Thread: halo 2 postponing... it's beginning

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

Default halo 2 postponing... it's beginning

i hate to say i told you so, but i did.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...555669-0698518

recently, ToysRUs.com has postponed their shipment date of Halo 2 by seventeen days to April 18, 2004.

I still am holding firm that this game will not be released until Q4-2004. If you don't believe me that's fine... but Halo 2 isn't a summer hit, it's probably going to be one of the greatest games of all time (let's all hope), and if Microsoft believes it can beat Halo's game sales on the xbox, it won't release it until November / December of 2004. This is a business like any other, and people are in it to maximize profit, not to release a game when they tell you they will (note the previous 800 postponements)

If they don't think they can match the sales of the original (meaning the sequal to be inferior of the first, which it sure as hell better now be), the game will come out in Q2 (April-Mayish)

So, we'd better all hope that i'm right.

p.s. - for further proof... note that Halo 2 box art hasn't even been released yet... or even leaked out for that matter.
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

bust a nut

Default Re: halo 2 postponing... it's beginning

Originally posted by Cottrau

recently, ToysRUs.com has postponed their shipment date of Halo 2 by seventeen days to April 18, 2004.

I still am holding firm that this game will not be released until Q4-2004. If you don't believe me that's fine... but Halo 2 isn't a summer hit, it's probably going to be one of the greatest games of all time (let's all hope), and if Microsoft believes it can beat Halo's game sales on the xbox, it won't release it until November / December of 2004. This is a business like any other, and people are in it to maximize profit, not to release a game when they tell you they will (note the previous 800 postponements)

If they don't think they can match the sales of the original (meaning the sequal to be inferior of the first, which it sure as hell better now be), the game will come out in Q2 (April-Mayish)

p.s. - for further proof... note that Halo 2 box art hasn't even been released yet... or even leaked out for that matter.
    yea no ****, so dont beleive anything unless its posted from bungie. other places are just guessing the dates.

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Default Re: Re: halo 2 postponing... it's beginning

Originally posted by No Fear 23

yea no ****, so dont beleive anything unless its posted from bungie. other places are just guessing the dates.
    What he said. ToysRus is probably the LAST place I would look to find the date of halo2.

Because the box art hasn't been released it isnt coming out for a year? sure thing there. makes sense to me.

Anything anyone says about halo2's release, unless it is directly from bungi is just speculation, including your "proof".

Default Re: halo 2 postponing... it's beginning

Originally posted by Cottrau

Maybe people like you should stop caring and wait until Bungie gives us some more information. Just let them do their thing and stop posting worthless information everytime a website changes it's release dates for something.

Just to get this straight with everyone- Halo 2 has never been delayed because it has never had an official release date.

Default Confused......

....not to release a game when they tell you they will (note the previous 800 postponements)
    How exactly can a game be considered "postponed" if they never gave an offical release date in the first place? Cottrau, please find me an offical release date if I'm wrong.

Cottrau, instead of hoping that you're right, Im going to hope you stop posting crap.

Someone please close this thread!!! The lack of logic makes my head hurt!!

Again - I've said this numerous times so far, as has Bungie - no date has been announced yet - so please, let's stop with these threads, there's enough old ones up to read through.

Once the date has been announced - we'll have it up before you wake up that morning

Thread Information