Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft and Ninty Merging or a takeover?

Default Microsoft and Ninty Merging or a takeover?

in the recent EDGE Magazine, this was quoted:

RedEye can't say much more about who's going to be involved with the second generation of Microsoft's attempt to invade your living room, but just because it's you, here's a hint : IT'S A-ME MASTER CHIEF-IO. Don't tell anyone though - this news is on a strictly need to knintendow basis. Just between you and RedEye, Okay? Great

This seems very interesting, there was a rumor of this two companies merging together, but it was shot down several times. that happen to the Rare rumor to.

if you look at it closely, there is somewhat trught to it. before mircosoft came in to console wars, they wanted to buy Ninty for 20 billion, but Ninty declined; how stupid, now they are not even worth that amount. and moreover, it seems there can't be room for 3 consoles, so one has to go. now who might that be? the more you put stuff together, the more it becomes obvious. mircosoft merges or takes over Ninty and for one hardware and leaves the handheld for Ninty and even may be help them with games such as Halo etc. its a win win situation for everyone except Sony. i can na like that idea.

what are your inputs on this, do you guys even like the idea even to have Ninty on our side?
    Last edited by blackiee2002; 12-30-2003 at 06:18 PM.

I would love for Microsoft to buy Nintendo. Imagine a Metroid game made by Bungie and Nintendo... A new Rare Donkey Kong Game... and a Mario Kart with the Master Chief. The possibilities are great!

u bet
    Ninty + Mircosoft
    Metroid P + Halo
    Zelda non celshaded for X2
    New next gen Donky kong etc
    kart racing game with mario, Master chief
    its truly endless. we will have to wait though to see if it indeed happens

not a fanboy

If this ever comes to pass, I will eat my Air Force Ones.

I really hope no one thinks this is going to happen.
    Last edited by Fanboy5000; 12-27-2003 at 06:21 PM.

Nintendo is making more money off their GameCube than ANYONE else in this console market. They will pull out when they lose 2 billion dollars. Oh wait MS has already lost OVER 2 billion dollars in the console market. They are going to be the first ones to pull out.

Add to the fact that MS has the lowest percentage of console marketshare and youll be seeing MS pull out pretty soon.

I don't see it happening. Nintendo won't go down without a fight. I love Nintendo although im a bit disapointed with the Gamecube. The Gamecube got off to a great start now things have started to slow down alot. I think Nintendo has at least one more trick in it's hat.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

[Nintendo is making more money off their GameCube than ANYONE else in this console market. They will pull out when they lose 2 billion dollars. Oh wait MS has already lost OVER 2 billion dollars in the console market. They are going to be the first ones to pull out.]
    oh uhh? here comes the NInty fanboys crying foul?

[Add to the fact that MS has the lowest percentage of console marketshare and youll be seeing MS pull out pretty soon.]
    that is exactly flase, they rather have the highest attach ratio of games to a console, if more so than ps2 who have over 60 mil installed base. face it man its over. it was a good long fight but they can't continue any more. unless they change and overhaul most of thier thinking i don't see them having an effect on the next gen wars.

come next gen, you will either sink or swim so fast like monster chasing you. either gamers will win

Originally posted by blackiee2002

oh uhh? here comes the NInty fanboys crying foul?

that is exactly flase, they rather have the highest attach ratio of games to a console, if more so than ps2 who have over 60 mil installed base. face it man its over. it was a good long fight but they can't continue any more. unless they change and overhaul most of thier thinking i don't see them having an effect on the next gen wars.

come next gen, you will either sink or swim so fast like monster chasing you. either gamers will win
    I was just saying the XBox is the least popular console in the world. At least number wise it is. MS cant be happy about this.

Why are you talking about games ratio? This has nothing to do with how many games are available for the xbox.

i meant xbox gamers buy more games than any other system out there and that is what developers like. and that is the most important thing; not the amount of the installed base. it is developers don't care if a system sells 100 mil systems, what they care about is whether thier games will sell on that system period. and it seems the xbox is that system if you look at the game to system attach ratio. i think it is 9 games to every 1 console

Originally posted by SmileBit
    Nintendo is making more money off their GameCube than ANYONE else in this console market. They will pull out when they lose 2 billion dollars. Oh wait MS has already lost OVER 2 billion dollars in the console market. They are going to be the first ones to pull out.

