Thread: How do you work this xbconnect

SoccerCJM77

Default How do you work this xbconnect

I tried to connect but the computer can never track my xbox. I don't know what to do. I have a Link SYS and it could just be that i'm not hooking it up right. So if someone has a link sys router could you please help me work it so I can get my xbox detected on xbconnect as soon as possible.Thanks

crazy HALO guy

first how are you hooking it up? through a router or through a second network card in you computer? secondly, do you have the righrt type of cable (straithtough into a router cross over into a network card) thirdly do you have a game in "looking for a game" mode in syslink on the Xbox when you tell XBC to search for you box?
    he went to hell and back, and back agian

Proud member of: Hidden Content http://armotech.us/wg-65/65-pic.jpg "
    wana play with me and my big gun?

nG-nExT GeNeraTion ClaN Jayhawk's Avatar

Originally posted by EvilPepper
    first how are you hooking it up? through a router or through a second network card in you computer? secondly, do you have the righrt type of cable (straithtough into a router cross over into a network card) thirdly do you have a game in "looking for a game" mode in syslink on the Xbox when you tell XBC to search for you box?
    Yes and make sure that you are plugging the cable into tone of the middle ports of your router not the outside ones.

I have a linksys router as well, if what others have suggested isn't working just PM me and I will try to help.

Good mother ****ing times happyhotdog's Avatar

u cant use a wireless connect either

I think that XBConnect.com stated that XBConnect cannot run on a 56k modem or any internet service that is not broadband.

SoccerCJM77

Originally posted by EvilPepper

I do have my xbox in looking for a game mode but it the computer never detects it. Also I'm not sure if I connecting everything right and I do have a CABLe modem

Make sure you hard wire your computer (not wireless). Check your port forwarding (see http://www.xbchelp.com/) under Router Configs. If you still can't connect, I don't know what to tell you. The help site is pretty helpful.

Thread Information