of Doom3 are from the PC version...pce

Originally posted by bobby9989
    I know what your were talking about now, I didn't test the images first where I uploaded them, but I've fixed the second image now...try it.

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

MC look just as he did in halo 1 in the videos. and that has to be gameplay footage on the E3 video

P.S. Brimstone your sig is too big the mods are gonna yell at ya
    Last edited by Doobus48174; 12-24-2003 at 10:19 AM.

Man, I just hope Halo and Doom both look as good as they seem right now...I don't know why I've been holding out on buying myself an XBOX for so long...

thanks dudeman for the heads up, I just redid the sig, so it's not so huge, it should be at a justifible range...hopefully.

Default Re: Can the XBOX really handle...

Originally posted by Brimstone D.
    Games like Halo 2, Doom 3?

I've seen excellent screen shots of both games but they were both just renders from PC stations...Can the XBOX output those incredible graphics? Because if it can, why do we need an XBOX 2, these 2 titles by themselves are pushing the envelope of technology all on their own.

I saw a couple shots, and I'm more than impressed, but I wonder if they beef up the pixels for show, or will the game's resolution match whatever their showing us now...what do you all think?

These two images below shock the hell out of me, I never thought I would be playing a game like that in my lifetime.

***Click on these links to show you all what I'm talking about***
    Click Here For Image 1
    Click Here For Image 2
    Your sig is pathetic. When are rappers going to start "singing" about something other than guns, women, and drugs? It makes me laugh.

Default Re: Re: Can the XBOX really handle...

Originally posted by SmileBit

Your sig is pathetic. When are rappers going to start "singing" about something other than guns, women, and drugs? It makes me laugh.
    ROFL, that is halarious SmileBit... this coming from a guy with a "Mario Kart DD" sig! If any1's sig on XBA is pathetic, it would be you! 1st of all, you didn't even state anything productive about the subject when you posted... from now on, refrain from posting in a thread if it's just gonna make you look even more dumb then you are!

As for the graphics of games, Xbox can handle it totally! Xbox has like a "custom" video card developed by Interact or somtin and can handle pretty much the best graphics possible to date. The only problem I can see Xbox having in the near future is keep frames per second at it's highest with that "not soo good" processor it has. I think that Xbox2 will really beef up the processor next time around.
    Last edited by T-FiNGeR; 12-24-2003 at 11:27 AM.
    ** "yOu wAnnA f**k wIt Me?... YOu r F**kiN wiT dA BEsT" **

Whatever man, don't make me put bullet holes on your sig...lol.

It's a joke if you don't understand!

Default Re: Can the XBOX really handle...

Originally posted by Brimstone D.

***Click on these links to show you all what I'm talking about***
    Click Here For Image 1
    Click Here For Image 2
    Those Halo 2 screenshots are of cinematics made with the game engine, so that is what the game will look like when you play it; most likely not at that resolution. Go watch the E3 2003 demo for Halo 2!

http://www.halo.bungie.net

Don't forget also that future xbox games will take advantage of HDTV which will give a tighter dot pitch and outstanding clarity. this factor makes a BIG difference in visuals...Peace and Merry Christmas.

Your PGR2 Rival FuNkY mOnK
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 12-24-2003 at 12:13 PM.

Well, firstly, I'm probably the only one who doesn't think Halo 2's graphics aren't that good, so basing it from the E3 video, Xbox will def. be able to run Halo 2...Doom 3 will be downgraded probably alittle, though.

BTW, You posted screenshots that aren't even ingame shots.....so next time you might want to post in game shots...

I got word in the January OXM that there going to make better hardware and processor for the Xbox. Check this out.

Current Specs

-Intel Pentium III 733MHz Processor
    -NVidia GPU
    -64MB RAM
    -8 Gig HD
    -Xbox Dashboard
    -Built-In Ethernet

Possible Future Specs

-IBM Power PC G5 variant Processor
    -Next-gen ATI Radeon variant
    -256MB RAM
    -Next-gen Xbox Dashboard with DVR capabilities
    -60 Gig HD
    -Built-in Ethernet

What an increase on everything in the Xbox. i can't wait for the new specs to come out.
    Last edited by LoneShinobi; 12-24-2003 at 02:14 PM.
    Clan: Total Downfall
    Gamertag: LoneShinobi
    Fav. Game(Xbox): Counter-Strike
    Clan URL: http://totaldownfall.moonfruit.com

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

Your post is pathetic. When are people who probably done even listen to hip hop quit judging it?? And by your post it shows what your age range is, and why the hell are you in xboxaddict anyway? goto the nintendo forums with that. We dont judge your music, so dont judge ours.

The reason there needs to be an Xbox 2 is because when the Playstation 3 comes out, people will rush to that because it's the next big thing and they will think that the Xbox won't be able to keep up with it. It's all marketing.
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

I just wonder how much better games can get. I wish they could just kep makin games better and not have to have new consoles. I mean... I dont see how much XBOX 2 can be better than XBOX already is. I dunno.
    Previously known as
    Hidden Content
    Warriorboy0302

Yes, I think that the Xbox can handle it because Bungie is making the game FOR the Xbox, so they wouldn't make it so that it is out of the Xbox's capability. Hopefully it will look as good as those picture, probably not in the game.

Geez, 2 in a row SmileBit. Trying for a record?

Happy Holidays!
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
    BTW, You posted screenshots that aren't even ingame shots.....so next time you might want to post in game shots...
    Ingame 01

Ingame 02

You know those are ingame cause they are from the E3 Demo (just higher res because they are from the dev kit).

And if you still don't believe those are ingame, HERE'S an explanation of how they get the screen shots.

Thread Information