Add to the fact that MS has the lowest percentage of console marketshare and youll be seeing MS pull out pretty soon.
    read the news lately? gamecube is doing the worst out of all of them

and why the hell are you on a xbox forum if your a nintendo guy?

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Originally posted by blinx

read the news lately? gamecube is doing the worst out of all of them

and why the hell are you on a xbox forum if your a nintendo guy?
    Because he likes attention. If he goes to a gamecube forum, he would fit in with everyone else, and no one would pay attention to him. At least here a few people pay attention.

the purchase price for Nintendo was in the hundreds of millions not billions,Microsft is only worth 300 billion, ONE billion dollars is one thousand million dollars, Nintendo is a Small fry company compared to Sony and Microsoft, nintendo only sells games and consoles , Sony and Microsft own over half the world entertanimnet and computer industry ,
    Nintendo will be bought out, or chopped up and sold off , they can't compete for much longer, Microsoft wants Nintendo , you should read "opening the Xbox" its all about how Micrsoft tried to buy Nintendo ,,,,, nintendo knows they should of sold , in five years I wouldn't be suprised if all the Gaming industry was only owned by Sony or microsoft,,,,,,,,or just Microsoft ,,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

It was 20 billion, but Nintendo isn't worth nearly that much now.

Edit:

Btw, Sony is losing money in almost everything accept it's Playstation brand. While Nintendo is only a video game company, they're debt free and profitable in the business (mainly because of the GB). Contrary to popular belief, they're just as well funded as Sony, and at the moment they're sitting on a $6 billion dollar warchest that they're (reportedly) going to put to full use next generation.

Not quite a "small fry" at all.
    Last edited by Rockraven; 12-27-2003 at 08:51 PM.

thanks for the clarification it is indeed in millions not in billions. what was i thinking. any way i bet u ninty wished they had been bought out, but it may not be too late. but this will be the last chance they get or their gonna get screwed

but even if they are worth 6 billion....who in the hells gonna buy them!??!?!

Well how bout this fanboy. If Xbox is the worst of the three consoles. Riddle me this. Why is everyone else copying from it. Hard drives ETC. Xbox isnt the worst of the 3. You put a PS and A ***cube together and they still dont equal to an Xbox. Xbox will always be superior . I bet playstation 3 wont beat the graphics on xbox 1
    Hidden Content
    Thanks for hosting my sig g-w-soupnazi

Originally posted by SniperPete
    Well how bout this fanboy. If Xbox is the worst of the three consoles. Riddle me this. Why is everyone else copying from it. Hard drives ETC. Xbox isnt the worst of the 3. You put a PS and A ***cube together and they still dont equal to an Xbox. Xbox will always be superior . I bet playstation 3 wont beat the graphics on xbox 1
    Now, now, don't go doing what he's doing. You know full well that the Playstation 3 will blow the hell out of Xbox, and we can only wait and see if it will be worse than Xbox 2.

lol took me a while to figure out that ninty stands for nintendo...

i think that it would be great... of course i doubt it will ever come true. i just want all the multiplayer on nintendo to be on xbox... monkey ball, mario party, mario kart, super smash bros, etc. those games are FUN. a zelda game under xbox graphics or xbox 2 graphics would be too good to be true.

Sorry Nintendo fans, but the only time GC makes money is when they drop the price, most of Nintendos money comes from the Game Boy cash cow.

And once again i will state...You can make any set of numbers represent whatever you want them to, twist them turn them, and make them work to your benefit.

And lastly, if anyone is suffering in game development or quantaty of games it sure isn't MS or Sony.

If Nintendo stopped recycling old charecters and games they may stand a chance.

think about this for a moment. there is room for only two consoles. Microsoft came in just as Sega got ousted out of the wars. what did they bring to the table you ask? well they brought more competition, and also raised the competition to a whole new level.

Sony seems to notice this and is compying every move Microsoft makes. Hard drive, Online play, Karaoke machine etc. and what has Ninty done to react to buss? Nada that is right absolutely nothing, rather they keep relying on Mario to do everything for them. i can only say one thing buckle up guys for a wild ride come next generation. i repeat there is room for only two. so Ninty better make some wise decisions before its too late.

Thread Information