Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

Default Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

From EGMs Q Man...

Current talk yours truly has heard puts the debut of Microsoft's Xbox 2 hardeare at the annual Game Developer's Confrence in the spring, with more details to surface at May's Electronic Entertainment Expo---especially if Sony and Nintendo are talking about their next machines. The Q has also picked up word on his sensors that for a need space/cost savings, this time it will not include a hard drive.

Sounds like Microsoft is a little sick of losing 2 billion dollars on the XBox.

Wondering Around

Default Re: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

Originally posted by SmileBit
    From EGMs Q Man...

Current talk yours truly has heard puts the debut of Microsoft's Xbox 2 hardeare at the annual Game Developer's Confrence in the spring, with more details to surface at May's Electronic Entertainment Expo---especially if Sony and Nintendo are talking about their next machines. The Q has also picked up word on his sensors that for a need space/cost savings, this time it will not include a hard drive.

no harddrive would = shooting self in head. I personally wont buy a system now that doesn't have a harddrive unless they come out with memory cards that hold 512 megs to 1 gig of information... I wont be playing the game of having 50 memory cards laying around.

I just couldn't see how anyone now could think not having a harddrive would be a good idea.

MS would definitly be shooting themselves in the foot if they leave out the HD.

no harddrive? Are you serious?
    The smart person says very little, and one with understanding stays calm.

Even fools seem to be wise if they keep quiet; if they don't speak, they appear to understand.

Saddam Hussein taking tips from Wolf Spiders!
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105706,00.html

/sarcasm

Just about as good of a comparison as SmileBits... Don't take anything this kid has to say seriouisly.

Note: Wolf Spiders burrow holes into the ground.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

really now it is the other way around. Sony and nintendo are taking tips from the first xbox to put in their new systems. Souped up specs and a hard drive and maybe nintendo will get more with the times and have a good online service like xboxs' next time.

Originally posted by Trento52
    really now it is the other way around. Sony and nintendo are taking tips from the first xbox to put in their new systems. Souped up specs and a hard drive and maybe nintendo will get more with the times and have a good online service like xboxs' next time.
    Oh yes. They sure are taking tips. Creating a more powerful console is very much Microsofts idea. Nintendo and Sony have never created a console with inflated specs.

I for one think this is smart on MSs part. This way they can compete in price wars. Look at how well the Cube is selling. MS has noticed gamers care more about price than hardrives that werent used very much.

Oh and Hamwich. You dont have to take what I say seriosly but the Q is reputable.

not a fanboy

Default Re: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

From EGMs Q Man...

bull****.

Default Re: Re: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

Originally posted by Fanboy5000

bull****.
    Dont like the sound of MS learning? LOL

The Q has also picked up word on his sensors that for a need space/cost savings, this time it will not include a hard drive.
    Which also means it wouldn't be backwards compatible, not to mention the effect it would have on Live. This is going completely against everything Microsoft is trying to do by getting into the video game industry.

Imo, that's one ridiculous rumor. So ridiculous I even felt the need to come out of lurking to say so.

not a fanboy

Default Re: Re: Re: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

Dont like the sound of MS learning? LOL
    Naw, just don't like bull****.

You know, the stuff that you keep posting.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

Originally posted by Fanboy5000

Naw, just don't like bull****.

You know, the stuff that you keep posting.
    When are XBox fanboys going to learn that MS is dying in this industry?

he's probably just making it up...i mean come on...he hates the xbox...note his sig....

so he is just trying to start some flaming...whithout it looking like a flame thread at the beggening

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

Prove that xbox is dying in the industry. Why in the hell would they leave out the HD when Sony is trying to copy it? Where did you get losing 2 billion from? Who the hell is Q? I'm sick of Sony and Nintendo fanboys coming on to this site spewing nonsense from their pieholes.

This is MY HOME

not a fanboy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Microsoft taking tips from Nintendo...

For real, I'm a Xbox Fanboy?

I'll think about that as I play some Super Smash Bros, starting right now.

I'll check what this topic has done in about an hour and a half.

Well, it's VERY possible the Xbox 2 won't have a hard drive. Four years from now when the Xbox 2 comes out, solid state storage will probably be cheaper than hard drives, and of course far more reliable.

As stated by Zion, if the Xbox v2 is not going to have a hard drive, it will have a similar mass storage medium.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but EGM's reporting is about as reliable as a wet paper bag is for carrying silver dollars.

I like the idea of my xbox having a HD. I ran out of space on my memory card in my ps2. Now i have to go buy another dsmn $24.99 memory card. I think it i smarter to have an HD. Kid's cant afford $24 everytime they need more memory.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!

Gamecube Fanboy posts story with no link, All of Gamecube Fanbosys posts are Flame Wars!, Gamecube Fanboy accuses everyone of Being Xbox Fanboys but thinks he is superior because he is a Gamecube fanboy , Gamecube Fanboy must have Low self esteem and parents who ignore him, his only small happy glee in the day is his feeling of superiorty over ones he thinks are inferior ,,,,,,probably has Nazi Flags all over his walls,

HOT UPDATE!
    notice how wrong Hardware is spelled, come on and editor isn't going to notice that??, so come on Fanboy post a link ,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Yeah really. And like what was stated before. That would defeat the purpose of live. MS made it so like couldnt be saved to memory cards so accounts couldnt be duplicated. Then they just have the same old problem over again. But now no way to fix it. So take a hike u game cube fanboy
    Hidden Content
    Thanks for hosting my sig g-w-soupnazi

Thread Information