Thread: Xbox Music Mixer question...

Default Xbox Music Mixer question...

I have had my eye on this thing for just one reason, getting MP3s on your xbox....but I was wondering once you make an MP3 soundtrack in the music mixer, can you use it in your other games like a normal soundtrack or are they only for the music mixer?

When you pull the MP3's from your PC to the Xbox it is converted to the format the Xbox uses which is similar to a wma. They will work in any game that supports custom soundtracks.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by LiquidX
    When you pull the MP3's from your PC to the Xbox it is converted to the format the Xbox uses which is similar to a wma. They will work in any game that supports custom soundtracks.

not quite.....

if you use the PC-Xbox transfer software with Music Mixer, it'll convert them to play on Music Mixer only! But, you can then convert them to regular Xbox soundtrack within Music Mixer, but you do have to convert them within Music Mixer.

Nick-XBA reviewed this a while back and its quite informative.
    i'd find the link....but my pc id acting strangely at the moment.

Thanks for the help chaps....thinking I may get this. I do have one more question, and I am just to damn lazy to find krafts review so... How do I get the music from my PC to my memory card? Is there a chord that hooks to my computer and/or do I have to have a memory card, because I don't.

Originally posted by Viper87227
    Thanks for the help chaps....thinking I may get this. I do have one more question, and I am just to damn lazy to find krafts review so... How do I get the music from my PC to my memory card? Is there a chord that hooks to my computer and/or do I have to have a memory card, because I don't.
    You dont need a memory card for Music Mixer. You need a networking card on your Windows XP PC and some networking cable. You get the software and transfer it through the network to the Xbox.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by LiquidX

You dont need a memory card for Music Mixer. You need a networking card on your Windows XP PC and some networking cable. You get the software and transfer it through the network to the Xbox.
    ya, that's an important thing to mention... you NEED to have Windows XP!

Thread Information